Jake Neade - Excitement Machine

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks, but there is more than one prophesy in that.......i count more than three.....with one of them scewed way out wack.....250games..what was i thinking.......

I was watching the Carlton and Richmond game, and I saw 2 players that Neade could easily and will become.... Betts or Garland.

Prophesy is the act of prophesying. Prophecy is the actual prediction. :)

And Neade will be better than both of them, because he won't drift in and out of games like those two.

Thanks, but there is more than one prophesy in that.......i count more than three.....with one of them scewed way out wack.....250games..what was i thinking.......

I was watching the Carlton and Richmond game, and I saw 2 players that Neade could easily and will become.... Betts or Garland.

If he does become that - Betts and Tommy Garland - he will indeed be a freak.

If he does become that - Betts and Tommy Garland - he will indeed be a freak.

I was going to make a post about Judy Garland and the Wizard of Oz and it was going to be hilarious, until I realised that it ends with all she want's to do is to go home and we'd hope that he is already there.

I was going to make a post about Judy Garland and the Wizard of Oz and it was going to be hilarious, until I realised that it ends with all she want's to do is to go home and we'd hope that he is already there.

Better hope he doesn't wear red boots.

Great article from Jakey's home town of Elliot.

Elliot Express

‘Elliott Express' Jake Neade making his mark at the top level
741797-jake-neade.jpg

ABOUT 10 minutes after lobbing in town and asking after the family of the footballer who plays for Port Adelaide we are at their front door.

The player is Jake Neade and his folks, Chris Neade and Bev Wilson live in South camp, one of the two Aboriginal town camps in the 350-person Outback town of Elliott.
Out the back of the Elliott pub is Shelley McDonald who is setting up for the town's annual gay and lesbian mardi gras.
She flushes out the publican's wife Lyn Mullan who leaves her next door shop and takes us slightly out of the main town - pub, shop, servo, cop shop - to South camp.
It is not really an intrusion, more of an open town and Lyn loves to chat about the "Elliott Express".
Elliot Express

Neady's review, with another preseason he should be all guns blazing in 2014.

110231-6f4023c2-1494-11e3-b6c0-49e0e4b36986.jpg

Source

FOLLOWERS of Port Adelaide's forward stocks would have wondered what the future might have in store for small forward and NAB AFL Rising Star nominee Jake Neade at the end of the 2013 season.

The 19-year-old arrived at Port with few expectations as a slight of frame youngster with a little experience in the cut and thrust of elite under 18 football.

While he had played competitively in the Northern Territory Under-18 team in the 2012 national championships, it was only in the competition's second division against other small football states like Tasmania, Queensland and NSW/ACT - sides that pale in comparison to the talent laden teams from the big traditional footy sides of Victoria, South and Western Australia.

But many would recall his burst onto the scene early in the 2013 campaign - the first hitout of the year no less in February, when Port played an internal trial between its AFL and SANFL sides
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2013-11-08/state-of-the-list-jake-neade
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2013-11-08/state-of-the-list-jake-neade
More

He basically went from not being able to do a thing wrong at the start of the year, to not being able to do a thing right at the end of the year.

I still have confidence though that he'll get his consistency up, when he gets his fitness up after 2 or 3 more pre-seasons,

He basically went from not being able to do a thing wrong at the start of the year, to not being able to do a thing right at the end of the year.

I still have confidence though that he'll get his consistency up, when he gets his fitness up after 2 or 3 more pre-seasons,

16 games for someone who we all assumed wouldn't play 1. In comparison, if Jake Neade gets picked in the same team for round 1 as Polec, they will both be playing their 17th career game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind investing game time in Neade ....
Yeah his form in the first 1/3 of 2013 (and the pre-season) was spectacular. I just watched R1 again and Neade was 62 kg of merciless pressure and precision passing.
.... He is a major investment ....
I don't know about that, might be a shooting star rather than a comet. Has to play well for a prolonged series of games. Hinkley gave him a few unwarranted games this year but I would not expect that to happen next year. Right now he is still a fringe player with a contract that expires at the end of 2014.
.... will hopefully prove to be the best small forward we have had in our AFL history.
I call hyperbole. Actually I need a word stronger than that. He kicked 11 goals in 2013, with a match-high total of 2 achieved several times. What he did do was set up about as many for others (in my mind it was always Chad Wingard!) so he was more a rover in the old parlance. A long, long way to go to challenge Brad Ebert, Peter Burgoyne, Che Cockatoo-Collins and no doubt quite a few more who played the small forward role for us since 2007.

A guy named Wanganeen was pretty handy as a small forward too.
Yeah thought of Wangers but it was hard to classify him, even for one game, as a forward. Choco acknowledged more than once that Gav went where he wanted to. IMO the final quarter of the 2004 GF would be the longest sustained period up forward I can remember for Gav, and that's just because that's where the ball was going.

Yeah thought of Wangers but it was hard to classify him, even for one game, as a forward. Choco acknowledged more than once that Gav went where he wanted to. IMO the final quarter of the 2004 GF would be the longest sustained period up forward I can remember for Gav, and that's just because that's where the ball was going.

He was pretty good wherever he went. He was a small forward in his debut season in 1990 for Port and kicked two memorable goals in the grand final.

He was pretty good wherever he went. He was a small forward in his debut season in 1990 for Port and kicked two memorable goals in the grand final.

I will never forget the words that Choco used to describe Wangers at his retirement presser in 2006.

The fact is that not too many people can be outstanding in three areas on the ground. He’s an outstanding defender, he’s a brilliant midfielder and he’s a wonderful goal kicker.

I remember thinking at the time, who else fits that bill that I have seen play the game. The only person I could think of was Peter Motley's career at Sturt and I reckon he would of achieved that at Carlton if he didn't have his car accident.

Jake doesn't remind me of Wangers apart from being light framed and neither does Chad. But it is hard to argue with Wangers when he says Chad reminds him of the way he used to play.

A long, long way to go to challenge Brad Ebert, Peter Burgoyne, Che Cockatoo-Collins and no doubt quite a few more who played the small forward role for us since 2007.

I guess I never rated any of our small forwards.

I would have thought Mahoney (for a year) and Motlop would have out ranked those above as a non KPP forward.

In regards to small forwards, wangas was our best but I think of him a defender or utility rather than a forward.

I will never forget the words that Choco used to describe Wangers at his retirement presser in 2006.

The fact is that not too many people can be outstanding in three areas on the ground. He’s an outstanding defender, he’s a brilliant midfielder and he’s a wonderful goal kicker.

I remember thinking at the time, who else fits that bill that I have seen play the game. The only person I could think of was Peter Motley's career at Sturt and I reckon he would of achieved that at Carlton if he didn't have his car accident.

Jake doesn't remind me of Wangers apart from being light framed and neither does Chad. But it is hard to argue with Wangers when he says Chad reminds him of the way he used to play.

I see Wangas in Chad. Not so much in Neadey though. Chad could play as a defender if needed but why waste him there. His elusiveness, reading of the play and general X factor all bring to mind Gav more than any player we have had before or since. The kid could be anything.

I would have thought Mahoney (for a year) and Motlop would have out ranked those above as a non KPP forward.

In regards to small forwards, wangas was our best but I think of him a defender or utility rather than a forward.

Motlop played like a lead up forward, much like Brett Ebert did. I wouldn't categorise them as true small forwards.

I would have thought Mahoney (for a year) ......
Loved Mahoney. The exemplar of a defensive forward, just before that became the latest fad. Worked bloody hard to keep the ball in the forward line once it got there and was worth 1-2 goals a game that we would not have had without him. Was a bit of a sacrificial goat/decoy in the 2004 GF, Brisbane worked hard to double-team or push him wide and another of our players would end up with the pass and the shot on goal. My daughter presented him his 2004 guernsey down at the Family Day. Absolute Moneyball pickup. Slightly back on topic nothing like Neade.

Still very early for Jake. Love what he has shown so far, but he has strength and consistency issues to focus on over the next few years. Hes got the ticker, smarts and skills. Not expecting the world from him dext year, just put on some kilos without getting injuries, and can play and work his bum off at whatever level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back