News Jake Pasini signs with Swan Districts

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for the intrusion.

How’s Jake doing after his injury last year? Doing well in the SANFL? Chance of a debut at some stage?

Would love for him to make it.
Physically, he could take a 3rd tall defenders spot at some point. But his form needs to improve first.

Physically, he could take a 3rd tall defenders spot at some point. But his form needs to improve first
Given absolutely everyone plays like s**t for the Maggies, how relevant is form in the 2's anymore? I mean someone has to get called up. Pasini looked good in the preseason. Give him a run at AFL level I say. It would be absolutely impossible to be worse than Jonas.

Sorry for the intrusion.

How’s Jake doing after his injury last year? Doing well in the SANFL? Chance of a debut at some stage?

Would love for him to make it.
I've only seen him live once in a real (SANFL) game. I arrived early for the recent Showdown and Port Magpies v Crows reserves had just started the second half of a curtain-raiser game. Port Magpies were being smashed and continued to be to the end. Pasini's effort, energy, etc was poor but it's hard for anyone to put their body on the line during a hammering like that.

So who's keeping a close eye on this guy? Is he ready to debut?

Would rather focus on what he can bring than keep talking about those that are past it.

So who's keeping a close eye on this guy? Is he ready to debut?

Would rather focus on what he can bring than keep talking about those that are past it.
I was at the Westies game @ Alberton a few weeks back and an ammo grade Westies forward just had his way with Jake. Very disappointed with his effort however subsequent games our Magpies’s posters have indicated some improvement with Jake’s contribution, with even McCallum starting to find his feet in the Port and SANFL set up. Marshall appears to be still work in progress but that is why he was drafted in the first place.

Jake was close to being AFL ready when he did his ACL in May last year IMO. The small amount I have seen him play this year, suggests he hasn't got back to that standard yet.

I didn't see any of yesterday's game.

Ideally he wouldn’t be selected based on his form. He’s gradually improving but not yet the confident and assertive player he was before his ACL. He wouldn’t be worse than Jonas who barely had a positive involvement yesterday. But he wouldn’t be great against Collingwood either.

Having said all that, I don’t think we’ve got a choice this week. Someone other than Jonas has to play to help cover McStay and Mihocek and provide some backbone to our backline. Otherwise the mid sized defenders fall to pieces.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The situation would not be as bad if Burton and Bergmann were in some sort of form but Burton is out of the side and Bergmann is lucky not to be joining him. Pasini isn't setting the SANFL alight and it is a huge contract for a player in his first game but he could not be any worse than Jonas.

I would settle for Aliir, Burton, Williams, Bergmann, Houston, Farrell and Pasini rotating in the back half if the experienced players all did their bit.

Richardson on why Pasini was delisted with 1 year on his contract.

"All of those decisions are made by the list management team, and our list management team do a fantastic job."

My only surprise here is that Richardson actually knew Pasini was delisted. Then again he could have just been bluffing.

There are no words in the response to suggest he knew who he was talking about.

Like when you meet a former work colleague and ask non-committal questions until you can remember who they are. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back