Recommitted Jake Riccardi [re-signed for two years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless he can play as the central FF target, I don't think we'd be interested. We've got Jones playing well as the 2nd/3rd tall, with Eyre, Baldwin and maybe Reid as potentials. After taking 8 talls over the last 2 draft/trade period, I think we'll focus on smalls. We do need a Hooker replacement, but that could come from those I listed, and Riccardi doesn't sound like that's his gig.
Whod you list
I listed options as Baldwin, Reid and Eyre to take Hooker's spot. Since then, McBride spent some time up forward in the VFL and did alright. No guarantee any of them will make it as forwards, but a bit early to be spending trade currency bringing in someone else. See if the kids we drafted workout first, they're all from either the 2019 or 2020 drafts.

Would be keen to get him if we move on Gunston. Wouldn't pay overs but definitely has talent and potential.

According to AFL.com.au he is weighing up his future, which almost is a sure fire sign that he Is leaving.

Pies, North, Hawks and Bombers would all be somewhat keen I think.
At a pinch, a third round pick should be enough.

According to AFL.com.au he is weighing up his future, which almost is a sure fire sign that he Is leaving.

Pies, North, Hawks and Bombers would all be somewhat keen I think.
At a pinch, a third round pick should be enough.
I'd hope we'd go nowhere near him, although rumours say differently. We've got several young talls from the 2019 & 2020 draft, we should be giving them a go first. Especially as the major hole we have is "beast FF", which isn't Riccardi's go at all.

Would be keen to get him if we move on Gunston. Wouldn't pay overs but definitely has talent and potential.
Is he definitively better than Kosi and Lewis, or even Jeka and Callow? Player comparisons on AFL.com suggest not for the first two, considering they’re all developing types.

I don’t see us adding another tall forward unless we think they are a certainty to lead the pack above and an A grader just waiting to happen.

Fair few clubs will take a crack at him. Probably North or Bombers are good fits. Fremantle might be a good fit as well if Lobb leaves.

Is he definitively better than Kosi and Lewis, or even Jeka and Callow? Player comparisons on AFL.com suggest not for the first two, considering they’re all developing types.

I don’t see us adding another tall forward unless we think they are a certainty to lead the pack above and an A grader just waiting to happen.

Only if Gunston and TOB leave Hawthorn come seasons end.

Another young tall with upside.

We don't gain enough next season if McEvoy is playing forward every week because Jeka and Callow haven't come on as hoped. In saying that, of course I hope they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems reasonable. How did he go when played as a key back?

He was ok, but if I remember rightly we were playing the bottom rung vfl side when he did so…..

His attack is great but the question marks are over his defensive pressure.

Edit. Considering our key defensive injury woes if he was any good we would of brought him up I think.

The thing with key forward is that you can't have too many, it's the direct opposite of midfielders where you can never have enough.

He needs to go to a club that has no established key forward atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back