Recommitted Jake Riccardi [re-signed for two years]

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
He'd be perfect for us from 2022 and a replacement for Riewoldt.

Would be keen but there'd likely be a number of bidders for his service. We probably couldn't offer him as much salary as other clubs so our biggest sell would be the club's recent success and position.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
The Victorian KPF is out of contract will be coming off his initial draft based contract of 80k or so this will be getting a substantial pay rise you’d expect he would get around the average wage next of 400k so a nice jump that the giants will have to make space for If he stays

also interesting to see how they manage himmelberg, finlayson, hogan and Riccardi

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him come home

The bolded are not much chop so shouldn't be an issue.

AjsGuns

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea.
Pies, Bulldogs, Richmond... Plenty of teams he would be a great fit for.

Will be interesting to see where he lands if he moves.

Doubt it, Bruce is contracted until the end of 2023. Then we have Naughton and JUH.

I do rate Riccardi though, think he will make it as a top 5 KPF.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Essendon were heavily invested in Riccardi prior to his drafting.

Knowing dodoro, he’d still be in contact with Jake ad with a sniff of interest of leaving, we’d be silly not to throw our hat into the ring either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So heavily invested you took Harrison Jones and Nick Bryan ahead of him. I’m sure Riccardi will love Dodoro remaining in contact.

Collingwood should be all over him if he wants to come back to Victoria
I still can’t believe we gifted him to GWS instead of drafting him in 2019...

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
So heavily invested you took Harrison Jones and Nick Bryan ahead of him. I’m sure Riccardi will love Dodoro remaining in contact.

Shock horror, Carlton supporter taking pot shot at Essendon. Grow up

We took a young key forward and a developing ruck. Nothing to do with Jake. We had interviewed him several times during the year, whilst the Pies appeared front runners we had hoped Riccardi would fall till later in the draft which didn’t eventuate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shock horror, Carlton supporter taking pot shot at Essendon. Grow up

You're responding to a Dogs supporter.

Might want to get that Carlton obsession checked out mate. It's getting a bit sad now.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I still can’t believe we gifted him to GWS instead of drafting him in 2019...
I think everyone was shocked when you guys didn't end up taking him. It seemed a foregone conclusion he'd be at the Pies as it was such a perfect fit

Extremely surprising

Pies had met with Riccardi -5 times during the year and were the club most interested and likely to draft him combined with the glaring need for a KPF the Riccardi family were just as shocked as anybody that the pies selected not to take him.

I posted on the draft board at the time how into riccardi the pies were

Extremely surprising

Pies had met with Riccardi -5 times during the year and were the club most interested and likely to draft him combined with the glaring need for a KPF the Riccardi family were just as shocked as anybody that the pies selected not to take him.

I posted on the draft board at the time how into riccardi the pies were
It was an event which I believe changed the drafting philosophy at the club. Hine has always said from day 1 that he will draft the best player available (in his opinion) regardless of needs. As a result he passed over Riccardi and drafted Ruscoe, but after seeing how Riccardi performed when he got his shot and how desperately we were crying out for exactly a player like him, last year the club drafted for needs as soon as the top 30 was done and immediately picked McMahon as a KPF prospect (who is really looking promising, knock on wood).

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I think you could do a lot better than Himmelberg for that role.

In any event, you have Lynch, and Martin will spend the end of his career as a forward target.

Not sure who the tigers could get better than HH ?

Richmond have lynch and martin but the idea would be to add Riccardi or Himmelberg - to replace Riewoldt eventually.

I like the sounds of a couple of the talls in the next draft. But they probably don't fit the tigers timeline

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Not sure who the tigers could get better than HH ?

Richmond have lynch and martin but the idea would be to add Riccardi or Himmelberg - to replace Riewoldt eventually.

I like the sounds of a couple of the talls in the next draft. But they probably don't fit the tigers timeline
Himmelberg is the player i think suits the Richmond game and would also go after his brother from the crows
these 2 players would resolve our future KPF issue's post Jack & Astbury

fingers crossed

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Himmelberg is the player i think suits the Richmond game and would also go after his brother from the crows
these 2 players would resolve our future KPF issue's post Jack & Astbury

fingers crossed

Iirc Hardwick read out HH name at draft night. Gws matched and tigers then went daniel Rioli.

So richmond were high on HH. They probably still interested in getting him to tigerland (?)

Iirc Hardwick read out HH name at draft night. Gws matched and tigers then went daniel Rioli.

So richmond were high on HH. They probably still interested in getting him to tigerland (?)

Rioli was picked before Himmelberg.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Rioli was picked before Himmelberg.

Good point. No idea what I was thinking of.

Edit. I watched it again. I guess I was thinking of Cameron reading HH the following pick. Matching the crows bid.

The prior richmond pick the tv and commentators say richmond bid on a academy player. Then retract it

Last edited:
Back