Player Watch Jake Soligo - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Just admit you made another bad call and move on, like I've admitted to my incorrect calls in the past (or are you really a KAREN lol). FYI, you are not important for me to troll lol.
Yeah shame on him for not blindly assuming all the clubs decisions are correct. We've certainly been a juggernaut on the field and a beacon of good governance in recent years.

Yeah shame on him for not blindly assuming all the clubs decisions are correct. We've certainly been a juggernaut on the field and a beacon of good governance in recent years.
Yeah 2 games in from a youngster and he sh*t on the club again (only he made that comment about the re-signing and no one else did) and then doesn't admit he got it wrong because he is a KAREN.

Just admit you made another bad call and move on, like I've admitted to my incorrect calls in the past (or are you really a KAREN lol).

FYI, you are not important for me to troll lol.
Find a post of mine that called him a spud and we should never see him again.

As for not being important to you 🤣🤣🤣

That’s why you keep tagging me and tried to come up with a funny comeback in the look alike thread, only thing it was another lame attempt.

Yeah 2 games in from a youngster and he sh*t on the club again and then doesn't admit he got it wrong because he is a KAREN.
Soligo was signed up before his first two games so the club really only had training form and match sims to go on. I think you should accept the club was taking a punt and fortunately for all of us they look like geniuses this time around.

The early extension doesn't always work out well. McPherson's first contract turned out to be a bit of a fizzer. We then repeated the mistake too.

Soligo was signed up before his first two games so the club really only had training form and match sims to go on. I think you should accept the club was taking a punt and fortunately for all of us they look like geniuses this time around.

The early extension doesn't always work out well. McPherson's first contract turned out to be a bit of a fizzer. We then repeated the mistake too.
He’s making s**t up because he’s a bad troll, I never shat on the club for giving him an extension. Just like I didn’t call him him a spud and say he should never be seen from again.

Now he’s calling me Karen in a lame attempt to be clever. Given he’s wrong, let’s see if he owns up to it or Karen is an own goal. I do like the sound of Karen ABAB, has a good ring to it.

He’s making s**t up because he’s a bad troll, I never shat on the club for giving him an extension. Just like I didn’t call him him a spud and say he should never be seen from again.

Now he’s calling me Karen in a lame attempt to be clever. Given he’s wrong, let’s see if he owns up to it or Karen is an own goal. I do like the sound of Karen ABAB, has a good ring to it.
I had some concerns that training form only, in a side that isn't very good, might not be the best litmus test. Jake really put those doubts to bed though. Looked comfortable at the level when he returned.

And? So it was a very good call by the club as they also re-signed Rachele as well. Just give them credit they made the right call, just like you sh*t on the club when they made bad call.

I had some concerns that training form only, in a side that isn't very good, might not be the best litmus test. Jake really put those doubts to bed though. Looked comfortable at the level when he returned.
Where Karen ABAB is getting confused is I was critical of his jumping ahead of players like Berry and Pedlar because his preseason games were just ok.

He played round one and was poor, he was one of a few poor selection calls and we lost by 1 point. Then we made him sub against Collingwood and he had no impact and for a second game player coming off a poor first game, making him sub was dumb and I was right again, he had no impact and was dropped.

I said he needed sanfl games and Berry should play and I was right.

I then said he wasn’t a winger but he did play some good footy. My main beef was he looked like an inside mid and we should play him there. Others argued. Well that’s where he ended up playing some footy and played well.

I will admit that I had no idea he would be this good after his early games but as the season went on, it’s clear he will be a gun and I repeated it a number of times. He is up there as one of our most promising youngsters.

And? Very good call as they also re-signed Rachele as well. Just give them credit they made the right call, just like you sh*t on the club when they made bad call.
Rachele is not really a like for like as he was an early first round pick and those are supposed to be less speculative. Early first rounders are just generally given more leeway. Given where he was drafted and our lack of quality small forwards, Josh getting extended early wasn't a surprise to me. Soligo, a small-ish sized mid taken late in the second round, yeah that surprised me.

Where Karen ABAB is getting confused is I was critical of his jumping ahead of players like Berry and Pedlar because his preseason games were just ok.

He played round one and was poor, he was one of a few poor selection calls and we lost by 1 point. Then we made him sub against Collingwood and he had no impact and for a second game player coming off a poor first game, making him sub was dumb and I was right again, he had no impact and was dropped.

I said he needed sanfl games and Berry should play and I was right.

I then said he wasn’t a winger but he did play some good footy. My main beef was he looked like an inside mid and we should play him there. Others argued. Well that’s where he ended up playing some footy and played well.

I will admit that I had no idea he would be this good after his early games but as the season went on, it’s clear he will be a gun and I repeated it a number of times. He is up there as one of our most promising youngsters.
Berry being out of the side for the first 4 rounds was stupid. I don't recall him being injured at the time.

Soligo is a bargain. He's looking better than all our recent first rounders. Hamish has the ability to pick up hidden gems, I just wish he'd stop missing the layups.

Rachele is not really a like for like as he was an early first round pick and those are supposed to be less speculative. Early first rounders are just generally given more leeway. Given where he was drafted and our lack of quality small forwards, Josh getting extended early wasn't a surprise to me. Soligo, a small-ish sized mid taken late in the second round, yeah that surprised me.
So well done to the club, see it's not that hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw his first AFL game highlights:

Disposals were low but what was there was pretty much all class.

Also, had Keays kicked it half a meter longer with our last kick, we could have won it! Would have been an instant archival classic!

4E8EBBAA-1EB7-472F-950D-73E46C90FFA2.jpeg
Jake mentioned the knowledge and skills he gained at Rowville Sports Academy under Darren Bewick. He also mentioned Laird and looking forward to time in the midfield.

Also, had Keays kicked it half a meter longer with our last kick, we could have won it! Would have been an instant archival classic!

Sliding doors.

Keays kick an extra metre in round 1 and if he lowers his eyes in the final 30 seconds against Essendon - very real chance we would have been 5-1. Who knows what happens then.

Someone asked for this from WC trial game

crows-v-wc-20230303-preseason-gif.1620890

crows-v-wc-20230303-preseason-b-gif.1622351

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back