Jake stringer - do not want!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I haven't heard of a warrant for his arrest....
And if being a dickhead was illegal, I could well have been arrested into my 30's.
The only mistake he made was to cheat on his partner. It's not a crime, It's a mistake. A mistake that I'm guessing people in here have made.

He's still only young. Yes he has issues but they're curable. Throwing him onto the scrapheap and leaving him to rot isn't going to help the situation.

Trade him into the club get him some help and offer him some support. He's a prodigious talent who could shine in the right environment. I'd back our club in to get his head right ... they did with a couple of our premiership stars.

It's not as if he's raped, maimed or bashed anyone to death.

What's the saying I'm looking for....... "pics or it didn't happen"?
I could post a pic but I'll refrain in case she's an active poster on this site. :p

The only mistake he made was to cheat on his partner. It's not a crime, It's a mistake. A mistake that I'm guessing people in here have made.

He's still only young. Yes he has issues but they're curable. Throwing him onto the scrapheap and leaving him to rot isn't going to help the situation.

Trade him into the club get him some help and offer him some support. He's a prodigious talent who could shine in the right environment. I'd back our club in to get his head right ... they did with a couple of our premiership stars.

It's not as if he's raped, maimed or bashed anyone to death.

Yeah he's not from St Ki...

Good on ya mate getting a 17yo, yeah get in there!!!!

/srsly tho, I kinda never get the whole attraction with younger people- usually females. I was ugly af as a teenager myself. I'm much nicer these days :)

A lot of high horsers also probably mistake their morals for lack of opportunity. We are all members of BigFooty after all.

These are probably ordinary blokes, egos massaged to the hilt, with attractive girls throwing themselves at their feet. Yes I'm sure there are a good amount of upstanding citizens within the industry, but plenty susceptible to temptation.

Stringer's story gives an obvious vibe of an addictive personality. In no way condoning his behaviour, but he clearly has a problem. In some ways that makes him a high risk proposition, but potentially high reward as well. The club seem to be going all in for a premiership tilt either way in the next couple of years, so it wouldn't be outrageous if they took the gamble.

Yeah he's not from St Ki...

Good on ya mate getting a 17yo, yeah get in there!!!!

/srsly tho, I kinda never get the whole attraction with younger people- usually females. I was ugly af as a teenager myself. I'm much nicer these days :)
They're footballers. Ego's and testosterone. They're idolised and have young women hanging off them wherever they go. Some simply can't control themselves. He'll learn with a bit of help and guidance. He needs support ... not what's doing the rounds here and on social media ... that certainly won't help him.

He made mistakes, we've all made them.

They're footballers. Ego's and testosterone. They're idolised and have young women hanging off them wherever they go. Some simply can't control themselves. He'll learn with a bit of help and guidance. He needs support ... not what's doing the rounds here and on social media ... that certainly won't help him.

He made mistakes, we've all made them.

I'm not talking re. footballers- more in a general sense.

I'm not condemning or endorsing his behaviour on the basis of tabloid journalism.

But let's not pretend character is irrelevant. Anyone who has been a part of a sporting club knows there's much more to it than the contest that occurs on Saturday afternoon. Players spend a lot of time together so character does matter.

On what we know I can't say one way or another whether Stringer's character is satisfactory. Let the club do its due diligence and back them to make the right call.

I'm not condemning or endorsing his behaviour on the basis of tabloid journalism.

But let's not pretend character is irrelevant. Anyone who has been a part of a sporting club knows there's much more to it than the contest that occurs on Saturday afternoon. Players spend a lot of time together so character does matter.

On what we know I can't say one way or another whether Stringer's character is satisfactory. Let the club do it's due diligence and back them to make the right call.

Yes. Like how they deal with tribunal matters. And getting anally raped re. home finals.

/jks. I agree with u

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, something about the closeness of this particular relationship doesn't add up.

394c00e43ab29691d1b1b7cf296f1f15.jpg

Having him in the birthing suite is a whole lot of oddness

Unless you had plastic surgery Im, going to call bull dust on this one. (I think you're pretty Shell, and can't imagine you've changed that much).

:$ gee thank ya.

But fwiw- yeah wasnt the best, over bite teeth, braces, hair was bad at 17 too, I straighten it now.

Yep, something about the closeness of this particular relationship doesn't add up.

394c00e43ab29691d1b1b7cf296f1f15.jpg
You know who I know at the Doggies.
JJ is not the only one.....

She's all class airing their dirty laundry, with her own washing basket being so grubby

The less oxygen she's given, the better

Last edited:
Well when those who say this behaviour should result in him being rejected by our club, they must be making a moral stand because it isn't a football one.

I don't promote his deceptive behaviour and i would not behave like him, personally.

But my nickname isn't "The Package".

All I am saying is, if I were in his shoes, I would probably act the same and take advantage of circumstances in front of me.
I am making a moral stand on stringers actions but a lot of posters were saying "we all do that" shell was saying he did not. Didnt say he was better for it.
I think his actions should be considered when looking at him as a player. Every single AFL player may be doing the same but I don't believe that. I know some would and I know some Geelong players would but I do think going behind your partners back whilst pregnant is gutless, it reflects an inability to be disciplined and he hasn't been playing good football for two years. So at the moment we have a talented player, who isn't playing good football, has a huge ego which appears to be getting in the way, I'm sorry but that makes me pretty questioning of whether its worthwhile bringing him in to the team.

:$ gee thank ya.

But fwiw- yeah wasnt the best, over bite teeth, braces, hair was bad at 17 too, I straighten it now.
I had long, one length hair from 19 - 23. It didn't suit but, gee I wanted to be Jerry Cantrell. I got into a stable relationship once I cut it off. At least my kids get a good laugh looking at old photos of me.

Ninja edit: I've made some mistakes in my time. Bad haircuts are one of them. I'm just trying to get my posts back on topic before Daz moves them. It was the 90's, I could have done better with my haircuts. To borrow a phrase, "I think we all could of done better".

Last edited:
You know who I know at the Doggies.
JJ is not the only one.....

She's all class airing their dirty laundry, when her own washing basket it pretty grubby

The less oxygen she's given, the better

Mate did the s**t re. Anthony Stevens come out, during the whole Wayne Carey saga. He was no angel either.

But it is. Girls will do anything for a guy. Some girls.

A conversation came up with the guys: "is it okay to ejaculate on a girls face without asking her first". All of them were like yup, sure no problems.

Srsly.

Yep, it's all based on a Scandinavian programme delivered by a very forward thinking psychologist. She had some interesting thoughts; but I think it was an exceptional programme.

I remember that discussion you mentioned and the normalisation of girls bodies, where all the girls and boys in the group expected the girls to be waxed.

It worked with the group I thought and more so where it needed to; with the boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back