Traded Jake Stringer [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

As we've said all along, we were looking at other options once we have the Stringer trade finalized.
We were into Schache, now we've been negotiating with WCE for picks.
Mate you said this
We're getting picks we'll actually use as opposed to picks we won't
This is the part I'm talking about. You wouldn't have used 11 or the 3rd?

Devon Smith was worth more than pick 55 if you do the calcs, but we got him. We got him.
That's great but this is a thread about Jake Stringer.

I know Essendon fans more than most think BF is for tit for tat shitfights, but some of us are here for actual discussion.

That's great but this is a thread about Jake Stringer.

I know Essendon fans more than most think BF is for tit for tat shitfights, but some of us are here for actual discussion.
It's all relative and part of the overall trading landscape. Open your eyes, they're blinkered at the moment.

Mate you said this

This is the part I'm talking about. You wouldn't have used 11 or the 3rd?
Possibly - but given the negotiations with third parties was in it's early stages it's doubtful we would have secured the mooted pick swap with WCE for example, and if we have completed the Schache trade a second round pick may have been part of the preliminary discussions (noting pre-trade week Schache's value was floated as being two first rounders).

If you want to admit the truth - yes, Dodoro is hard to deal with so we had to navigate those waters too. Essendon fans have been gloating about how difficult he is after spending the first 100 pages or so trying to pretend he isn't.

So you'd have possibly used them? Weird that you declared this trades better for you because you're getting picks you'll use then.

Like the ones we did with GWS and the Suns?
Melbourne also love us
TBH I have doubts of Smith - reports he failed the medical at Carlton and GWS were very generous to get rid of him after playing hardball with many other players.
Like Lids last year it's a buyer beware situation IMO.

Saad is a quality rebounder, I don't buy into the "he's a poor defender" talk because GCS defenders were constantly exposed last year and under a better system it won't be nearly as bad. Classic case of a player who p lays much better in a better team.

So you'd have possibly used them? Weird that you declared this trades better for you because you're getting picks you'll use then.
I know you're trying to petty point score on semantics, but a 16 pick upgrade and a pick we won't use and you expect us to jump at it?
I don't think you understand that two parties have to agree to a deal for it to be even remotely fair.

Then why'd you bring up GWS?
Enjoy trying to engage in petty shitfights, I'd rather chat to mature posters here for a trade discussion. Thanks.

a pick we won't use
So it's back to definitely wouldn't use it? Cool :)
Enjoy trying to engage in petty shitfights, I'd rather chat to mature posters here for a trade discussion. Thanks.
Huh? Mate I'm just wondering why you bought GWS into it if you're then going to be upset someone else does the same thing. But you seem upset so I'll stop asking. Have a lovely day Mofra :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as the 'mature' chat reinforces the dogma about Dodoro and doesn't criticise the strategy or behaviour of the Bulldogs, yeah?

As long as the 'mature' chat reinforces the dogma about Dodoro and doesn't criticise the strategy or behaviour of the Bulldogs, yeah?
^ Thank you for reinforcing my point

FWIW There have been a number of Essendon supporters willing to chat about the deal in an adult way. Unfortunately not on recent pages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back