Traded Jake Stringer [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to North's 1.0million p/year offer to appear.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have a look but no more than anybody else. Well, maybe a little more.

Contracted or not?
Still in contract and not a free agent for a few years. With us probably picturing ourselves as competing next year it'll take a big offer trade wise to pry him loose. I'd imagine North, St Kilda and Richmond would all be keen. Not sure Richmond would have the necessary cash though, as he went straight to decent money with us after his rookie contract

Still in contract and not a free agent for a few years. With us probably picturing ourselves as competing next year it'll take a big offer trade wise to pry him loose. I'd imagine North, St Kilda and Richmond would all be keen. Not sure Richmond would have the necessary cash though, as he went straight to decent money with us after his rookie contract

If he goes and if as I suspect Jake will follow the money (already has a flag) then North and Carlton seem likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AA that went pick 5? No chance.
He went pick 5 in 2012. Why is that relevant?

Jimmy Toumpas went #4 that year. What's he worth in a trade?

The reality is that Stringer sucked last season. As I said, if he is determined to leave, I doubt you'll get a bumper offer. The Bulldogs should enforce his contract.

He went pick 5 in 2012. Why is that relevant?

Jimmy Toumpas went #4 that year. What's he worth in a trade?

The reality is that Stringer sucked last season. As I said, if he is determined to leave, I doubt you'll get a bumper offer.

He kicked 19 goals in his first 8 games of the year. Then did his hammy twice and his knee once. Hardly sucked. More like, was on his 2015 AA pace and then his body went to s**t.

He kicked 19 goals in his first 8 games of the year. Then did his hammy twice and his knee once. Hardly sucked. More like, was on his 2015 AA pace and then his body went to s**t.
That seems generous. But maybe you're right.

Nonetheless, the Bulldogs should enforce his contract in the knowledge that his trade value dipped.

I knew this was going to come up, I heard he was very close to jumping ship last year which surprised me when I heard about it but half way through the season it started to make sense. No matter how poor his season panned out, he should net the Doggies a top 8 pick imo. Talented.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back