Autopsy Jake Stringer - which stage of grief are you currently in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the looks of it he popped into the MGM Grand whilst there and loved it so much he got the logo inked onto his stomach.

Of all the bad decisions Jake's made recently, we somehow missed the worst of the lot:
DNGS480VAAAbKnU.jpg

:eek:
Looks ripped and set for lots of midfield gametime... LOL.

If the bulldogs win a few more premierships and Essendon none in the next few years then I don't think that anyone will care.

The "what is a dickhead" Thread smells a bit of posters seeking validation on behalf of the football club for one of the dumbest and poorly executed player management decisions in recent memory.

The same cool cucumber posters were more than happy to call others out last year saying that "Jake was never going to leave".

I'll continue to sit here and call a spade a spade. We had top tier talent, lost them for pennies on the dollar, and are probably going to be punished for it.

Bruins management did the same s**t after they won the cup. Thought they were too clever, and traded out Vegas boy Tyler seguin for pennies on the dollar. Now I get to watch him score 100s of pointless goals for the Dallas stars.

The "what is a dickhead" Thread smells a bit of posters seeking validation on behalf of the football club for one of the dumbest and poorly executed player management decisions in recent memory.

The same cool cucumber posters were more than happy to call others out last year saying that "Jake was never going to leave".

I'll continue to sit here and call a spade a spade. We had top tier talent, lost them for pennies on the dollar, and are probably going to be punished for it.

Bruins management did the same s**t after they won the cup. Thought they were too clever, and traded out Vegas boy Tyler seguin for pennies on the dollar. Now I get to watch him score 100s of pointless goals for the Dallas stars.

Holy Jebus. What other 'top tier talent' have we lost? Griffen? Ward?

I really don't give a **** about Stringer now, he's gone.

He behaved like a ****wit and he's paid the price. We move on.

I was more upset about Callan Ward, but he has two prelims and we have a flag.

You Legend. Keep calling a spade a spade. Nobody on here does that except you. Hero.

From the looks of it he popped into the MGM Grand whilst there and loved it so much he got the logo inked onto his stomach.

Of all the bad decisions Jake's made recently, we somehow missed the worst of the lot:
DNGS480VAAAbKnU.jpg

:eek:
Thought it was Chewbacca

Is "paying the price" moving to a club where he'll have far less defensive pressure on him, kicking more goals, and getting paid more to do so?

All the while no longer being connected to the biggest Instagram dooshqueen mrs of all time?

I wouldn't describe that as paying anything.

Is "paying the price" moving to a club where he'll have far less defensive pressure on him, kicking more goals, and getting paid more to do so?

All the while no longer being connected to the biggest Instagram dooshqueen mrs of all time?

I wouldn't describe that as paying anything.

You're missing my point. He's an Essendon player now, so I don't care. I really don't care.

The Pig Shooter was dead to me when he walked out and so is Stringer.

You're missing my point. He's an Essendon player now, so I don't care. I really don't care.

The Pig Shooter was dead to me when he walked out and so is Stringer.

That's fine. That's your perspective. I'm allowed to share mine.

Jake stringer most certainly did not walk out in the same manner as Griffen did though. He was forced out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My apologies I'll fall into line and feign bravado to make out it sound positive that we traded our best goalkicker for two second rounders.
Self proclaimed revolutionaries and truth tellers are usually the biggest bullshitters wherever you go, and whatever the time. Excuse my cynicism.

Self proclaimed revolutionaries and truth tellers are usually the biggest bullshitters wherever you go, and whatever the time. Excuse my cynicism.

You can be as cynical about my point of view as you like or call me a bullshit artist or whatever.

I have the right to be equally cynical about the choice to re-build or re-tool one of the youngest premiership teams of all time, 12 months after the fact.

I'm all ears for where the goals are going to come from.

Jake stringer most certainly did not walk out in the same manner as Griffen did though. He was forced out.
Agree with you that the club could have handled the situation better, and that there is a reasonable chance that we've more caused a self inflicted wound than removing the cancer.

Disagree with Stringer being forced out. He was called on questionable behaviour and work ethic. Instead of doing a Libba and swearing to get his act together, Stringer and "team" proceeded to throw a hissy fit (and as much s**t at our club as possible), completely poisoning the relationship (and no doubt driving away other suitors in the process) to get him to the promised land of more money for continued lazy performance, as you described. He's in exactly the same category as Griffen - when the going got tough, he ran away. To hell with the both of them. Hope Stringer gets his life together, but may his post-bulldog footy fall down the same hole as Cyclop's.

I'm all ears for where the goals are going to come from.

Well they wouldn't be coming from Stringer - he wasn't in the top 50 AFL goalkickers for 2017. Have a look at the spuds in the AFL that kicked more goals than Jake Stringer last year. It's not 2015 any more. Jake is bloody ordinary at the moment and, unless he really turns it around, is not worth $600k or more a year. He's moved on and so should we...so get over it.

Agree with you that the club could have handled the situation better, and that there is a reasonable chance that we've more caused a self inflicted wound than removing the cancer.

Disagree with Stringer being forced out. He was called on questionable behaviour and work ethic. Instead of doing a Libba and swearing to get his act together, Stringer and "team" proceeded to throw a hissy fit (and as much s**t at our club as possible), completely poisoning the relationship (and no doubt driving away other suitors in the process) to get him to the promised land of more money for continued lazy performance, as you described. He's in exactly the same category as Griffen - when the going got tough, he ran away. To hell with the both of them. Hope Stringer gets his life together, but may his post-bulldog footy fall down the same hole as Cyclop's.

I dunno I guess Stringer did some terrible things to warrant the rift. I also suspect a lot of the "Stringer is the son of Lucifer" stuff that I've read around here has been slightly overblown to justify the absolutely s**t return we got for him. The same people were right behind Jake 6 months ago.

Thank you for actually voicing why you disagree with me with a completely valid point instead of just having a personal dip at me.

Not fair. We would have to trade away every first round pick from Jake through to Lipinski to get on PC/Don Sweeney's level at Boston Frustrating times in bean town brother.

I know, but he's gone now. It was his behaviour that brought all this on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back