Traded Jake Stringer [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

A few Cat fans both getting ahead of and kidding themselves in this thread.

A-Stringer is talking to clubs over the next few weeks and is nowhere near making a decision. Listen to his presser to remove any doubt of this.

B - Stringer is a rare talent and far younger, fitter and superior to poor old Lids who fetched P14. Old m8 Lids nominated Geelong but Geelong low balled and missed out...

Stringer sitting out a season, reconciling with the Dogs or nominating another club are all far more likely scenarios than the Dogs giving him away for P20 and trash.
But its the consensus don't you know.
The BF and media consensus.
Pick 20 and "VFL player" will get it done according to consensus.

But its the consensus don't you know.
The BF and media consensus.
Pick 20 and "VFL player" will get it done according to consensus.

Lol - p20 and trash. Doubt a smart operator like Connors would think that gets it done. Cats are about as likely as EFC IMO. Ie bugger all chance.

Yet to hear why a so called lazy campaigner like Stringer would volunteer to travel hours from and to work to go and see his kids. Cat fans and media are way off base IMO.

If he goes, my money is on an inner city club like North, Carlton and Richmond.

Lol - p20 and trash. Doubt a smart operator like Connors would think that gets it done. Cats are about as likely as EFC IMO. Ie bugger all chance.

Yet to hear why a so called lazy campaigner like Stringer would volunteer to travel hours from and to work to go and see his kids. Cat fans and media are way off base IMO.

Why would Connors give a s**t what gets traded for Stringer?

A few Cat fans both getting ahead of and kidding themselves in this thread.

A-Stringer is talking to clubs over the next few weeks and is nowhere near making a decision. Listen to his presser to remove any doubt of this.

B - Stringer is a rare talent and far younger, fitter and superior to poor old Lids who fetched P14. Old m8 Lids nominated Geelong but Geelong low balled and missed out...

C- You have publicly branded him as damaged goods, and are virtually booting him out the door against his will.

Just heard Peter Gordon talking on radio 774. He is of the belief that Stringer will remain at the club in 2018. Thinks Jake will return to the club after realising the mistakes he's made in respect to his football, and that he will see sense and become the exceptional player he deserves to be. And Peter said that he has high hopes that it will be at the bulldogs.

My read on all that Peter said, is that the bulldogs will play hard in a Stringer trade. It will need to be an extraordinary offer for them to deal, otherwise, I'm of the opinion, if he doesn't return tho the club, hard lesson learnt, and his tail between his legs....Jake Stringer could likely find himself in the draft. Just my read on it!

C- You have publicly branded him as damaged goods, and are virtually booting him out the door against his will.

We can still boot him out and not trade him this year.

Nightmare scenario for Stringer.

Clubs are only going for Stringer because they think they can get the best out of an immature 23 yr old who happens to be supremely talented. lol p20

Maybe he doesn't want Stringer playing VFL next year.

I understand your club can do no wrong in your eyes, but they ****ed up by announcing it openly.

Stringer is 100% gone, the sooner you realise that the better you'll feel when you get unders for him.

I understand your club can do no wrong in your eyes, but they ****** up by announcing it openly.

Stringer is 100% gone, the sooner you realise that the better you'll feel when you get unders for him.
M8 the club hasn't handled it well but the situation isn't irretrievable

Check today's news with Gordon and Morris keeping the door open.

The question fans should be asking is:

For next year, is p20 in a s**t draft for a bloke unlikely to play any different to Stringer staying on the list but not playing.

For practical purposes it's no different.

People raise McCarthy. But the Dogs aren't knocking back two first rd picks and then gettin SFA the next year.

P20 means the Dogs are getting offered SFA now. Why take it?

One thing is certain. If Stringer is fragile, then there is no way Jake or his manager want him sitting at the local pub sinking beers for a year watching his potential salary and career prospects drop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

M8 the club hasn't handled it well but the situation isn't irretrievable

Check today's news with Gordon and Morris keeping the door open.

The question fans should be asking is:

For next year, is p20 in a s**t draft for a bloke unlikely to play any different to Stringer staying on the list but not playing.

For practical purposes it's no different.

People raise McCarthy. But the Dogs aren't knocking back two first rd picks and then gettin SFA the next year.

P20 means the Dogs are getting offered SFA now. Why take it?

One thing is certain. If Stringer is fragile, then there is no way Jake or his manager want him sitting at the local pub sinking beers for a year watching his potential salary and career prospects drop.
Right, so you think Bulldogs will continue to pay 600k and not actually play him because you think they will act as salty as you currently are?

Nothing is guaranteed, so on the off chance you do retain him he'll be playing seniors or at worst VFL. Unless Bevo is a 6yr old

Right, so you think Bulldogs will continue to pay 600k and not actually play him because you think they will act as salty as you currently are?

Nothing is guaranteed, so on the off chance you do retain him he'll be playing seniors or at worst VFL. Unless Bevo is a 6yr old

M8 it's a legitimate option to keep him and not play him. It's not salty or immature it's sound negotiating to let Stringer know how his life could unravel if he is a dick about things. Sure it's not ideal but it's far worse for Stringer than the club. And that is why the Dogs still have some hand.

Far simpler if Stringer leaves the door open to another club able to offer a fair deal like Carlisle did.

It's not that hard and Stringer clearly didn't give a s**t where he plays when interviewed on Monday anyway.

M8 it's a legitimate option to keep him and not play him. It's not salty or immature it's sound negotiating to let Stringer know how his life could unravel if he is a dick about things. Sure it's not ideal but it's far worse for Stringer than the club. And that is why the Dogs still have some hand.

Far simpler if Stringer leaves the door open to another club able to offer a fair deal like Carlisle did.

It's not that hard and Stringer clearly didn't give a s**t where he plays when interviewed on Monday anyway.
Right.

So the club comes out and tells the world Jake was having trouble in his personal life and is lazy and they want to trade him, but Jake is the one being a dick?

Super goggles you have brosef

Destroy a player's trade value, continue to pay him and not even play him? That option doesn't even make sense.

WTF

WHY DO YOU NOT GET THIS?

HE.HAS.TO.AGREE.TO.THE.TRADE

He will go WHERE HE NOMINATES.

It sucks. It really really sucks.

I think clubs need more power in these situations, but he will nominate and then you will deal. You have absolutely no leverage because there's FA chance he's going to stay because of the club hanging him out to dry.

Right.

So the club comes out and tells the world Jake was having trouble in his personal life and is lazy and they want to trade him, but Jake is the one being a dick?

Super goggles you have brosef
In one post you said "stringer is 100% gone". The next post you state " nothing is certain". Which one is it?

WTF

WHY DO YOU NOT GET THIS?

I think clubs need more power in these situations, but he will nominate and then you will deal. You have absolutely no leverage because there's FA chance he's going to stay because of the club hanging him out to dry.

Given he has a contract and the dogs can just not trade him I reckon he'd adjust his preferred destination if he really wants to play elsewhere in 2018

WTF

WHY DO YOU NOT GET THIS?

Exactly.

Dogs can say all they like that he's going to the highest bidder, but Stringer can just say no.

I can understand if he nominated a Melbourne based club, that there might be a "bidding war" of sorts given the proximity of other Melbourne clubs, much like if he went to an interstate club where 2 teams would vie for him. But if he nominates Geelong because he wants to go to a smaller market etc, can't see him agreeing to go to another club offering more in a trade. Not like the Dogs have spoken highly of him either, he probably feels like he owes them nothing at this point.

In one post you said "stringer is 100% gone". The next post you state " nothing is certain". Which one is it?
Nothing is certain. I'll admit to using hyperbole with the 100%. More 99.9%

Best case scenario is Jake is happy to go to multiple clubs but that rarely happens. Essendon got lucky with Carlisle but other than that I can't think of any in the past 10 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back