Traded Jake Stringer [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha.

What a crock. You guys were into Brett since July. You just blundered badly, just admit it.

They didn't want a 29 year old with his injury history. They want 23-26 year olds to fit with their strategy.

Except that until Stringer became available two weeks ago, their main strategy was still, as it was last year, trying to trade in a 33 year old that's missed 32 of 66 games in the last 3 years with injuries.

So much dribble.

True but conversely the threat makes sure the offer isn't terrible and that clubs aren't dicks to the Dogs.

An on song Stringer is a freak. And contracted is worth at least a Beams price ie top 5 pick and second rd and change.

The inherent risks with Stringer discount that value but not to p20. Even p11 in a s**t draft is way unders.

Just IMO.

Pick 11 will get you a good player.

Dayne Beams was one of the best mid in the comp when he left for Brisbane. Stringer was a top quality half forward two years ago.

M8 I didn't pick Beams out of my arse.

Like stringer he was AA under 22.

In his two years post AA Beams:

Like Stringer had one bad year post AA playing only 8 games. (Stringer's bad one was this year which like Beams' bad one was crueled by injury)

Like Stringer he had one decent year post AA. Stringer kicked 40 plus goals in a flag yr. plus 4 goals in a final.

Like Stringer, Beams had off field questions.

Unlike Stringer the Pies wanted to retain. Hence the discount on the Beams' price. However also unlike Stringer, Beams nominated a two team town. Making a Carlisle scenario improbable.

Stringer/Connors will nominate a club that will be able to get the deal done - that may well be the Cats. Connors does not make any calls on trades unless they can 100% get done. If Geelong tyre kick they won't be the nominated club.

Geelong don't tyre kick we always offer fair value in trades we decide to do so it doesn't matter anyway. But i disagree with you on the rest.

this is remarkable. I have never, ever seen a situation before where a club publicly put a player up for trade, then realise how badly they've ****ed up, then try so frantically to walk it back. Who does that? Sorry doggy fans but you must admit, this is one of the most inept, unprofessional trading scenarios that has ever gone on.

Anyway, he is contracted and owned by the Dogs. No Tribunal will change that*

*maybe if he was force fed illicit PEDs a tribunal may have grounds...

What an inordinately petty thing to say.

I get that you don't want Stringer to leave, I probably wouldn't either - but we wouldn't be discussing any of this if it wasn't for the very public statements made by your club, would we?

I would suggest the target of your frustration is quite obviously misplaced

No they don't. Stringer could say I want St Kilda. And we say, sure if they come up with our price.

But hey, if they don't how does North or Richmond sound?

No?

Well how does playing in the VFL twos sound?

Hmm, tell me more about the Tiges and North.

It really is that simple.
lol

Haha.

What a crock. You guys were into Brett since July. You just blundered badly, just admit it.

No he was into us not the other way around. Problem is his manager misread the situation badly.

If we wanted deledio that much we would have just swapped caddy and a pick for him which you would have done. Fact is we didn't want him which is why we didn't do the deal.

None of this has any bearing on what will happen with stringer anyway.

They didn't want a 29 year old with his injury history. They want 23-26 year olds to fit with their strategy.

Except that until Stringer became available two weeks ago, their main strategy was still, as it was last year, trying to trade in a 33 year old that's missed 32 of 66 games in the last 3 years with injuries.

So much dribble.

If by dribble you mean your logic fail then yes definitely.

M8 I didn't pick Beams out of my arse.

Like stringer he was AA under 22.

In his two years post AA Beams:

Like Stringer had one bad year post AA playing only 8 games. (Stringer's bad one was this year which like Beams' bad one was crueled by injury)

Like Stringer he had one decent year post AA. Stringer kicked 40 plus goals in a flag yr. plus 4 goals in a final.

Like Stringer, Beams had off field questions.

Unlike Stringer the Pies wanted to retain. Hence the discount on the Beams' price. However also unlike Stringer, Beams nominated a two team town. Making a Carlisle scenario improbable.

What off field question Beams had?

Micth Wallis, Robert Murphy and Stringer himself admitted he had application issues and didn't apply himself 100% to the course, injury is only part of his issues.

Dayne Beams at no stage was questioned about his committment to Collingwood when he was there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What off field question Beams had?

Micth Wallis, Robert Murphy and Stringer himself admitted he had application issues and didn't apply himself 100% to the course, injury is only part of his issues.

Dayne Beams at no stage was questioned about his committment to Collingwood when he was there.

Rat pack member (like Stringer).

Named in a sex offence case allegedly IIRC (unlike Stringer)

“It’s way too early for that,” the 23-year-old told AFL Trade Radio while sitting next to the Bombers’ list manager Adrian Dodoro.

“There’s still a lot of water to go under the bridge between now and trade week.”

Don't know where the speculation of him choosing Geelong is coming from when the man clearly said he doesn't know yet from all reports Essendon are still very much in the mix to get him.

Last edited:
“It’s way too early for that,” the 23-year-old told AFL Trade Radio while sitting next to the Bombers’ list manager Adrian Dodoro.

“There’s still a lot of water to go under the bridge between now and trade week.”

Don't know where the speculation of him choosing Geelong is coming when the man clearly said he doesn't know yet from all reports Essendon are still in the mix to get him.
yeah. everyone needs to relax a bit and wait until trade week kicks off.

As long as a turd has a value then where just arguing quantity of turds to be taken. :)

Interesting that North don't speak to Barrett. I'm pretty sure he's a North supporter and isn't he good mates with the president?
Barrett has been blacklisted from north. Pots the club more than the main board.

Don't know where the speculation of him choosing Geelong is coming from when the man clearly said he doesn't know yet from all reports Essendon are still very much in the mix to get him.

That article is from Sporting News, hardly think they'd run with sensationalist headlines to get cheap hits.

Just speculating on why the dogs are talking down Stringer's price and reducing their own bargaining position.

Is it possible that his body is completely shot and this was some bright sparks best idea for how to get something back? I'm perplexed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back