Draft Profile Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Although your penis is ridiculously small, did i mention anything about clearances?
how would you know the size of my penis :p. you quoted a post that was saying wines makes stringer look second rate at clearences saying stringer has caught up to him?????

I saw someone from WB talking about him in the paper the other day and they said that his leg break was so bad that if he had been at an AFL club when he did it the rehab would have been a lot more extensive and that he likely would have sat out of footy for a lot longer than he did, so I think any expectations of him hitting the ground running were far too ambitious and wishful. Check back in two years.

Good Call...Nearly in time to check back in after 2 years as you said.

No, just the opposite, I'm saying we won't have a good idea of how good his career is likely to be for a couple more years, once he is hopefully fully over the break and hopefully back to full mobility, speed, etc, which he apparently has lost to a fair degree since the break.
Funny, around the time of these comments, he had spent a month in the VFL playing mainly midfield and returned to the team as a full forward and kicked 22 in 9 games, hasn't looked back since.

Read somewhere he's now kicked over 80 goals in his last 30 games. Obviously he was a little slower in his first 20 or so games but hes gone bang since then.

83 from his last 32.

31 of those from his last 8 games at almost a 4 goal a game average.
Only gonna get better too! Said before the season started I can honestly see him kicking 70+ this year. Sticking by that. Also expecting him to completely rip a game apart some day soon and kick 10. He wouldve against Adelaide in the game early last year if he didnt go off injured (and his set shots were still poor at that time, have improved a lot since).

It's pretty crazy how GWS passed on him three times as well as Melbourne grabbing Toumpas over him. I guess that's because of how bad his break had been the previous year but it would have been worth GWS taking a punt on him because he had been considered pretty likely to go at number 1 prior to the aforemention broken leg.

Wow 83 goals in his last 32 games. That's amazing. If he keeps on going like that he's looking at a 60+ goal season. Is the coleman out of reach for him?
I would have said no before the WCE game but I dont see how anyone beats JK. He will be right up there though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great player but his bags do tend to be against lower ranked sides or interstate sides at Etihad. Would love to see him destroy the Hawks this week, one of my favourite players going around.
Dominated West Coast both times last year and Adelaide

Needs to perform at the MCG (kicked 2 in every game he played there last year), but I think he goes ok against any opposition really.

VERY BIG call but i see him being like an Ablett Snr where he crashes through the midfield and kicks monster goals, he will be an unstopable beast in 3 years time. Im more excited with him then Macrae and Bonti

You must be the first person to compare Stringer to Gazza.

Absolute beast.

Dominated West Coast both times last year and Adelaide

Needs to perform at the MCG (kicked 2 in every game he played there last year), but I think he goes ok against any opposition really.
Adelaide game + R1 v WC were at Etihad though, weren't they?

He's definitely consistent and pops up for a few against anyone he plays, but last year went goalless against Hawthorn and Freo, and only kicked 1 goal against North, Sydney, Geelong, and Collingwood. I may be remembering these games poorly and perhaps it was just bad delivery/he sat in the midfield for most of the time, but in order to become a really dominant forward he's got to have a couple more of those 2 or 3 goal games against better opposition in big games or away from Etihad like you say.

He's definitely consistent and pops up for a few against anyone he plays, but last year went goalless against Hawthorn and Freo, and only kicked 1 goal against North, Sydney, Geelong, and Collingwood. I may be remembering these games poorly and perhaps it was just bad delivery/he sat in the midfield for most of the time, but in order to become a really dominant forward he's got to have a couple more of those 2 or 3 goal games against better opposition in big games or away from Etihad like you say.

Kicked 5 against WCE in 3 quarters when we lost by 70 odd points. At Subi.

Also against Hawthorn he played in the midfield for the majority of the game as we went far too tall and lost 2 players to injury.

Last edited:

He dominated against North last year, kicked 1.2 and had 21 possies, played up the field and gave us a heap of grunt, was one of our better players that day. Was serviceable against Sydney in the wet, Mitch Honeychurch stole a goal off him that day toepoking one through in the goalsquare that Stringer bombed from outside 50 so should've kicked 2. Was poor vs Hawthorn in Tassie IIRC but we copped injuries that day and didn't kick straight vs Geelong IIRC but still found the footy.

Collingwood were mediocre last year, same with St Kilda, he struggled against St Kilda midseason on Dempster, so it's not against all poor teams he flat track bullies against which is what you're labeling him as

He struggled vs Freo last year but kicked 5 against them this year. Adelaide and WCE were top 8 teams......

Sometimes look at his possession count if his score numbers are low, gives an indication if he's playing close to goal, or pushing through midfield. With Crameri out and Dickson injured, he'll play permanent forward this year though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back