• I still think he is only WAFL quality

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I am a big enough man / woman to admit I was wrong, well done Jake

Votes: 23 24.0%
  • I always thought (well at least hoped) he had it in him

Votes: 72 75.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not liking the new nickname (Loosh). It's pretty lame to take someone else's nickname (Fevolution) and create a s**t sounding shortening that no-one knows how to spell or what it means. Weren't they call him "Snake" before?
I like it, its the type of shit you call yourself with the boys when youre up and about talking yourself up, which is how it seems to have come about. Same with G-train, duck, etc
Dunno about the social media team running with it lmao but why not at least theyre doing stuff

We screwed over Jake too much. When oscar returns he needs to eat some grass and be a second fiddle.

If he doesn't like it put him on trade table.

I'm going to be white hot with fury if Oscar is once again gifted a position and Jake has to be pushed aside.

If the shoe was on the other foot we wouldn't plant Waterman FF to get match fit

We are one again seemingly screwing Jake Waterman over. Complete horseshit how Jake should step aside in order for Allen to get match fit.

Tell Allen to get fit in the FF wafl level

Last edited:

I 100% have potted Jake on a number of occasions as he failed to take opportunities, missed key set shots and generally looked like a ‘oh yeah him’ type player.
I was happy to let him walk last year when Muddy through the club under the bus about not checking on Jake’s health and then threatening to pursue other opportunities.

He’s been excellent this season….BUT….

Takes more than half a season to convince a grizzled bastard like me that he’s a changed man and a genuine star.

Let’s see how he goes when Oscar is back on deck. He’s having a hot run now but still not convinced it’s all about the future forward line built around Jake and Oscar.

Just want to see more.

And how lucky have we been to enjoy the likes of JK, Allen and Waterman who have all been excellent set shots.

Imagine cheering on, say, Hipwood and Daniher as your talls each week. Would take years off your life.

We screwed over Jake too much. When oscar returns he needs to eat some grass and be a second fiddle.

I'm going to be white hot with fury if Oscar is once again gifted a position and Jake has to be pushed aside.

If the shoe was on the other foot we wouldn't plant Waterman FF to get match fit

We are one again seemingly screwing Jake Waterman over. Complete horseshit how Jake should step aside in order for Allen to get match fit.

Haha this is true appreciation..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Allen more than likely will play a game or two in the WAFL like Ryan did for sure.

Then it's a matter of who comes out, Darling, Maric or Jack Williams?

Jack Williams would be hard done by but is the most likely at this stage with the TOG% as an indicator (assuming Flynn and Bailey Williams are rucking and Jack isn't being used for this anymore).

RD6
95% Darling
93% Waterman
72% Maric
66% JWill

RD7
93% Waterman
88% Darling
86% Maric
71% JWill

RD8
96% Darling
95% Waterman
71% JWill
DNP Maric

RD9
91% Darling
87% Maric
75% JWill
DNP Waterman

RD10
96% Darling
91% Waterman
72% Maric
68% JWill

If Oscar Allen had a few games in the WAFL then came in to play 66-71% TOG that would be fine. This is super harsh on Jack Williams by the way who has been awesome. Alternatively Jack Williams ousts Bailey Williams as the fwd/ruck rotation.

Either way, Darling and Waterman are probably safe as they defend hard and can save the rotations for the mids.

This isn't of course saying that Jack Williams couldn't play 90% TOG, he probably can, but the coaches aren't choosing for him to do so at the moment over the more mature bodies.

Maric the best option of those to have to play wing or high forward when required with his kicking skills.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allen more than likely will play a game or two in the WAFL like Ryan did for sure.

Then it's a matter of who comes out, Darling, Maric or Jack Williams?

Jack Williams would be hard done by but is the most likely at this stage with the TOG% as an indicator (assuming Flynn and Bailey Williams are rucking and Jack isn't being used for this anymore).

RD6
95% Darling
93% Waterman
72% Maric
66% JWill

RD7
93% Waterman
88% Darling
85% Maric
71% JWill

RD8
96% Darling
95% Waterman
71% JWill
DNP Maric

RD9
91% Darling
87% Maric
75% JWill
DNP Waterman

RD10
95% Waterman
96% Darling
DNP Maric
71% JWill

RD11
96% Darling
91% Waterman
72% Maric
68% JWill

If Oscar Allen had a few games in the WAFL then came in to play 66-71% TOG that would be fine. This is super harsh on Jack Williams by the way who has been awesome. Alternatively Jack Williams ousts Bailey Williams as the fwd/ruck rotation.

Either way, Darling and Waterman are probably safe as they defend hard and can save the rotations for the mids.

This isn't of course saying that Jack Williams couldn't play 90% TOG, he probably can, but the coaches aren't choosing for him to do so at the moment over the more mature bodies.

Maric the best option of those to have to play wing or high forward when required with his kicking skills.
yeah but who comes out for Flynn?

That'll likely be JW, so if he's out, then who comes out for OAllen?

yeah but who comes out for Flynn?

That'll likely be JW, so if he's out, then who comes out for OAllen?

That’s the tough one.

Essentially, Oscar comes in, Jack Williams goes out, Flynn comes in, Bailey moves to Jack Williams position but we still have an extra tall.

Maric the most likely based on pure height but he doesn’t ’play tall’ anyway and is more of a half forward. So they could just persist with Maric either way.

Darling I don’t think you can drop now - he’s lifted his game and clearly plays a key role in drawing defenders and clearing out the forward line for Waterman.

I think it will come down to a few things -

Whether Bailey Williams actually works as a 3rd tall - he could become surplus quite quickly especially with Darling likely to already be playing that role. Could come down to Bailey vs Jack and I think they’d go for Jack - puts a bit of pressure on that spot though.

Oscar Allen’s role when he returns - with Waterman playing so well, does Oscar spend some time in the backline? Could he play CHB? That might be interesting, he’s a hell of a player.

Does Flynn actually work out? I know we are all hoping for a plug and play ruckman who can fill the traditional role….but….the guy just hasn’t played a lot of footy. Ruckman have a pretty high ratio of Spuds to Stars. It wouldn’t be unheard of that Flynn just doesn’t click with our team.

Aaaaand the big one….

If everyone actually stays fit. Chances are they don’t.

Jakey is just a role player didn't you know?

Not sure what Simpson was trying to say in that post-game presser but it came out terribly. Maybe Jake is getting a bit big for his boots and Simpson felt the need to clip him a bit or there is some internal joke there we are not privy to but it seemed pretty dismissive from the other side of the telly. pissed me right off.

Shame it took Knights to become forward coach and think to assign Jake the role of "Win the Coleman thx m8"!

Let's calm our **** first. Allen already made the comment in an interview recently that he'd have to play WAFL on return and even joked there may not be a spot for him in the side, with the way Jake's playing.

I was actually wondering if Flynn works out, it might not. There also might be injuries, so many different ways the team could line up.

The thing that annoys me with Bailey Williams is that he flies so high that he often gets clean hands on the ball in a pack but doesn't hold it much. He's so athletic that he gets a lot of looks nobody else can get but doesn't have sticky hands. Takes some great grabs but lets a lot go.

I was actually wondering if Flynn works out, it might not. There also might be injuries, so many different ways the team could line up.

The thing that annoys me with Bailey Williams is that he flies so high that he often gets clean hands on the ball in a pack but doesn't hold it much. He's so athletic that he gets a lot of looks nobody else can get but doesn't have sticky hands. Takes some great grabs but lets a lot go.

Bailey is your classic big man and is still developing I reckon. Plenty to like about where he is heading. I don't think many of us thought he had even his current level of player in him after the first 2 years, but his peak as a player is likely to be 2026-2030 body permitting.

I think it's all upside with him at this stage.

I want to put my hand up for this.

In the first quarter against Richmond he missed a set shot and I told my mate "Waterman is a bit shit, we should probably delist him".

I wish to confess that I am a fool.

Back