Toast Jakey Neade - Punched above his weight!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake Neade kicked three goals when we smashed Richmond in the 2014 Elimination Final. And was listed in our best in that game.

This bump on Dustin Martin that created our second goal.

I hate that Neade is often referenced as a insult on this board. Ultimately had waning impact, but at his best played some very good games and had some great moments.

I say we need to go back to referencing Stuart Cochrane instead.

I hate that Neade is often referenced as a insult on this board. Ultimately had waning impact, but at his best played some very good games and had some great moments.

Neade was played as a marking player or one to only provide pressure, when he was perfectly suited to crumbing forward. Except we played 1 or 1.5 KPF most of his time here and those often up the ground. He wasn’t a star by any means, but part of the plethora of players misused by the greyhound killer.

Last edited:
Neade was played as a marking player or one to only provide pressure, when he was perfectly suited to crumbing forward. Except we played 1 or 1.5 KPF most of his time here and those often up the ground. He wasn’t a star by any means, but part of the plethora of players misused by the greyhound killer.
I think the pressure forward role broke Jake. He was a little star when he first started, when he was allowed to work up the field and run into space and work into gaps in the forward line. Then someone pigeon-holed him as a forward half stopper and killed off his natural attacking flair, destroying his love for the game.

I think the pressure forward role broke Jake. He was a little star when he first started, when he was allowed to work up the field and run into space and work into gaps in the forward line. Then someone pigeon-holed him as a forward half stopper and killed off his natural attacking flair, destroying his love for the game.

I think it was as simple as, as he bulked up a bit he lost that absolute topflight speed he had in 2013/14 when he was built like a child, and this was compounded further as we switched to a more possession-based/forward press style from 2015-onwards.

Suffered badly from the kick it Charlie directive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back