Jamaica

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on Jamaica? Its one i've always heard good things about, yet i don't know anyone who's actually played it.

Is it a weighty game?
Nah piss easy.

Manage food, guns and gold as you race around the island, trying to pick up treasures from pirate hideouts if you want to, or just put the pedal to the metal and try to win quicker. Each square you stop in will require food, gold or nothing. Land in the same square as someone else and roll one special combat dice, spending guns to increase your roll if you want.

I hung back on the first turn then tried to race past the other two, but I miscalculated a couple of times as it was my first game. Still I survived and because we had one guy who was very calculating about getting treasures I was able to get one step ahead and get a big bonus for finishing first as well as a lucky roll that netted me heaps of coins for extra points.

With more than three people it would be harder I think. More battles etc.

Nah piss easy.

Manage food, guns and gold as you race around the island, trying to pick up treasures from pirate hideouts if you want to, or just put the pedal to the metal and try to win quicker. Each square you stop in will require food, gold or nothing. Land in the same square as someone else and roll one special combat dice, spending guns to increase your roll if you want.

I hung back on the first turn then tried to race past the other two, but I miscalculated a couple of times as it was my first game. Still I survived and because we had one guy who was very calculating about getting treasures I was able to get one step ahead and get a big bonus for finishing first as well as a lucky roll that netted me heaps of coins for extra points.

With more than three people it would be harder I think. More battles etc.
That's awesome, love the sound of it. Been keen to get a racing type game and the flavour of this sounds awesome with ships rather than cars.

• Admin
That's awesome, love the sound of it. Been keen to get a racing type game and the flavour of this sounds awesome with ships rather than cars.
One mechanic is that if you cannot pay, you pay what you have then bounce back to a square you can afford to stop in. Pirate lairs are free so a bit of strategy can see you hit a square then bounce back to pick up treasure.

All this stuffing around just costs you time and some treasure is cursed, giving you negative points at the end of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back