Recommitted Jamarra Ugle-Hagan [contract extension to end of 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a thread on Ugle-Hagan not Sam Edmund

He’s the one that “broke the news” that’s got people going with the following assumptions:
- Dogs are racist
- Jamarras attitude stinks
- Jamarra is angry
- Jamarra won’t get a game behind Bruce and Naughton
- Jamarras partner is toxic
- Jamarra prefers to be the #1
- Dogs have treated Jamarra badly
- Fev is upset at Bevo.
So yes Sam is part of it.

Let’s be honest he was always going to attract headlines. Journos can write about whatever they want, right or wrong, they don’t care. I’m in the wrong industry. All they need to do is find a big name and link it to something tiny to get some click bait. And so many have eaten it up.

Meh. I take these rumours with a grain of salt. Vic journos said Worrell and McAsey were both unhappy at the Crows and would request trades. Both of them re-signed. There is no validity to these kind of stories. Idiot footy journos see a highly rated junior not playing footy in his first year and they start slinging mud against the wall hoping something sticks. They get their click-bait and if they're totally wrong (which they usually are) nobody will hold them accountable. This is what passes for journalism these days.

Regional lifestyle for kids who grew up country is a big pull back home.

Dangerfield, rohan, henderson, dalhaus just off top of my head four boomerang falcons. Probaby more i forgot

Jamarra went to one of the more prestigious secondary schools in the heart of Melbourne on a scholarship. I don’t think regional Victoria is overly important.

Jamarra went to one of the more prestigious secondary schools in the heart of Melbourne on a scholarship. I don’t think regional Victoria is overly important.

You would be crazy not to take that opportunity. Has little to do with where he wants to spend his life thought.

I am not saying he does or doesnt, just acknowleding its a real factor which does come into play for lots of players.

We also lost tim kelly to pull of perth.

Alot of people dont like the hectic bumper to bumper life of 5m people in melbourne.

You would be crazy not to take that opportunity. Has little to do with where he wants to spend his life thought.

I am not saying he does or doesnt, just acknowleding its a real factor which does come into play for lots of players.

We also lost tim kelly to pull of perth.

Alot of people dont like the hectic bumper to bumper life of 5m people in melbourne.

You’re really clutching at straws here mate lol. Tim kelly went home for family reasons which is also the opposite side of the country. Jamarra grew up 3 hours outside from Melbourne before coming over to scotch college. If we follow your method - up to 360 listed afl players in Melbourne, may or may not hate Melbourne traffic.

You’re really clutching at straws here mate lol. Tim kelly went home for family reasons which is also the opposite side of the country. Jamarra grew up 3 hours outside from Melbourne before coming over to scotch college. If we follow your method - up to 360 listed afl players in Melbourne, may or may not hate Melbourne traffic.

Clutching at what straws?? You seem very emotional about regional people wanting to move back to regional lifestyle?? Are you saying it isnt a factor?? If your saying it isnt a thing then you probably need to have a think about it.

Once again im not saying he will or wont, in saying its a real factor that comes into play and a reason why players will return back to play for geelong, we currently have at least four in our best 22 for this reason i can think of off top of my head. We didnt offer them more money, they wanted to come home to a regional lifestyle which is very different to living in the suburbs. Alot prefer it.

No idea whats getting you emotional or disputing this.

Clutching at what straws?? You seem very emotional about regional people wanting to move back to regional lifestyle?? Are you saying it isnt a factor?? If your saying it isnt a thing then you probably need to have a think about it.

Once again im not saying he will or wont, in saying its a real factor that comes into play and a reason why players will return back to play for geelong, we currently have at least four in our best 22 for this reason i can think of off top of my head. We didnt offer them more money, they wanted to come home to a regional lifestyle which is very different to living in the suburbs. Alot prefer it.

No idea whats getting you emotional or disputing this.

Lol don’t play the emotional game. I’m not at all. I’m just arguing your point.
Give me your four examples of players who moved to geelong because they preferred the “regional lifestyle”?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol don’t play the emotional game. I’m not at all. I’m just arguing your point.
Give me your four examples of players who moved to geelong because they preferred the “regional lifestyle”?

From just a quick look on our website and looking at where our recruits came from, seven players are returning to regional victoria areas and four specifically from geelong. Obviously no coincidence there that they are all either geelong or grew up regional so the appeal was there to either come back or live that lifestyle with geelong only choice.

Dangerfield, higgins, cameron, henderson, rohan, dalhaus, isaac smith.

Makes sense why so many of these players are coming to us over other clubs showing interest.

From just a quick look on our website and looking at where our recruits came from, seven players are returning to regional victoria areas and four specifically from geelong. Obviously no coincidence there that they are all either geelong or grew up regional so the appeal was there to either come back or live that lifestyle with geelong only choice.

Makes sense why so many of these players are coming to us over other clubs showing interest.
How old are these players returning to regional Geelong? The players you listed have literally nothing in common with an 18 year old moving to a city for the first time?

How old are these players returning to regional Geelong? The players you listed have literally nothing in common with an 18 year old moving to a city for the first time?

Various ages. Actually didnt realise that rvery one of our current players traded from another club/free agency has either roots in geelong or some other regional location. Its obviously a big factor the club is smart enough to recognise and pursue with the trade and free agency market. All 7 is no coincidence

Dahlhaus left for money and an added year to his contract that we didn’t want to offer and you did. Not a good example to use.

Dangerfield, Rohan and Henderson are from Geelong.

Danger and Rohan moved from interstate.

Not many good examples there of players moving from metro to geelong for lifestyle purposes.

There’s a reason you’re known as the retirement village so adding Smith and Higgins who are in their 30s was no shock.

Geelong are very good at attracting players but to suggest it’s down to lifestyle I think is BS. I think it’s down to your culture.

How do you explain kids growing up in rural areas being desperate to get out and move to cities?

Im sure there are, yet to see it occur with geelong thought? Cant think of any who have wanted to leave besides kelly.

There is a very large growing appeal about living in geelong these days. Alot getting sick of living in melbourne with the inredible overpopulation and rediculous home prices. Heard david king actually talk about it and how big a leverage it is for geelong and called them the “ destination club”.

Obviously whether this will occur with jamara i have no idea and either do you. But its a real thing to consider that it does happen and we currently have 7 on our list who showcase it

Dahlhaus left for money and an added year to his contract that we didn’t want to offer and you did. Not a good example to use.

Dangerfield, Rohan and Henderson are from Geelong.

Danger and Rohan moved from interstate.

Not many good examples there of players moving from metro to geelong for lifestyle purposes.

There’s a reason you’re known as the retirement village so adding Smith and Higgins who are in their 30s was no shock.

All seven of our traded or free wgents happen to be from either geelong or regional locations. Just connect the dots mate. Its not really complicated to work out. They are all good footy players who could have chosen other clubs in victoria but they didnt and also for bigger $$. David king has also spoken about it and how he feels we have ab advantage. He appears to be correct

All seven of our traded or free wgents happen to be from either geelong or regional locations. Just connect the dots mate. Its not really complicated to work out. They are all good footy players who could have chosen other clubs in victoria but they didnt. David king has also spoken about it and how he feels we have ab advantage. He appears to be correct

Yes, your advantage is your amazing culture. Not less traffic and population.

All seven of our traded or free wgents happen to be from either geelong or regional locations. Just connect the dots mate. Its not really complicated to work out. They are all good footy players who could have chosen other clubs in victoria but they didnt and also for bigger $$. David king has also spoken about it and how he feels we have ab advantage. He appears to be correct

A72EC11B-F0AC-4805-BFE5-CFF6258FB023.jpeg
Please stop using Dahlhaus as an example.

Yes, your advantage is your amazing culture. Not less traffic and population.

You do understanding living regional compared to city is an entirely different lifestyle besides “traffic” which shows a bit of lack of knowledge. Alot of them prefer the space and farm life, the coastal life as alot of them surf.

Once again i am not saying it will happen with jamarra, but since this is a thread about his future geelong would be a strong suitor if he wanted to leave, which i havent even heard he does.

When 7 of your traded or free agents are all from regional vic areas and your club is a regional one itself, you don't have to be albert einstein to work out that it plays a factor in the decision making process that leads to the move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back