Toast Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Welcome to the club

Remove this Banner Ad

CDBulldog

Senior List
Mar 31, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not sure I am liking all the off field publicity Marra is getting. Prefer a low profile until he earns it on the footy field. Maybe it a small part of the reason Bevo is not playing him yet.
unfortunately he appears to be dating someone who strives to stay in the spotlight through personal choices. He’s in her social media world so it’s unlikely he will lead a low profile as his image literally feeds her social media relevance...it’s just the reality!!!!

Last edited:

ThePhreshOne

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
unfortunately he appears to be dating someone who strives to stay in the spotlight through personal choices. He’s in her social media world so it’s unlikely he will lead a low profile as his image literally feeds her social media relevance...sad reality!!!!
Ok boomer.

Doggies_13

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 29, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Couldn’t care less about his personal life unless it affects his football, so far no signs of that whatsoever. Hopefully he builds his fitness base and pushes into the senior team in the second half of the year.

weltschmerz

Premiership Player
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He'll be right. A 19-year-old country kid living in a big city on a fair salary, would be surprised if he didn't muck around. He'll pull his head in.

CDBulldog

Senior List
Mar 31, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He'll be right. A 19-year-old country kid living in a big city on a fair salary, would be surprised if he didn't muck around. He'll pull his head in.
I don’t honestly care if he mucks about. I certainly did. I was simply commenting on the way I see things. He won’t stay out of the social media spotlight in her company. It’s just a reality. I personally couldn’t care less and am not concerned by it.

ThePhreshOne

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I don’t honestly care if he mucks about. I certainly did. I was simply commenting on the way I see things. He won’t stay out of the social media spotlight in her company. It’s just a reality. I personally couldn’t care less and am not concerned by it.
Yet it’s a “sad reality”? 👀

Good edit btw. Contradicting yourself a bit aren’t you?

CDBulldog

Senior List
Mar 31, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yet it’s a “sad reality”? 👀

Good edit btw. Contradicting yourself a bit aren’t you?
Fair enough. A bit loose on the language and I corrected it. but I’m not a boomer and while I’m not big on social media I understand it’s big with the youngsters. Your response was belittling and unoriginal. Anyway time to move on.

ThePhreshOne

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Fair enough. A bit loose on the language and I corrected it. but I’m not a boomer and while I’m not big on social media I understand it’s big with the youngsters. Your response was belittling and unoriginal. Anyway time to move on.
Oh okay, well now that I know you've decided that living the life he does isn't a sad reality, I will retract my comment that you're a Boomer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs_R_Us

Space Traveller
May 3, 2001
Sirius - the Dogstar
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Many footballers avoid social media. I think the advice from clubs is to use it wisely and minimally. It can be fun, and informative, but as we saw with Billy Gowers, who posted an innocent and appreciative message when he departed the club, trolls are lurking to tear them down when possible.

Fossie 32

Premium Platinum
Oct 6, 2002
1300GODOGS
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne..VICTORY, Leeds
Many footballers avoid social media. I think the advice from clubs is to use it wisely and minimally. It can be fun, and informative, but as we saw with Billy Gowers, who posted an innocent and appreciative message when he departed the club, trolls are lurking to tear them down when possible.
Lin said he had bad experience with it in his recent article

ThePhreshOne

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Nothing like it at all actually but carry on.
Nah, it's never the same when the shoe is on the other foot. It's all well and good to judge youth and the way they go about their lives but as soon as that same youth fires back and has something to say then it's unwarranted and insulting.

maddog37

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2008
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Nah, it's never the same when the shoe is on the other foot. It's all well and good to judge youth and the way they go about their lives but as soon as that same youth fires back and has something to say then it's unwarranted and insulting.
Not at all. No one is attacking “young people”. Calm down.

Social media is the issue and it has positives and negatives. Is that such an outlandish statement?

ThePhreshOne

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Not at all. No one is attacking “young people”. Calm down.

Social media is the issue and it has positives and negatives. Is that such an outlandish statement?
If that is what was said then it would be fine, but it isn't. What was said was this.

unfortunately he appears to be dating someone who strives to stay in the spotlight through personal choices. He’s in her social media world so it’s unlikely he will lead a low profile as his image literally feeds her social media relevance...sad reality!!!!
Anyway. Move on.

cherrypie

Team Captain
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The whole "boomer" vs "millenial" thing is so cringeworthy. Generations should be based on key events in my opinion anyway, in 100 years time we'll all be grouped together as those who were lucky enough to see JUH's 10000th goal

Remove this Banner Ad