Toast Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Welcome to the club

Remove this Banner Ad

I had to google it although I recall the hubris. David Stevenson. I can't help but hunger for the Boppo / Gumboots days.

Ah the ex-Nike guy. Gosh I’d forgotten about him. Obviously his nickname lacked solidity and he was moved on as a result. Apologies to everyone for talking historical administrative staff in the JUH thread We’ll move on

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

... Obviously his nickname lacked solidity and he was moved on as a result. Apologies to everyone for talking historical administrative staff in the JUH thread We’ll move on

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No apology, please. Anyone associated with the Club is fair game. I recall the name of another Life Member, Ron Palmer, now deceased, being bandied around. Ron served the club, modestly, one of nature's gentlemen.

Last edited:

Ah, David Stevenson. I had forgotten about him. I was thinking the reference was to Bernard Saundry (?) . Wasn’t he there for an equally short, or shorter, period?
David Stevenson is Australian (not a yank). He works at the AFL now.
I’ve met him a couple of times and he is a lovely bloke. Friendly and remembers everyone’s name.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would be the ideal weight for him?
Despite the playing style comparisons, he does seem to have a very similar body to rookie Lance Franklin. Buddy is 2cm taller and listed at 105kg (seems heavy) but I see Jamarra going close to hitting 100kg in his prime. He looks like he has the build to put on weight.

One of the more flagrant club height inflations I've seen in a while considering he was reliably measured at 195cm three months ago.
It’s crazy that he’s grown that much in three months. Now that he’s 197cms and possibly still growing. To go along with being 90+ kgs at 18. And a crazy wingspan, vertical and speed off the mark. He’s probably just a touch below the king twins as the prototype modern day key position forward. And that’s only because they are 202 cms. Would you agree ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back