Toast Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Welcome to the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan is a special talent will be an elite footballer no doubt, so any wonder many opposition teams are enviously critical at the drop of a hat.
How does a team as strong as Dogs land a 1st pick?
Any wonder recruiting and NBA zone boundaries are a messy too, the system needs an overhaul.

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan is a special talent will be an elite footballer no doubt, so any wonder many opposition teams are enviously critical at the drop of a hat.
Any wonder recruiting and NBA zone boundaries are a messy too, the system needs an overhaul.

Cool, thanks for sharing.

It was included in the umpires' kickback passed under the table by Bevo at their last lunch before Christmas.

Purple continuing to sink the boot into JUH and Bev on afl.com calling him "rockstar jamarra".

Put the question of "whether he is ready or not to come into the side", do these idiots in the media forget that for the first 6 rounds our starting KPF trio were leading the competition in almost every single major statistically category (marks inside 50, goals, contested marks).

One week ago all the rage was "The Three Headed Monster", now it's "why hasn't Jamarra been selected".

Seriously how do some of these media clowns get a pay check.

Last edited:
Purple continuing to sink the boot into JUH and Bev on afl.com calling him "rockstar jamarra".

Put the question of "whether he is ready or not to come into the side", do these idiots in the media forget that for the first 6 rounds our starting KPF trio were leading the competition in almost every single major statistically category (marks inside 50, goals, contested marks).

One week ago all the rage was "The Three Headed Monster", now it's "why hasn't Jamarra been selected".

Seriously how do some of these idiots in the media get a pay check.
AFL media is a ******* wreck when you have journos who hold massive and obvious biases against certain people. Barrett used Boyd to have a go at Bevo and now I feel he is trying to use Jamarra.

Seriously how do some of these idiots in the media get a pay check.
I’m getting ominous Tom Boyd vibes, not from Marra but from the already OTT media pressure.

Have said this before.

There a way too many media people for the game of AFL.

Therefore, for the media people to substantiate their existence stupidity reigns supreme

Bring back Scotty Palmer

AFL media is a ******* wreck when you have journos who hold massive and obvious biases against certain people. Barrett used Boyd to have a go at Bevo and now I feel he is trying to use Jamarra.

I just hate the lack of accountability the media receive.

It's not as if we are the stereotypical bottom of the ladder club that has holes across the park. Or that Jamarra could fill the same role that injured English does as the 2nd ruck.

If purple catches wind of even the slightest problem at the dogs he tries to make it a far bigger thing than it actually is.

Last edited:
I’m getting ominous Tom Boyd vibes, not from Marra but from the already OTT media pressure.

Funny you should say that. Before all this has been ramping up I had this innate feeling that Marra will break our hearts one day - Callan Ward style. Then I read this line in one of the latest articles " Ugle-Hagan strolled to the front of a nightclub queue over summer and was noted demanding entry with the famous old line but was quickly put back in his box." and my panic takes hold. Is it hyped up media making something out of nothing? We all took the mickey when we were young. Or is the young fella on a bit of a trip? That's fine too, as long as he comes down in a year or two. I trust Bevo and Bont etc know what they're doing and how to handle the youngster. No wonder Bevo was POd at the presser - he probably knows the media whiff a good story & they're doing they're darndest to create an ongoing saga.

Seriously how do some of these media clowns get a pay check.
They work on the well founded proposition that most of their readership / audience has the retention span of a goldfish.

Gladly that’s not the case on this board.🙄

I wonder if this is another Watergate - that JUH not getting a game is just the cover up for something much more sinister happening at the club. (Is Macca coming back as coach? Royce Hart?) Shiver me timbers... only time will tell! :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate Barrett as much as anyone. I agree he is a total flog. But having looked at this, I don't think there is anything controversial / wrong with what he has said in that piece other than calling JUH a "rockstar" which comes with being Pick 1. Sometimes the message gets lost because of the messenger.

The only thing to note is that Bont didn't play until Round 5 in his first year and he would have been better prepared given JUH didn't play a game last year.

I hate Barrett as much as anyone. I agree he is a total flog. But having looked at this, I don't think there is anything controversial / wrong with what he has said in that piece other than calling JUH a "rockstar" which comes with being Pick 1. Sometimes the message gets lost because of the messenger.

The only thing to note is that Bont didn't play until Round 5 in his first year and he would have been better prepared given JUH didn't play a game last year.

It's because he totally overlooks that the KPF combination we have in the team is working extremely well. It's as basic as "why isn't weiderman playing in the seniors". Well the answer is that the Melb forward line is getting the job done so why would you change the cavalry.

If Jamarra was drafted as a key defender and he hadn't debuted yet (with our injuries and struggles in the KPD2 position) the argument as to "why hasn't jamarra been selected" would have far more merit.

Instead of highlighting results, Purple goes for character assassination as to why JUH isn't playing.

It's because he totally overlooks that the KPF combination we have in the team is working extremely well. It's as basic as "why isn't weiderman playing in the seniors". Well the answer is that the Melb forward line is getting the job done so why would you change the cavalry.

If Jamarra was drafted as a key defender and he hadn't debuted yet (with our injuries and struggles in the KPD2 position) the argument as to "why hasn't jamarra been selected" would have far more merit.

Instead of highlighting results, Purple goes for character assassination as to why JUH isn't playing.
Yeah, but we picked Schache when we could have picked JUH and Schache's output was about what I expected (negligible). I suspect Schache got a run tho because he could chop out a bit in the ruck (altho he got beaten by Pickett). Wouldn't want to throw JUH into the ruck in his debut game.

I went saw JUH play against Northern Bullants on Saturday and when he gets it good things happen. He didn't bang down the door to get a game like say Weightman did, but JUH is ready to play. What he needs is a high possession game with good number of goals and contested marks / possessions and he will be straight in. It's that simple and I hope that is what Bont told him.

Last edited:
This is disappointing. Our first number 1 pick since Adam Cooney should be an all positive experience. You can understand with not paying last season and not being a midfielder he would take longer. The club is doing the right thing and if Marra is seeking the limelight he needs to pull his head in, work hard and do the hard yards.

Last edited:
Yeah, but we picked Schache when we could have picked JUH and Schache's output was about what I expected (negligible). I suspect Schache got a run tho because he could chop out a bit in the ruck (altho he got beaten by Pickett). Wouldn't want to throw JUH into the ruck in his debut game.

I went saw JUH play against Northern Bullants on Saturday and when he gets it good things happen. He didn't bang down the door to get a game like say Weightman did, but JUH is ready to play. What he needs is a 20 possession game with good number of goals and contested marks / possessions and he will be straight in. It's that simple and I hope that is what Bont told him.
He’s going to have to deal with AFL level defenders as well. From what I’ve seen of the VFL he’s regularly double or triple teamed. It won’t be easy. Sounds as if there’s a bit of ego happening too, but he’ll have to quickly come down to earth.

Im convinced that this video attacking the bloke is a direct result of bevo getting stuck into the behaviour of journalists. just a little reminder to bevo exactly what they can and will do to a side

I went saw JUH play against Northern Bullants on Saturday and when he gets it good things happen. He didn't bang down the door to get a game like say Weightman did, but JUH is ready to play. What he needs is a 20 possession game with good number of goals and contested marks / possessions and he will be straight in. It's that simple and I hope that is what Bont told him.
Phew - 20 possessions! That's a tough standard.

I know JUH is currently playing VFL not AFL so a higher return might be expected, but for general comparison purposes:
Josh Bruce - 137 AFL games, 20+ disposal games: 1, max disposals ever: 21, avge disposals 11.00​
Aaron Naughton - 60 games, 20+ disposal games: 2, max disposals ever: 20, avge disposals 10.63​
Josh Schache - 57 games, 20+ disposal games: 0, max disposals ever: 17, avge disposals 9.79​

In other words in a combined 254 senior games they have only reached 20 disposals 3 times (one of Naughton's two was when he was playing in defence, BTW) and none of them have had more than 21 disposals in a game. It's just not expected of big forwards.

I agree that good things happen when he has the ball though. He only needs about 10-12 touches to be a valuable contributor. I posted recently that the great Tony Lockett only averaged about 11-12 disposals per game but is the all time leading goalkicker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back