Moved Thread Jamarra Ugle-Hagan will end up more valuable than Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm glad that you've concurred that Ginnivan is way ahead on output, even if he is in the VFL. Interestingly, JUH, in career best form has a similar output to Ash Johnson over the past three weeks. Both have kicked 6 goals at AFL level in the past three weeks, except AJ is in the 2s at the moment as well...
I said no such thing. I said a small forward will have an easier time adjusting to AFL level than a tall forward. The same thing can be observed with players like Rachele, Pickett, Weightman, Higgins, the list goes on. These guys do not have the job of aerially competing with tall defenders, therefore they will have an easier time adjusting to AFL.

As for your embarrassing and pathetic Ash Johnson comparison, aside from the fact that he's 5 years older than Jamarra, he isn't even half as talented. Despite prefixing your post with "fair point", clearly you have difficulties understanding the value of a forward outside of goals alone.

Meanwhile people like you forget that it took many years for players like Nick Riewoldt, Jonathan Brown, Tom Hawkins, Jack Riewoldt, Josh Kennedy, Lance Franklin, Jarryd Roughead and more to hit their strides.

Was Cameron good in his debut year? Yeah. Do I still think Ugle-Hagan will end up a more valuable player than Daicos? Yeah.
Many years for Buddy to "hit his strides"? He was 21 years old when he kicked the ton.

I think Jamarra looks great, though he's still a way off being the best player in your team, let alone in the competition.

Many years for Buddy to "hit his strides"? He was 21 years old when he kicked the ton.

I think Jamarra looks great, though he's still a way off being the best player in your team, let alone in the competition.
You're only the 5th or 6th person to cherry pick that one inaccuracy while completely missing the point. Good job champ.

Conception having Coniption.

UH though is a terrific talent and a nice young man by all accounts.

He probably prefers a lower profile. Do the lad a favor.

Hawkins and Kennedy took a bit of time to hit their stride. The others broke out at least by their fourth year. That means JUH has until next year.

He’s got some talent but got a long way to go before even being considered in the top forwards let alone top players in the league like Daicos is already.
And he is comparing against most of those forwards commencing their careers in struggling, bottom teams.
The Doggies have one of the strongest midfields in the competition delivering the ball up forward.
I’d also argue apart from maybe Franklin, top midfielders like Judd in his prime were rated higher. Hawkins has never even been rated the best player at Geelong.

But JUH will be an excellent player no doubt as he continues improving. Will he be the most valuable player in the game? I’m not sure about that. Daicos, JHF, maybe Harley Reid (given the hype) IN MY OPINION are midfielders who will be far more valuable. If JUH wins 3 or 4 Coleman’s, then it puts him in the discussion.

Right now you have a kid in his second season who is a runaway leader in the AFL Coaches votes, who is heavily tagged and talked about by opposition coaches and is the favourite to win the Brownlow, against a guy in his 3rd season who has kicked 23 goals in 17 games this season. Unless he starts kicking 70 goals a season, he doesn’t come close.

Meanwhile people like you forget that it took many years for players like Nick Riewoldt, Jonathan Brown, Tom Hawkins, Jack Riewoldt, Josh Kennedy, Lance Franklin, Jarryd Roughead and more to hit their strides.
Just quietly, Nick Riewoldt won the Rising Star in basically his first year and in his third year he won MVP and was widely regarded as the best player in the AFL. Franklin didn't go too badly either early on.

Love watching Ugle-Hagan play and I think he is going to be a genuine superstar. And I agree with the OP, in my view, a superstar KPF is more important from the perspective of team than a superstar mid. If I was getting one player to Saints right now it is Jeremy Cameron. In a few years it might be UH.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just quietly, Nick Riewoldt won the Rising Star in basically his first year and in his third year he won MVP and was widely regarded as the best player in the AFL. Franklin didn't go too badly either early on.

Love watching Ugle-Hagan play and I think he is going to be a genuine superstar. And I agree with the OP, in my view, a superstar KPF is more important from the perspective of team than a superstar mid. If I was getting one player to Saints right now it is Jeremy Cameron. In a few years it might be UH.
If you could take any player in the AFL right now you'd pick a 30 year old?

So just to reiterate, literally nobody supports your claim Conception despite your all time tantrum
I don’t necessarily disagree with a lot of what he’s saying, but the manner of discussion is pretty awful and just creates a s**t thread. The discussion of whether an elite key forward is more valuable than a goal kicking midfielder is an interesting one. Is this thread premature to suggest JUH will end up more valuable than the kid likely to win the Brownlow? Probably, yeah. But I genuinely think Jamarra could very easily end up a top 10, even top 5 player in the league regardless of position. Not a hill I’m willing to die on and make myself look like a tool over though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back