manutd/dogs

Team Captain
Feb 18, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
United
Marra: "I went in there for two days for a camp thing. I go for Essendon, but as soon as I got to know all the boys (at the Western Bulldogs), it feels like I should just go for them," he said. "I felt really close to all the boys, even though I'd only known them for two days."

Starting off on the right foot :thumbsu:

Last edited:

Roscoe_au

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Jamarra needs to be supported culturally as well. This is where we need Brett Goodes to stand up and take these boys under his wing.

What a shame we couldn't have lured the likes of Martin and Betts etc. to build these links around the up and coming Indigenous who lose their link to family. P Gordon has it right around focussing on building our numbers here.

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It’s fair to say that Knightmare is a fan.

E48184CE-C1F2-47A0-8F0A-DC2A05E4953B.jpeg

BCB4EDB5-100B-40CB-BEB3-87A74909FE2E.jpeg

flipper83

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just put together a video of Jamarras involvements in the Futures match. May have missed a few but got the main ones.
Not really worth doing one for Nick Stevens although he's the player who hits up Jamarra for his shot on half time.

Ghenghis

Team Captain
Jan 31, 2012
Clifton Springs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
there is no other team
Just put together a video of Jamarras involvements in the Futures match. May have missed a few but got the main ones.
Not really worth doing one for Nick Stevens although he's the player who hits up Jamarra for his shot on half time.

After watching the video the kid appears to have great poise and seems to have a lot of time with the ball in his hands. Needs to work on his disposals as most of his kicks never quite hit the target but that will come over time as he gets into the AFL program and builds his skills and fitness.
Just cannot wait to get him into the RW&B and let him loose.

footyfan000001

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Definetly needs to work on his kicking but looks an exciting prospect

Libba39

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2008
Murrumbeena
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I know he's under age but he's no Buddy Franklin. Not a great highlights package but obviously has some physical ability.

Reserving judgement until this time next year when hopefully he's filled out a bit.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

His work in congestion is nothing short of elite, only guy I can think of that size with such good movement in packs is Bont.

Very good on the lead, and I see what Knightmare means about creating separation from his opponent.

His field kicking makes me wince. 3 minutes into the video, he hadn't hit a single target, and both shots on goal had hooked way off to the right, missing everything. I think there were 2 effective kicks in that entire game. Definitely something he needs to work on, but looks to really have the tools needed to be an elite key forward, and he's still got so much time to develop

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

View attachment 767089

Attachments

• A12EA5E7-2511-4E6E-AA76-169D68FB5CDB.mp4
    881.8 KB
  • EC611460-3321-4A08-B589-A3FD14ED3F49.mp4
    1.5 MB
Last edited:

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
To be honest I think in terms of the player he COULD be I think the better comparison is Bont. He's definitely not a power forward and not a great kick either, but for a larger guy seems to cut through the midfield ok.
He’s nothing like Bont. He’s a key forward that is lightning quick off the lead and leaps for everything. Bont is a natural midfield with poise and a dead eye accurate field kick.

Feb 10, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
To be honest I think in terms of the player he COULD be I think the better comparison is Bont. He's definitely not a power forward and not a great kick either, but for a larger guy seems to cut through the midfield ok.

yes I wouldn't be surprised, his movement in traffic seems very similar!

I'm also thinking how he will fit into the team with Schache, Bruce, Naughton AND English!!!

If he can be that roaming tall that would be brilliant for us

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He’s nothing like Bont. He’s a key forward that is lightning quick off the lead and leaps for everything. Bont is a natural midfield with poise and a dead eye accurate field kick.

From memory Bont didn't move into the midfield full time until the last half of his under 18 year. Before that wasn't he playing as a roaming bit part player?

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
From memory Bont didn't move into the midfield full time until the last half of his under 18 year. Before that wasn't he playing as a roaming bit part player?
Not 100% sure. But he certainly wasn’t touted as a potential #1 draft pick at 195cms and coming off leading the Under 18s as the league leader in average goals per game.

Feb 10, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Cheers for the Videos!! Gee I can't wait to see Marra, Naughton and Bruce in the same forward line.

The Way that Marra and Naughton launch at the ball is very similar!! amazing really how lucky we are to be in this position

Bont was playing as a flanker in the first half of the year, and doesn't have much acceleration.
Marra is a genuine, bonafide KPF. Forget this "he can go back" stuff, he's a natural forward.

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bont was playing as a flanker in the first half of the year, and doesn't have much acceleration.
Marra is a genuine, bonafide KPF. Forget this "he can go back" stuff, he's a natural forward.

Yeah, not sure how you can take a 4 minute clip from a game where he was deliberately played out of position and determine he’s not a key forward, which goes against all the footage and stats from throughout his season.

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
nice to see some vision to go with the hype. he is sooooooo skinny. I think with his kicking and handballing he needs more strength for more assertive and direct disposals - they are so weak and loopy looking.

Back