Toast Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Welcome to the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Another reason to deathride Adelaide. Makes the Keath trade look even better, given the 2020 pick swaps, and Thilthorpe is an SA boy so even more likely they take him at 1 outright.

Would Adelaide hold a grudge and bid on him on JUH @1? Do the dogs have a point deficit going into this year?

Thilthorpe is a perfect match for Adelaide and I can't really imagine them not taking him.
I really hope the bottom 3 all take players rather than bidding on Jamarra.
The point matching differential between being bid on at 1 (2400 pts) and being bid on at 4 (1627 pts) is over 30%.

To put that into picks - a bid at pick one would cost three pick 23's a bid at pick 4 would cost two pick 23's.

I really hope the bottom 3 all take players rather than bidding on Jamarra.
The point matching differential between being bid on at 1 (2400 pts) and being bid on at 4 (1627 pts) is over 30%.

To put that into picks - a bid at pick one would cost three pick 23's a bid at pick 4 would cost two pick 23's.

If Hollands hadn't done his knee I'd consider that not unlikely. Hollands, Phillips, and Thilthorpe could all conceivably go before Jamarra if all went our way. I don't think anybody expected McAsey or Serong to go before Green, so anything's possible.

If Hollands hadn't done his knee I'd consider that not unlikely. Hollands, Phillips, and Thilthorpe could all conceivably go before Jamarra if all went our way. I don't think anybody expected McAsey or Serong to go before Green, so anything's possible.
Yeah at this rate, I'm fully expecting Thilthorpe to go at 1. With Freo having a deficit and Melbourne playing like they're in U12s (giving North a likely Pick 2), I wouldn't be surprised if Phillips then goes 2nd. Looking pretty likely that Freo, Adelaide, North and Sydney will hold the first 4 picks, and with the recent trend of clubs favouring needs over best available (especially Melbourne taking Jackson and Pickett), we could see JUH slip to Pick 4 or 5.

Sydney are the ones I simply do not see him getting past. They took Stephens, Gould, Warner and Taylor last year, and are now having serious issues with a lack of quality fit talls. They would be insane not to bid on JUH if he gets to them.

If Adelaide end up with anything other than Pick 1, then they will probably bid on JUH given they have a reputation for "keeping clubs honest"

Yeah at this rate, I'm fully expecting Thilthorpe to go at 1. With Freo having a deficit and Melbourne playing like they're in U12s (giving North a likely Pick 2), I wouldn't be surprised if Phillips then goes 2nd. Looking pretty likely that Freo, Adelaide, North and Sydney will hold the first 4 picks, and with the recent trend of clubs favouring needs over best available (especially Melbourne taking Jackson and Pickett), we could see JUH slip to Pick 4 or 5.

Sydney are the ones I simply do not see him getting past. They took Stephens, Gould, Warner and Taylor last year, and are now having serious issues with a lack of quality fit talls. They would be insane not to bid on JUH if he gets to them.

If Adelaide end up with anything other than Pick 1, then they will probably bid on JUH given they have a reputation for "keeping clubs honest"

Crows will have picks 1 & 2, if things stay the same. Will get the other pick from FA compensation. Need to factor that in. They really need a Phillips type player and getting JUH to play with Thilthorpe isn’t a good idea.

Crows will have picks 1 & 2, if things stay the same. Will get the other pick from FA compensation. Need to factor that in. They really need a Phillips type player and getting JUH to play with Thilthorpe isn’t a good idea.
Is Brad Crouch really going to demand that much? Suns may be more hesitant now with their improvement this year.

Is Brad Crouch really going to demand that much? Suns may be more hesitant now with their improvement this year.
Don't see to many teams lacking his type. Freo and essendon are probably the only two. Without much competition for his signature and with Adel wanting to inject more speed I don't see his value that high

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clubs will overpay to get someone for free (particularly Dodoro). He isn’t worth it but I can’t see him not getting enough to get the Crows another high first. Headquarters won’t want the Crows down for too long, so will massage the numbers required.

Clubs will overpay to get someone for free (particularly Dodoro). He isn’t worth it but I can’t see him not getting enough to get the Crows another high first. Headquarters won’t want the Crows down for too long, so will massage the numbers required.
Considering there were reports the Dons were working hard to keep AMT with salary cap constraints, they would need to shift the Daniher money to Crouch and forego going after another forward as a Joe replacement. May happen, but I'd be shocked if Crouch does end up getting Crows a tier 1 pick.

Considering there were reports the Dons were working hard to keep AMT with salary cap constraints, they would need to shift the Daniher money to Crouch and forego going after another forward as a Joe replacement. May happen, but I'd be shocked if Crouch does end up getting Crows a tier 1 pick.
How on Earth is essendons salary cap in that kind of state? Very few stars on their list, and a whole lot of VFL quality players seeing a lot of senior footy. They need to remove Daniher and Fantasia asap if they're that tight on money

How on Earth is essendons salary cap in that kind of state? Very few stars on their list, and a whole lot of VFL quality players seeing a lot of senior footy. They need to remove Daniher and Fantasia asap if they're that tight on money
I can't find any articles now except this from Tom Browne, so who knows if its even true.
But they do have Hurley, Hooker, Merrett, Heppell, Stringer, Shiel, Smith, AMT and Daniher most of which I'd expect to be on 600k+.

C4 has mentioned on the trade board Essendon is 2nd in line for Wines, so if they lose Daniher, it seems they'd rather flip him for Wines than Crouch anyway.

Who really wants to go to the bombers without getting lots of cash? Daniher will be out. Wines I expect to stay at Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back