Toast Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Welcome to the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Jamarra gets a free at the top of the square which would have been his 4th but Noah Anderson scabs it from him and takes advantage when play stopped and kicks it through for the easiest of goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm as excited as everyone else about him but the pessimist in me will remain convinced that we're going to get screwed out of having access to him right up until draft night 2020.:p

Was listening to an interview with one of our recruiters recently and he was saying that we've been reluctant to recruit Indigenous players because we lack the support network to help them settle and be comfortable but that that'll be an increased focus for us, as has also been stated by Peter Gordon as people have said in here. I dare say having an ideal environment for big Marra to come into would be part of the motivation to sort that out.

I'm as excited as everyone else about him but the pessimist in me will remain convinced that we're going to get screwed out of having access to him right up until draft night 2020.:p
If the AFL makes him go to the Gold Coast instead...

Is there a chance he could be the number 1 rated prospect next year? I kind of wish he was hidden away a bit as more of a later first round prospect to stop rival clubs beginning to kick up a fuss.

Is there a chance he could be the number 1 rated prospect next year? I kind of wish he was hidden away a bit as more of a later first round prospect to stop rival clubs beginning to kick up a fuss.
If he bulks up a bit over the summer, he has the chance to be number 1
Has all the tools as an underager to change a game going forward.

Still working on his forward craft but has shown great signs as a defender as well

If he bulks up a bit over the summer, he has the chance to be number 1
Has all the tools as an underager to change a game going forward.

Still working on his forward craft but has shown great signs as a defender as well
Thanks vital for keeping us up to date on a great footy prospect, and hope he lands at whiten oval.

Was listening to an interview with one of our recruiters recently and he was saying that we've been reluctant to recruit Indigenous players because we lack the support network to help them settle and be comfortable but that that'll be an increased focus for us, as has also been stated by Peter Gordon as people have said in here. I dare say having an ideal environment for big Marra to come into would be part of the motivation to sort that out.
We're working on that, will already have at least one indigenous kid at the club next year (CCP) and possibly a trade in or two.

This whole JUH scenario gives me anxiety. Just because you’d want him to be that absolute weapon forward we’ve always cried out for and it also gives me anxiety we’ll get screwed over by the AFL and miss out on him..

Ahhhh I need a drink

Remove this Banner Ad

Back