Toast Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Welcome to the club

Remove this Banner Ad

So you think it would be a good thing that guys like Matt Rowell, Walsh, Bailey Smith shouldn’t be allowed to enter the draft at 18 and should be made to wait 12 months? Ridiculous

I didn't say anything about my own opinion, was simply responding to your query about why Bevo would have said that even though it could mean losing JUH. It's an interesting issue and Beveridge would be a good person to listen to about it. He has significant experience and clearly a lot of care for the players he coaches - as people first and as footballers second - which a lot of other coaches seem to lack.

Sammy Power has done a good job so far. Didn’t get forced into overpaying for Bruce or Keath last year when he could have folded and done just that. I reckon he will have a Good plan.
It's going to be interesting to watch how Sammy handles this.

A lot of stuff a list manager does is humdrum (though quite important). However a few times a year they really need to be on the ball because the way they handle those situations can have a long-lasting impact on the club's fortunes.

This is one of those situations. I hope to see how astute he is.

If a bid comes at pick 1, I dare say we split our 2021 first rounder into a 2020 second & a 2021 second. Only feasible way we don’t destroy both draft hands with points deficit.

Can then look to swap the two 2021 seconds to try and get back into the 2021 first round or use both on our father sons next year if they’re any good.

I wonder whether McLean was that guy?
Could throw a spanner in our plans if he was.

I had a similar thought a few weeks back, that the club and/or Toby may be contemplating a change. The ACL may well have secured his spot at the Western Oval for at least another year or two. If that was the case, it surely means someone else is now in the gun.

This was posted online earlier. Not sure of it’s accuracy and I thought a few had contracts next year (Lloyd and Gowers at least).

Sorry if it’s been posted previously.
3B5004A1-E5CC-4C33-98B6-7120F27EB227.jpeg

Can see six or seven that would likely go without much hesitation.

This was posted online earlier. Not sure of it’s accuracy and I thought a few had contracts next year (Lloyd and Gowers at least).

Sorry if it’s been posted previously.
View attachment 962303

Can see six or seven that would likely go without much hesitation.

Putting a pragmatic hat on (don't wear it very often when discussing our players tbh!), losing almost any sub-set combination of that group is palatable if we can replace them with better options. My only exceptions would be:

- Duryea is currently the only best-22 on that list, so would be a monty to be renewed (and as we saw last game, allows JJ to play upfield and be far more damaging) and allows Crozier to push up occasionally as well
- keep Cavarra as a small forward option (in preference to Lloyd)
- unless we can pickup an experienced/capable backup ruck and another development/project ruck, one of Sweet/Trengove would need to be retained
- still hold out some hope for Lachie Young (as a defender, not that ridiculous forward experiment a few weeks back!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LDU is a quality player. The expectations were crazy and he is in a horrible team.
By disappointing I mean he hasn't lived up to his lofty expectations. Poor way of expressing it. Actually really enjoy watching LDU and his stoppage work and he can be a player, but the Norf faithful were expecting him to be Judd like. My implication was more about my hope that JUH lives up to the expectations that have been placed on him.

Wonder if we'll give him the number 8 that's likely to be vacated by Trengove next year? Could possibly want 37 (Goodes) if Roarke Smith leaves, or potentially move Laith to 8 and he can take 23 (Buddy)

Wonder if we'll give him the number 8 that's likely to be vacated by Trengove next year? Could possibly want 37 (Goodes) if Roarke Smith leaves, or potentially move Laith to 8 and he can take 23 (Buddy)

Some number discussion on page 42, suggestions being 23 and 51.

Also such a bloody shame that Elijah Taylor got Goodes' number.

Would 54 be too much pressure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back