Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dave, I don’t HATE anyone. Not in my biological makeup to hate.
Do I think Aish isn’t the player we need for silverware?
Yes.
And guess what, there are other players I believe aren’t in our silverware future.
But for some reason there are those who are so invested in their Aish love that there is no room for critical appraisal.
I know your one who loves the Aish. And good on you.
But there are posters, you know them, who prefer to deny the awful truth because others point it out.
Happy for you to make up your own mind. If it’s not to my view, so be it.
Won’t change my respect for you our your passion.

Got Ya Black_White and I guess makes us Discuss players that we all don't have the Same View of them

Then would you trust the Club at All Then?

Well then you could say outside of a Few Top Prospects they could shop just about every player

Clubs make mistakes Dave.
But they are extremely slow in admitting those mistakes. Because inner sanctum people’s jobs are at risk.
I’ve said it before, the top six players at any club are untouchable, but the rest? Always up for trade/delisting. Preferably trade because you may profit from that.

Trivia question....who wrote their first hit?
I’ll assume you mean “Satisfaction”
As such both Mick Jagger and Keith Richards did but the story goes that Keith Richards recorded it on a tape recorder (as you did back in the day) but fell asleep and the machine recorded his snoring and some muttering or what not with the words “can’t get no satisfaction”... so from there the song grew legs.

The rest is history.

I’ll assume you mean “Satisfaction”
As such both Mick Jagger and Keith Richards did but the story goes that Keith Richards recorded it on a tape recorder (as you did back in the day) but fell asleep and the machine recorded his snoring and some muttering or what not with the words “can’t get no satisfaction”... so from there the song grew legs.

The rest is history.

Incorrect.

Their first hit was written by Lennon and McCartney.

I Wanna Be Your Man.

Yes indeed, the Stones first hit was n fact a Beatles song.

Incorrect.

Their first hit was written by Lennon and McCartney.

I Wanna Be Your Man.

Yes indeed, the Stones first hit was n fact a Beatles song.
I’d have pegged the song as a minor hit for them, doing ok in England (I’m sure it was not top 10) and doing no business in the USA.

Certainly it was a Lennon McCartney tune which they gave them, but I’m sure John Lennon commented on it as a basic type of song which they thought might suit the Stones. But they also didn’t think of it as a great song as they weren’t going to give them anything particularly great.

The Rolling Stones version was more in their style too.

Certainly the Beatles played a roll with the RS.

Must have been an amazing creative time for pop music then.

James Aish has done well.

Someone who plays down back is Going to Turn the Ball over in the Oppostion Forward Line. WHAT A SHOCK

This may be the first time I have seen you capable of sarcasm Dave.

Just to spell it out for you - Aish's turnovers hurt more than Treloar's turnovers because Aish's are deep in defence.

This is all I am going to say on this topic.

Delisted was the wrong word.
But traded out of Collingwood?
Yes, a real possibility not that long ago.
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl...-james-magpies-pies/bxs3jp4k5f531nt2q7nkfemb6
From memory he was one of two out of contract very late in the piece. We extended his and ditched Ramsay. At the time there wasn’t all that much between them.

James has been solid to good since.

Edit: or I’m just making s**t up as I can’t find any source for it now. I swear I remember it playing out like that, at the very least per conjecture on here as we were signing away the last of our players in 2017?

Last edited:
The Rolling Stones were a great band, but when they first started playing together, before they got their groove in, they were a messy shambles. Those who liked them then weren't so sharp.:p
Define great band - I always thought that they were shambolic grifters who skunged every blues lick they could misappropriate and butcher with barely competent playing skills ..... but that's just me

Define great band - I always thought that they were shambolic grifters who skunged every blues lick they could misappropriate and butcher with barely competent playing skills ..... but that's just me
You have just proved that there are times when booing is appropriate and socially acceptable.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

The fact that there was a rumour, no matter how substantiated, allows the original poster to claim there was movement on Aish’s position at CFC.
I’m sure there were feelers out from CFC about a possible trade, as there are feelers out on any non top 6 player at any club in any year. That’s just the way it is in the AFL. Very few players are untouchable.
The feelers would have been out, the reporting would have been correct, but let’s face it, who would have had a nibble?
Not even Carlton, and they took Faz!
It was a Brian Waldron rumour... that should have been more than enough to dismiss it as bs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like a lot of british blues bands.....a very good cover band and if you want to be generous, a very good interpreter of translating the blues into a marshall amp world...they did really well in the late 60s, early 70s but ran out of ideas as the years went by. Mick was pretty unique and a fantastic businessman. The image they created was outstanding and is up there with Nike. Actually you could use that for Led Zep too. At the time, I didnt know nuttin about Willie Dixon, Muddy Waters etc...even chuck berry to some degree... so it all sounded very creative. It's funny how you hear covers today of 80s and 90s hits and just want to tell people to listen to the original and have a better listening experience. Still I like the Stones for what they were.

Like a lot of british blues bands.....a very good cover band and if you want to be generous, a very good interpreter of translating the blues into a marshall amp world...they did really well in the late 60s, early 70s but ran out of ideas as the years went by. Mick was pretty unique and a fantastic businessman. The image they created was outstanding and is up there with Nike. Actually you could use that for Led Zep too. At the time, I didnt know nuttin about Willie Dixon, Muddy Waters etc...even chuck berry to some degree... so it all sounded very creative. It's funny how you hear covers today of 80s and 90s hits and just want to tell people to listen to the original and have a better listening experience. Still I like the Stones for what they were.
On point.
As a consumer of that genre at that time, I have been seriously bemused by the stature of both the Stones and Led Zep. I shouldn't be - as you say Mick was a fantastic businessman and Zep had the greatest manager of all time who managed to convince everyone that plagiarism was creative mastery. Both bands were enjoyable but their shadows are much taller than their souls. Still, I'd rather listen to an hour of either band then 10 minutes of the calculated LCD aural pap that is served up now.

Those times were rich with change and diversity some very big sounds indeed.

For me it was a rich mixture of Simon and Garfunkel, CCR, Deep Purple and Slade.

Now that there is an eclectic mixture lol.
THose were the days indeed - record collections were collections - not unusual to spy George Benson, Deep Purple, the Eagles and Barry White in one of those K Tel record selector thingys

Dave, I don’t HATE anyone. Not in my biological makeup to hate.
Do I think Aish isn’t the player we need for silverware?
Yes.
And guess what, there are other players I believe aren’t in our silverware future.
But for some reason there are those who are so invested in their Aish love that there is no room for critical appraisal.
I know your one who loves the Aish. And good on you.
But there are posters, you know them, who prefer to deny the awful truth because others point it out.
Happy for you to make up your own mind. If it’s not to my view, so be it.
Won’t change my respect for you our your passion.
Half are your posts about Aish are not critical appraisal.

How is saying ‘no club would take him, not even Carlton, and they took faz’ critical appraisal?

On point.
As a consumer of that genre at that time, I have been seriously bemused by the stature of both the Stones and Led Zep. I shouldn't be - as you say Mick was a fantastic businessman and Zep had the greatest manager of all time who managed to convince everyone that plagiarism was creative mastery. Both bands were enjoyable but their shadows are much taller than their souls. Still, I'd rather listen to an hour of either band then 10 minutes of the calculated LCD aural pap that is served up now.

razor sharp.. i had a laugh when i thought about peter grant who was credited at the time with mythical zen powers. Can I just add a comment about the current female singers who blast out at woolies during my 5 minute shopping smash and grabs, who are more like dog whistles than singers. One exception that I have to admit to, who I love, is ariana grande in her youtube videos which i enjoy immensely with the sound off.

Trivia question....who wrote their first hit?

Depends on what you mean by "hit". Did a lot of covers early of songs written by Norman Mead, Buddy Holly and Chuck Berry. Even covered Lennon and McCartney numbers. I think it might have been Heat of Stone or Tell Me was their first self penned success.

Aish has done alright, definitely improved. In an ideal world where everybody is fit, Greenwood is ahead of him as that small/med defender and Aish is an emergency.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back