Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

My biggest worry is that we have Overrated James Aish

Not like he cost us two first rounders or anything. There are much bigger things to worry about. :)

He'll end up being a good player for us. We may just have to be a little patient, or he may slot into the 22 early on. He clearly has the talent, it's just about taking opportunities, given our midfield depth.

The jury is out on Aish I guess until he starts playing. His first year was as good as you want from a first year player, his second was as bad as you want from a second year player.

I think he definitely is a class player its just whether he can mentally apply himself when the going gets tough. I feel this was Paul Seedsman's greatest problem.

I would like Aish playing across half back. He reads it well, uses it well and probably needs it to learn to tighten up the defensive aspects of his game. We were pretty poor transitioning out of defense last year. Scharenburg would have improved us in this regard, but now we need to look at other options and Aish is capable of doing this job.

My biggest worry is that we have Overrated James Aish
Only time will tell and not that big a deal as it didn't cost us much as others have stated.
I think as supporters we do to look at a player and he becomes a favourite and we tend to overrate him or think that he is better than he is.
All part of being a supporter.

The jury is out on Aish I guess until he starts playing. His first year was as good as you want from a first year player, his second was as bad as you want from a second year player.

I think he definitely is a class player its just whether he can mentally apply himself when the going gets tough. I feel this was Paul Seedsman's greatest problem.

I would like Aish playing across half back. He reads it well, uses it well and probably needs it to learn to tighten up the defensive aspects of his game. We were pretty poor transitioning out of defense last year. Scharenburg would have improved us in this regard, but now we need to look at other options and Aish is capable of doing this job.

I'm optimistic that his first year is a greater representation of his ability than his second.

In his second year he obviously didn't really want to be there, picked up a few niggling injuries, and probably lost faith (mutually) with the playing group and coach.

Reckon he'll come good in spades over the next couple years.

Personally I'd rather be spending a couple second rounders on known quality, than just have a punt on 2 possible duds.

I reckon these threads can be valuable as time capsules. But it's also worth stating that the 'welcome to Collingwood' threads should really serve that function as they register people's early impressions and expectations of players. I for one have been somewhat doubtful about Aish and may end up looking a tit, but for the record, training reports seem to suggest he is pretty clean if not super impactful.

I reckon the reality is that this thread will sink and actually it is probably interference when someone dredges it up. It would be more useful to pump-prime the 'Welcome to Collingwood' threads so that it is more one-stop. Aliens will ask, who is this Tradedraft and how did he come to wield such power?

p.s. Old mods never die, just multiply

Not like he cost us two first rounders or anything. There are much bigger things to worry about. :)

He'll end up being a good player for us. We may just have to be a little patient, or he may slot into the 22 early on. He clearly has the talent, it's just about taking opportunities, given our midfield depth.

Some People are saying he could be as Pendles. He plays Similar but does not mean he that be good.

I see he can be a Utter Gun or someone like Gibbs who is a Lovely Kick/User of the Ball but lack a Inside/Contested side of his game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some People are saying he could be as Pendles. He plays Similar but does not mean he that be good.

I see he can be a Utter Gun or someone like Gibbs who is a Lovely Kick/User of the Ball but lack a Inside/Contested side of his game
If he's as good as Gibbs, I'll be quite content

I don't think Gibbs lacks an inside game, he just doesn't use it as much and would rather get it on the outside.

If he's as good as Gibbs, I'll be quite content

Agree - IF he is good as Gibbs. You won't complain too much and Gibbs is the type of Player we are Missing. With his Foot Skills/Descion Making/Kicking Skills

Remove this Banner Ad

Back