Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

James was a very ordinary footballer for Collingwood. Might have been more system/environment based, considering the way players appear to leave and improve.

Good luck to him.
Opportunity more so, at Collingwood he was played in spurts and out of position. Boy could we use hardness, and skill at the moment. Good luck to him

James was a very ordinary footballer for Collingwood. Might have been more system/environment based, considering the way players appear to leave and improve.

Good luck to him.

Aish is another that Buckley never played in the right position (Brisbane did the same). He is more of an inside player but was often played as an outside type, I guess early on cos of his light build but he never really had the pace or skill to be good in that role. I rate Longmuir as a coach, think he is very astute, he grabbed Aish and played him in a more inside role.

Poor old Bucks had it round the wrong way Aish inside, Treloar outside. And yes I know in his final year Aish was a small defender.

i didn't mind Aish, but his leg speed wasn't great. I don't know whether it was a case we didn't want Aish or more that we needed to find cap relief and all were under contract (or unwanted by other clubs), that AIsh was the only one who was offered some certainty and a good contract from Freo. And good luck to him. Hope he continues to do well for them.

We seem to have plenty of players under 187cm who are relatively slow.
And we still do.

Hopefully by next season we have Mayne out and Poulter in. That in its own will boost our speed considerably.

Poor old Bucks had it round the wrong way Aish inside, Treloar outside
Treloar outside a mistake? I think it's more circumstance. His pace wasn't there in '19 and only just started to return in '20 as a result of his hammy. His kicking can also be a bit hit and miss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back