Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

No but I saw a snippet of the game and saw Broomhead was able to use his pace and hit a target. He has what we need and Aish just isn't in good form.
Broomhead was our best a fortnight ago and he is a genuine run and carry player. If he stays fit he's easily in our best 22. Problem is everytime he's looked like he's gotten injured.

He might have been a premiership player but my point is that at the same stage, Beams was as inconsistent as Aish. Let's be honest it wasn't like Beamsy was a major contributor to our flag success.
Forget stats etc. Beams had IT from early on. With some players you can tell. I personally can't see anything in Aish. That's not to say he won't develop into a good player but he's been underwhelming so far and from what little I saw of him last that is a continuation. Happy to give him time but he isn't a first grade AFL player right now.

Aish is getting a free ride by being in the team at the moment, he seems to have been gifted 50 senior games for doing what? He just doesn't have anything to work with. Jack Watts at least has good skills and is a good decision maker, despite not being a competitor, he had something you could hold on to.
What has Aish got?

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

Aish is getting a free ride by being in the team at the moment, he seems to have been gifted 50 senior games for doing what? He just doesn't have anything to work with. Jack Watts at least has good skills and is a good decision maker, despite not being a competitor, he had something you could hold on to.
What has Aish got?

A bad haircut

I'm sure he just needs some confidence, he's a quiet introverted lad, coming to the biggest club in the land, with the whole leading teams accountability bizzo I'm sure it's quite the change.

That moment on Anzac day where instead of centering it to the goal square he deferred and handballed back to sidey who did what he should have showed this, among other things.

Once he feels he belongs, builds his self belief and feels he has the green light from his teammates I think he'll be fine.

On Aish, don't forget that Adams was useless when in his first season for us as well.

I think your over exaggerating. Whilst he was poor early on he was also played out of position on the wing and at half back. Got going later in the year once he got a consistent run at it as an inside midfielder but was struck down with a finger injury prematurely ending his yearl

Aish being an elite kick is just a big of a myth as him being a horrible kick.

He is somewhere in between, certainly not as bad as his stats suggest but he hasn't shown any elite kicking ability really, even in his junior days he was just good. Was hoping he could fix our kicking woes but he just appears to be an average ball user, nothing special.

That's why I said 'I've been told...etc '...but to give him his due he does seem to have good awareness of what is happening around him. Maybe too much....as that aborted shot on goal on the weekend showed. He kinda reminds me of a first year Sidebottom....upper body size needs work as well..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What has Aish got?

I dunno...Watts has committed some howlers over his career...Two weeks ago...Oh I've taken a mark within kicking range, lets do a dinky short pass to a guy standing still with a North player bearing down on him...hhhmmm... but I do think Wattsy gets a bad run cos he does do some pretty clever stuff.

I think your over exaggerating. Whilst he was poor early on he was also played out of position on the wing and at half back. Got going later in the year once he got a consistent run at it as an inside midfielder but was struck down with a finger injury prematurely ending his yearl
Yeah that's right but it's still only round 5, way too early to write Aish off which was my point.

Im against dropping him. I see persisting with him in the seniors as the most beneficial way of developing him, much like Chris Scott said on AFL 360, more often then not he gets better results from players by backing them in then dropping them back to Vfl. Aish needs a game dominating AFL football, and i think he'll get a run on. Not a game dominating VFL

Nice username

Did not look to bad at the HBF on Anzac Day

Serious recency bias going on here; was decent against Melbourne and to a lesser extent Richmond. He's working his way into a new team after a modified preseason where he didn't get to do a lot with his teammates... I think looking a little lost at times is to be expected.

Serious recency bias going on here; was decent against Melbourne and to a lesser extent Richmond. He's working his way into a new team after a modified preseason where he didn't get to do a lot with his teammates... I think looking a little lost at times is to be expected.

and Be Many Players that took awhile to fit in the Team and come good.

Treloar fitted in Right Away but that is more Exception then the Rule

What has Aish got?

36 games according to wikipedia, which is a few more than Taylor Adams played for GWS. Would you say he has improved quite a bit since he got here?

36 games according to wikipedia, which is a few more than Taylor Adams played for GWS. Would you say he has improved quite a bit since he got here?

But Aish did not want to be there in his 2nd Season

What has Aish got?

I get the feeling you don't like Aish? I'm I sensing correctly?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back