Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Very strange article by Ralph. Heeney is outperforming a majority of youngsters in the league, why single out Aish? There seems no real basis for the comparison apart from the both being young.

Because he is still Pissed about Treloar Choosing Collingwood over his Precious Bitchmond.

Also he Reads BigFooty;)

Come on Dave you complain about all the negativity on here at the moment and then you write of Aish like that?

You backed up Adams when he started with us so give Aish a chance mate........you're better than that.

I am not Writing off Aish but Stats and what we See is Damming.

Hopefully he lifts with the Heat On Him.

Stats show he is as good as the Team Plays and how badly we are playing means he is not getting the Ball he Normally Would

I never remember Reading the Experts or See anything that said he had this Problem.

A few Posters said stuff like that but most of the Big People on the Draft and Trade Board Wrote it off

Yeah, I follow the draft reasonable closely most years. TBH I didnt follow Aish much that year as he was always that top 3 type but slide late and on trade day I was surprised the Lions got him at 7 purely based off the junior hype. His 1st year was actually pretty solid in terms of general output (not sure about contested ball and specifics) and I was pretty content the Lions had a player. The 2nd year he was horrible and in particular I really noticed the lack of contested ball when he was 1 on 1. I still remember the time I lost most my faith in him, He was running 1-1 towards a loose ball and actually had the advantage to get first to the ball. Zorko came from now where and beat a timid Aish to the ball (and subsequently gave Aish a roast). Anyway Aish has no where to hide now playing on the big stage with the Pies. He really needs to step up

haha... id get it within the hour if that was the case (no biased) :D

Honest question B. pony.

What is your interest in Aish?

It's ok if it is negative mods here owe me one I've got your back.......be honest.

Truth is I have been banned on the Lions board for less.

Yeah, I follow the draft reasonable closely most years. TBH I didnt follow Aish much that year as he was always that top 3 type but slide late and on trade day I was surprised the Lions got him at 7 purely based off the junior hype. His 1st year was actually pretty solid in terms of general output (not sure about contested ball and specifics) and I was pretty content the Lions had a player. The 2nd year he was horrible and in particular I really noticed the lack of contested ball when he was 1 on 1. I still remember the time I lost most my faith in him, He was running 1-1 towards a loose ball and actually had the advantage to get first to the ball. Zorko came from now where and beat a timid Aish to the ball (and subsequently gave Aish a roast). Anyway Aish has no where to hide now playing on the big stage with the Pies. He really needs to step up

This probably be the Making or the Losing of Aish.

The lack of Contested Ball might been the Reason he Dropped after the Season when teams could see all the Stats.

Hopefully he see this as a Massive Weakness and Works on it OR he be gone Quickly

This week does answer questions about his intent and effort levels going forward.
Yep he's 20......The better comparison for the article is bomtempelli. Both born November 1995 and both have played 37 senior games.
Both top 10 picks in the open market.

Why are you comparing him to the Bont?

Compare him to a top ten draftee that is playing in a s**t team like ours.

I am not defending him........the truth is I saw him do something in the Carlton game that nearly made me leave my seat.

My point is it isn't sink or swim as you suggested this week...........we can agree to disagree on that point.

Honest question B. pony.

What is your interest in Aish?

It's ok if it is negative mods here owe me one I've got your back.......be honest.

Truth is I have been banned on the Lions board for less.

In terms of AFL I actually have a pretty broad interest. I do have Aish in a Keepers league which keeps me interested haha. And naturally being a ex-lions there is that interest. Overall, Ive lost a lost of faith in the Lions over the short to medium term at least (I still follow to watch any progress), and I find myself following AFL more broadly. If I could have a option to take the Lions supporter flag thing off my profile I would. Not because I dont care about the lions but I like to discuss a lot of things across the broader AFL and I feel at least 90% of the time im keep things pretty constructive (still get my rage/bad days)

I am not Writing off Aish but Stats and what we See is Damming.

Hopefully he lifts with the Heat On Him.

Stats show he is as good as the Team Plays and how badly we are playing means he is not getting the Ball he Normally Would

Dave have you seen our teams stats?

Besides Treloar I wouldn't give any other player in our team a pass mark this year.........but that is just me.

Dave have you seen our teams stats?

Besides Treloar I wouldn't give any other player in our team a pass mark this year.........but that is just me.

I give:

• Moore
  • Pendles
  • Adams
Passes

I have seen Aish's Stats and Outside of the 20 Touch game vs Dees he just gets about 10 Touches

I missed that. What did he say?

"I'm sure he wants to do better.... but he needs to realise it's a tough game and if ya, for all the, I mean....(deep breath looking for the right words)."
"For all the Passion he has for, the obvious passion he has for the sport...um..to reach AFL level and to be successful at AFL he's, he is going to need to find a little bit more."
"That's the second...he didn't play last week but 2 weeks ago just the 3 or 4 handballs I think in the first half, I think it was 2 touches at half time today and we were trying, we were trying...to manipulate the side and move it around to put, to find where he could be of significance for us."
"and with Broomhead hobbled and Reidy pretty sore it was um, you know we were shuffling the deck chairs a little bit and you don't like to be in that position as a, as a coaching staff but we were there, in the second half."

These are his exact words from the post match press conference...verbatim.

This probably be the Making or the Losing of Aish.

The lack of Contested Ball might been the Reason he Dropped after the Season when teams could see all the Stats.

Hopefully he see this as a Massive Weakness and Works on it OR he be gone Quickly

Some players get away with lack of contested ball as a strength. Although I think Aish needs to improve this I think he needs to get better at demanding the ball on the spread. Often I see him flat footed with arms out trying to get a soft ball from team mates and have noticed team mates carry the ball past him many times. He needs some gut running into his game style because he has good skills and users it pretty well when not rush hand balling within a cluster on 10 players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"I'm sure he wants to do better.... but he needs to realise it's a tough game and if ya, for all the, I mean....(deep breath looking for the right words)."
"For all the Passion he has for, the obvious passion he has for the sport...um..to reach AFL level and to be successful at AFL he's, he is going to need to find a little bit more."
"That's the second...he didn't play last week but 2 weeks ago just the 3 or 4 handballs I think in the first half, I think it was 2 touches at half time today and we were trying, we were trying...to manipulate the side and move it around to put to find where he could be of significance for us."
"and with Broomhead hobbled and Reidy pretty sore it was um, you know we were shuffling the deck chairs a little bit and you don't like to be in that position as a, as a coaching staff but we were there, in the second half."

You bet at the Monday Meeting they always have. Aish would of got a Rocket like Witts got a Few Years Ago

"That's the second...he didn't play last week but 2 weeks ago just the 3 or 4 handballs I think in the first half, I think it was 2 touches at half time today and we were trying, we were trying...to manipulate the side and move it around to put, to find where he could be of significance for us."

These are his exact words from the post match press conference...verbatim.

I remember Aish had a monster game (Possession wise) in his 1st season. I can remember what role he had there but Aish should look back to that as inspiration

Some players get away with lack of contested ball as a strength. Although I think Aish needs to improve this I think he needs to get better at demanding the ball on the spread. Often I see him flat footed with arms out trying to get a soft ball from team mates and have noticed team mates carry the ball past him many times. He needs some gut running into his game style because he has good skills and users it pretty well when not rush hand balling within a cluster on 10 players

I read he has not had a Full Pre-Season in the AFL. So is he not Fit Enough to do a Lot of Gut Running?

Because when he get's the Ball he can be very Classy.

I remember Aish had a monster game (Possession wise) in his 1st season. I can remember what role he had there but Aish should look back to that as inspiration

Is it this Game?:

In terms of AFL I actually have a pretty broad interest. I do have Aish in a Keepers league which keeps me interested haha. And naturally being a ex-lions there is that interest. Overall, Ive lost a lost of faith in the Lions over the short to medium term at least (I still follow to watch any progress), and I find myself following AFL more broadly. If I could have a option to take the Lions supporter flag thing off my profile I would. Not because I dont care about the lions but I like to discuss a lot of things across the broader AFL and I feel at least 90% of the time im keep things pretty constructive (still get my rage/bad days)

Look I read your reply to Dave before I posted my question.

You seem like a normal Lions supporter :drunk: I didn't think they existed but I appreciate your post all the same.

When Aish came to Collingwood I likened him to a player at the Hawks........lucky I haven't shared who that player was because I would have egg on my face.

I agree with you he needs to lift significantly...........the rest of the season will be a good indication what he will provide for us in the future.

Why are you comparing him to the Bont?

Compare him to a top ten draftee that is playing in a s**t team like ours.

I am not defending him........the truth is I saw him do something in the Carlton game that nearly made me leave my seat.

My point is it isn't sink or swim as you suggested this week...........we can agree to disagree on that point.
Umm....the comparison because they have played exactly the same games and are the same age.
The comparison is of the individuals not the team. You can be a great player in a poor team...
This guy hasn't played 3 or 4 games. If he can't/ won't step up with the coach calling him out, plus the media, plus playing against his old team, I don't hold that much hope for him sorry. But of course that is my current opinion.
Again, hopefully he pulls his finger out and shows some heart.

Umm....the comparison because they have played exactly the same games and are the same age.
The comparison is of the individuals not the team. You can be a great player in a poor team...
This guy hasn't played 3 or 4 games. If he can't/ won't step up with the coach calling him out, plus the media, plus playing against his old team, I don't hold that much hope for him sorry. But of course that is my current opinion.
Again, hopefully he pulls his finger out and shows some heart.

Re your bolded part I thought as much.

I learnt my lesson about writing of our young players a long time ago.

The last two players I did it with are B.Johnson and A.Toovey........both went on to win a premiership.

Lesson learnt for me anyway.

Re your bolded part I thought as much.

I learnt my lesson about writing of our young players a long time ago.

The last two players I did it with are B.Johnson and A.Toovey........both went on to win a premiership.

Lesson learnt for me anyway.
I do actually hope he plays well and becomes a consistent b grade player. IMO, I think we will learn about his character this weekend.

Re: Johnson and Toovey.. haha I'm with you, you don't have to be a great player to be at the right place at the right time. I've always thought Toovey was/ is very average.

I do actually hope he plays well and becomes a consistent b grade player. IMO, I think we will learn about his character this weekend.

Re: Johnson and Toovey.. haha I'm with you, you don't have to be a great player to be at the right place at the right time. I've always thought Toovey was/ is very average.

He wasn't in 2010 when it mattered.

My point is don't judge them when they are young or too old.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back