Confirmed James Aish [traded with #69 and future 3rd to Fremantle for future 2nd & 4th]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gutsroy

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2013
Switzerland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Funny that Hill would cost more because he was a contracted player but Aish who is also contracted is worth less to Freo supporters.
We are seemingly looking to offload / happy to let him go if he can get a longer-term offer and it frees up cap space,.
Dockers didn’t want to let Hill go, he was under contract for a couple more years, has probably reached his peak price, so apples and oranges there, I reckon.

Hogwild

Debutant
Oct 10, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
We are seemingly looking to offload / happy to let him go if he can get a longer-term offer and it frees up cap space,.
Dockers didn’t want to let Hill go, he was under contract for a couple more years, has probably reached his peak price, so apples and oranges there, I reckon.
Geez Mick do you just spend your life jumping from post to post to wind up Freo supporters?
Surely you can see that this is a totally different situation because of the Pies need to free up cap space. Give it a rest!

Hogwild

Debutant
Oct 10, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Spot on

MickG88

Debutant
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just pointing out a opinion I thought I would part on this thread wasn't really trying to compare apples to apples just making a point to consider.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stifler's mom

Premium Platinum
Jan 29, 2007
Glen Iris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
liverpool - Walk On!
Haven't seen enough of him to comment really. Drafted to Brisbane as a mid/wing after 2yrs of senior footy in Adelaide and twice an U/18 AA. Played 21 games in his first season at Brisbane ave 17 disposals. Playing as a small defender at the Pies. With two wingmen leaving Fremantle could a return to the midfield be an option? Plays most of next season as a 24yo.

If nothing else, would see him as a significant upgrade on Colyer who only has a year to run and most likely wouldn't get another deal.

Interested in other thoughts/comments.

i think you will be pleasantly surprised with Aish.
He has improved steadily every year and has his best footy in front of him.

personally I would rather have traded Josh Thomas or even, dare I say it, Tom Phillips.

i wish him all the best.

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Hope Aish goes well with the Dockers.
Seems a good fella and was judged pretty harshly by some.
Wonder if Freo will play him down back or off a wing.
you'd have to say off a wing, given we just lost our 2 best wingers in B Hill and Langdon this week.

probably there are no ready made wingers in the draft, so we need some experience and a mature body in there.

Top Bottom