Traded James Aish [traded with #69 and future 3rd to Fremantle for future 2nd & 4th]

Funny that Hill would cost more because he was a contracted player but Aish who is also contracted is worth less to Freo supporters.

We are seemingly looking to offload / happy to let him go if he can get a longer-term offer and it frees up cap space,.
Dockers didn’t want to let Hill go, he was under contract for a couple more years, has probably reached his peak price, so apples and oranges there, I reckon.

Hogwild

Team Captain
Oct 10, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
We are seemingly looking to offload / happy to let him go if he can get a longer-term offer and it frees up cap space,.
Dockers didn’t want to let Hill go, he was under contract for a couple more years, has probably reached his peak price, so apples and oranges there, I reckon.
Geez Mick do you just spend your life jumping from post to post to wind up Freo supporters?
Surely you can see that this is a totally different situation because of the Pies need to free up cap space. Give it a rest!

Hogwild

Team Captain
Oct 10, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Spot on

MickG88

Club Legend
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Freo fans seem on edge by my comment. I thought I was allowed to make comments, read them or don't, no sweat off my sack.

MickG88

Club Legend
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just pointing out a opinion I thought I would part on this thread wasn't really trying to compare apples to apples just making a point to consider.

Effectively got him + pick 69 this year for a future 2nd rounder (low 20s) with a 5-8 pick downgrade later in the 2020 draft.

So pretty much Nothing like what we did in the Darcy Cameron Trade

Stifler's mom

Premium Platinum
Jan 29, 2007
Glen Iris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
liverpool - Walk On!
Haven't seen enough of him to comment really. Drafted to Brisbane as a mid/wing after 2yrs of senior footy in Adelaide and twice an U/18 AA. Played 21 games in his first season at Brisbane ave 17 disposals. Playing as a small defender at the Pies. With two wingmen leaving Fremantle could a return to the midfield be an option? Plays most of next season as a 24yo.

If nothing else, would see him as a significant upgrade on Colyer who only has a year to run and most likely wouldn't get another deal.

Interested in other thoughts/comments.

i think you will be pleasantly surprised with Aish.
He has improved steadily every year and has his best footy in front of him.

personally I would rather have traded Josh Thomas or even, dare I say it, Tom Phillips.

i wish him all the best.

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Hope Aish goes well with the Dockers.
Seems a good fella and was judged pretty harshly by some.
Wonder if Freo will play him down back or off a wing.

you'd have to say off a wing, given we just lost our 2 best wingers in B Hill and Langdon this week.

probably there are no ready made wingers in the draft, so we need some experience and a mature body in there.

Back