Traded James Aish [traded with #69 and future 3rd to Fremantle for future 2nd & 4th]

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pies won this trade comfortably. Freo will still be bottom 4 in 2020, a 2nd and 4th round picks for him and a future 3rd js a tidy piece of business.
Cool story bro. Freo weren't bottom 4 this year, nor last year, nor the year before. We've only been bottom 4 once (3rd bottom) in over a decade. We also used StK's future picks not ours.

Sometimes you have to pay overs to just get in the player who wants to come to you ;) Only amateurs fail and then have a big cry about it and hope the AFL turn a blind eye to their attempted manipulation of the PSD. * some people are clueless.

Crazy Tails

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2006
Collingwood Heartland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Is there any other teams?
Pies won this trade comfortably. Freo will still be bottom 4 in 2020, a 2nd and 4th round picks for him and a future 3rd js a tidy piece of business.

The future 2nd and future 4th sent to Collingwood are linked to St Kilda’s ladder position not Freo’s. Dockers traded out the future picks they got in on the Hill deal back out to Pies for Aish.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
The future 2nd and future 4th sent to Collingwood are linked to St Kilda’s ladder position not Freo’s. Dockers traded out the future picks they got in on the Hill deal back out to Pies for Aish.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Still, I don't think the Saints will be that flash next year, so I think it's a great deal for a player that probably was surplus to requirements at Collingwood.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
The trade details are in the heading and you still can't get it right
imgres-1.jpg

We have Saints Picks NOT Freo Picks

Would love to have been in the room for negotiating which 2nd rounder Pies wanted. Would tell you how each team rates each club.

Think Pies was just trying to just get the Best Deal done for Aish as they waited to the Last Minute to Accept Freo's Offer

Happy to back in Longmuir's judgement on this one given how closely he'd have worked with Aish over the last two years

That where I am going with though its not a good sign IMO that Longmuir rates Aish.

Time will tell. He could end up being a solid average player and for what you gave up, that would be a win.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
That where I am going with though its not a good sign IMO that Longmuir rates Aish.

Time will tell. He could end up being a solid average player and for what you gave up, that would be a win.
He's already a solid average player isn't he? Don't think there are expectations beyond what he has already produced, apart from that he may find himself playing in his preferred position in the midfield/wing.

The fact that neither the Crows or Power made any play for a SA player like Aish probably speaks to his likely value to Freo.
Maybe Adelaide were too busy trying to find someone who wanted to coach them and Port were too busy getting rid of good players for nothing.

Not really, no.
Yeah really.

He’s already a solid average player. Even if BF pundits don’t want to admit it he was best 22 at Collingwood this year, evidenced by the fact he was twice thrown straight back in the seniors from lengthy injury layoffs this year rather than earning his way back in the VFL, and was a component of the second best defence in the league.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
The fact that neither the Crows or Power made any play for a SA player like Aish probably speaks to his likely value to Freo.
We don’t know what went on.

It might be thstwe Freo offered more money and years than the SA teams wanted to.

Plus, Port and the Crows are ok for wingerand small defenders.

Also, he knows JLo and it’s always better for players to be coach who believes in you.

Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle

Aish called JLo the best coach he's ever had. That just might have had something to do with it.

I'm not sure many would want to go to the crows at the moment with confirmed culture issues and clear mistakes at a leadership level.

Cost Pyke his job, cost players and burnt two years when the crows should have been contending. Downplaying a players ability because they didn't go to the crows and saying it's a bad sign for JLo is comical to say the least.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Longmuir rates Aish. Adelaide didn't have a coach and Port were focussing on Orazio, then had a little hissy fit when it didn't work.

Neale didn't go to either SA team either, guess he's a spud

Back