James Aish

Remove this Banner Ad

Trevor Chappell played test cricket - Not many tests, obviously, especially compared to his brothers. I thought the comparison was pretty apt

I recon if Andrew Aish continued playing he likely would have developed into a very good player. Took a good specky and played for SA. But we will never know. I remember being pretty disappointed when he chucked it in. I've seen James Aish do some good stuff but like his dad and uncle he's pretty lite for the AFL monsters.

I recon if Andrew Aish continued playing he likely would have developed into a very good player. Took a good specky and played for SA. But we will never know. I remember being pretty disappointed when he chucked it in. I've seen James Aish do some good stuff but like his dad and uncle he's pretty lite for the AFL monsters.

Back in the 80s, Michael and Andrew could get away easily for being lite. These days you need strong big bodied players in all positions.

Interesting listening to hearing Bereton talk about how he was huge CHF in the 80s but today he would be a mid.

Back in the 80s, Michael and Andrew could get away easily for being lite. These days you need strong big bodied players in all positions.

Interesting listening to hearing Bereton talk about how he was huge CHF in the 80s but today he would be a mid.
Don't know about getting away "easily" with being light in the 80s -there were plenty of (legal) shirt fronts and other heavy clashes along the way.
Michael Aish was knocked out several times (as were others) and tended to be a player the opposition had in their sights because of his abilities.

Yes, players are generally larger now, although the "lightweights" can still survive these days, but need plenty of pace and evasive skills to do so.

Don't know about getting away "easily" with being light in the 80s -there were plenty of (legal) shirt fronts and other heavy clashes along the way.
Michael Aish was knocked out several times (as were others) and tended to be a player the opposition had in their sights because of his abilities.

Yes, players are generally larger now, although the "lightweights" can still survive these days, but need plenty of pace and evasive skills to do so.
Having survived the 80's back then not many people broke through the 190cm barrier so the gap was not as great as it is now.

Now I notice a lot more taller people around now and I will admit to having shrunk a fair bit.

Nice one James.

View attachment 301357

Mind you is his date a frighten Eskimo.
I've been freezing my arse off in Adelaide.

It really paints a poor image of him. Its not like he was trying to get his umbrella adjusted before telling her to join him under it or to give it to her. Its obvious he has been walking comfortably with the umbrella and her by his side.

A special kind of idiot could be innocently guilty of doing this, but Im guessing Aish has form on his side in regards these kinds of matters where he knows better but worries about himself first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread delivers !!!

Geez the opening page of this thread is interesting reading.

In fairness, I think in hindsight its easy to sit back and say this poster got it wrong. My main concern is that we dont sell the farm for Pick 1 for an unproven SA kid.

Two 1sts for Luko is one thing but three 1sts is just bs, Carlton should demand three 1sts as their opening demand for pick 1. From there we need to obviously counter offer.

In a perfect world, we offer our 2018 1st and 2019 1st.

Geez the opening page of this thread is interesting reading.

In fairness, I think in hindsight its easy to sit back and say this poster got it wrong. My main concern is that we dont sell the farm for Pick 1 for an unproven SA kid.

Two 1sts for Luko is one thing but three 1sts is just bs, Carlton should demand three 1sts as their opening demand for pick 1. From there we need to obviously counter offer.

In a perfect world, we offer our 2018 1st and 2019 1st.
How good is it. Off the back of the first couple of pages I went and read the first 10. Was in absolute hysterics. I'd be interested to see how far in it goes before the thread goes off a cliff and everyone realises we dodged a massive bullet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back