Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Strikes me as a Wellingham type. Not one of your best players but handy. Not quite as talented as Welly, but his pre PCL form (if he can return from it) and play a similar role would still have him best 22.

At the moment he probably sits in that fringe 20-25 mark and may float in and out. Especially with some of our mids now likely to spread out to other parts of the ground.

Ball is in his court now after a full pre-season.

Wellingham was a Type you though could be Better then he Showed.

Why you have Wellingham ahead of Aish?

He’s always been up against it. It’s no different this year, he’s on the fringe of 22. Needs to have a good start to the year to keep his spot wherever that may be this year.

Hopefully Start well like last season but Without an Injury really Slowed Him Down

Wellingham was a Type you though could be Better then he Showed.

Why you have Wellingham ahead of Aish?
Aish for me over Wellingham.

I was always ok with Sharrod but never overwhelmed.
Good medium type for mind.

If Aish can become a premiership player like The Duke of Wellingham, I will love him forever.
If we win the flag, really doesn’t matter who the 22 are, just that the 22 in our jumper have won the premiership.

Let’s not kid ourselves
Wellingham was miles better than Aish.

I like Aish but Wellingham could hit the scoreboard and even had games where he absolutely dominated as a midfielder- something Aish hasn’t done at all to date.

Wellingham also had that ability to just hit a contest at top pace and find a way out or to goal.

I remember that game where Wellers kicked 7 goals against Melbourne - if I remember correctly a couple of our 1st string mids were out and he tore melbourne several new ones.
I think you might remember correctly with the second part of that, but not the goalkicking part!!

He played a brilliant game against Melbourne in 2011, with 37 disposals (easily his best ever tally) and he picked up the 3 Brownlow votes: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2011/041120110613.html

He did only score one goal in that game. His career best goal haul was 3, which he managed a couple of times in (other games in) 2011: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/S/Sharrod_Wellingham.html
1550384189054.png

I think you might remember correctly with the second part of that, but not the goalkicking part!!

He played a brilliant game against Melbourne in 2011, with 37 disposals (easily his best ever tally) and he picked up the 3 Brownlow votes: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2011/041120110613.html

He did only score one goal in that game. His career best goal haul was 3, which he managed a couple of times in (other games in) 2011: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/S/Sharrod_Wellingham.html
View attachment 620928
That goal was worth 7 though.

I like Aish and do hope he can eventually prove himself to be a quality AFL footballer, but he's yet to really establish himself after quite a few years in the system. So he doesn't measure up well against Wellingham at all, since he was able to play plenty of decent football from quite early on in his career.

There's still time for Aish to get there, but he'd want to make it in the next year or so.

I remember that game where Wellers kicked 7 goals against Melbourne - if I remember correctly a couple of our 1st string mids were out and he tore melbourne several new ones.

I remember that but that was the Exception rather then the Rule.

Wellingham you felt could been better then he was

I like Aish and do hope he can eventually prove himself to be a quality AFL footballer, but he's yet to really establish himself after quite a few years in the system. So he doesn't measure up well against Wellingham at all, since he was able to play plenty of decent football from quite early on in his career.

There's still time for Aish to get there, but he'd want to make it in the next year or so.

He was looking like he was Pre-PCL but PCL Stopped that Happening

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wellingham has/had PANELS on James Aish.

Thats not even a conversation, I would have thought.

Then why Wellingham was never a Star with us.

So Aish is at best is a Back Up Player who should spend most of his Year in the VFL and Then I say he will look to go to Carlton or the Gold Coast to get a Game?

Then why Wellingham was never a Star with us.

So Aish is at best is a Back Up Player who should spend most of his Year in the VFL and Then I say he will look to go to Carlton or the Gold Coast to get a Game?
Wellingham was a key cog in our 2010 premiership, who's best wasn't far away from an All-Australian level.

James Aish has yet to get anywhere near that. And thats the reality.

View attachment 620928
Thx Daics mea culpa mate it was a dominant performance though and probably the best game he played in the seniors

I remember that but that was the Exception rather then the Rule.

Wellingham you felt could been better then he was
Wellers strikes me as talent not fully realized, not entirely his fault as he was behind Swanny and Pendles in the pecking order and may have reached his full potential if he had been the prime mover instead.

Let’s not kid ourselves
Wellingham was miles better than Aish.

I like Aish but Wellingham could hit the scoreboard and even had games where he absolutely dominated as a midfielder- something Aish hasn’t done at all to date.

Wellingham also had that ability to just hit a contest at top pace and find a way out or to goal.

Yep, have to agree....Wellers is AishX2

Unfortunately I was absent that day, as I tend to be in most of your dreams.

I'm on the Wellers is miles ahead of Aish camp.

In Aish's defence, before his PCL, he was starting to influence games, take marks (he's a better mark than Wellingham), and kick goals. But he's still miles behind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back