Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Granted Wellingham had his purple patches, and served us well enough.
But to me, he’s probably becoming a better player the longer he is away from Collingwood and the game.

Good medium player.

Gees you're a hard man. You'd block him for that comment!
Unless he was joking about the joking?

Maybe I’m joking about the joking of the joking.

?

I don't think Aish is best 22 to be honest. He might sneak into a small defender role. But he doesn't win much of it there and isn't a natural defender.

I find it hard to picture where he really belongs on the field.

I liked him forward because he is strong over head and uses it well but thats a hard group to break into.

Midfield he's a neat user but doesn't win enough footy.

He's a pretty handy versatile option to have as depth though.

Pre-PCL I'm not sure he was playing wing to be a free-wheeling offensive player accumulating big numbers ala Phillips. It was more the more accountable Mayne style role. I do however think he could play the role differently if asked to.

Wellingham was a Type you though could be Better then he Showed.

Why you have Wellingham ahead of Aish?

Wellingham was quicker which was another weapon.

I like Aish and do hope he can eventually prove himself to be a quality AFL footballer, but he's yet to really establish himself after quite a few years in the system. So he doesn't measure up well against Wellingham at all, since he was able to play plenty of decent football from quite early on in his career.

There's still time for Aish to get there, but he'd want to make it in the next year or so.

Hopefully Aish's 2018 is something akin to Wellingham's 2009.

Hopefully Aish's 2018 is something akin to Wellingham's 2009.
I think he has it in him to take that next step, though he needs a bit of luck for once with injury. If he doesn't establish himself soon he could end up plying his trade in the VFL or at another club, so I hope he finally arrives as the player we hoped we were getting a few years back.

Seeing him play as well as he did in (senior) SANFL finals two years in a row when he was just 16 and 17 years old it seemed a certainty to me that he would go on and have a top career at AFL level. This is year number six in the "system" so it's time!

Pre-PCL I'm not sure he was playing wing to be a free-wheeling offensive player accumulating big numbers ala Phillips. It was more the more accountable Mayne style role. I do however think he could play the role differently if asked to.

I wonder if he can tag? Someone who could do Greenwoods defensive job but with Aish's footskills would walk into the 22

I wonder if he can tag? Someone who could do Greenwoods defensive job but with Aish's footskills would walk into the 22

I'd actually like to see him given more freedom, not less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember being very frustrated by Wellingham, and waiting for him to step it up on a regular basis, which he never quite did. I also remember being not that bothered by him leaving us.

Aish is also frustrating, but in glimpses a better footballer.

Not even sure why we are comparing the two - maybe because both are/were hovering around the second tier and never really ‘found’ their best position?

Well then I can be thankful for that small mercy, my smartarse tolerance is low. Blocked
Actually my smartarese comment tolerance is quite high and I find them amusing. Easy to just not reply or bite.

It is the personal attack of calling a poster stupid, moron, fool or liar that the tolerance level drops.

Using the ignore function sometimes makes threads difficult to follow.

Anyway back to Aish, I hope he can cement a position in best 22 based on last years form, I hope so.

Actually my smartarese comment tolerance is quite high and I find them amusing. Easy to just not reply or bite.

It is the personal attack of calling a poster stupid, moron, fool or liar that the tolerance level drops.

Using the ignore function sometimes makes threads difficult to follow.

Anyway back to Aish, I hope he can cement a position in best 22 based on last years form, I hope so.
Sorry for you difficulty in following threads it must be a heavy burden to bear for you Maggie but that's life I'm afraid. Some people love stirring the pot and retreating behind "I was only joking" and some people don't believe a word of it.

Sorry for you difficulty in following threads it must be a heavy burden to bear for you Maggie but that's life I'm afraid.
Oh, did I detect a bit of sarcasm there?;)

Some people love stirring the pot and retreating behind "I was only joking" and some people don't believe a word of it.
Fair enough, just giving my opinion.

Oh, did I detect a bit of sarcasm there?;)

Fair enough, just giving my opinion.
Sorry if it seemed sarcastic Maggie, perhaps a little ironic - more an acknowledgement that my preferences and yours are not anywhere near as aligned as they might be. My enjoyment of the site is dimmed by the previously mentioned sneak snipers hiding behind supposed humour and my only recourse short of disrupting the site with argument is to block.

So I in my turn diminish your experience. For which I am truly sorry . . .

BUT . . . .

I would argue that it's the original comment that instigates everything :)

Sorry if it seemed sarcastic Maggie, perhaps a little ironic - more an acknowledgement that my preferences and yours are not anywhere near as aligned as they might be. My enjoyment of the site is dimmed by the previously mentioned sneak snipers hiding behind supposed humour and my only recourse short of disrupting the site with argument is to block.

So I in my turn diminish your experience. For which I am truly sorry . . .

BUT . . . .

I would argue that it's the original comment that instigates everything :)

I think you've misunderstood. Who you choose to block has no impact on what Maggie will see. Just a general observation that blocking individual posters can make thread's disjointed and harder to follow for those who choose to block.

I think he has it in him to take that next step, though he needs a bit of luck for once with injury. If he doesn't establish himself soon he could end up plying his trade in the VFL or at another club, so I hope he finally arrives as the player we hoped we were getting a few years back.

Seeing him play as well as he did in (senior) SANFL finals two years in a row when he was just 16 and 17 years old it seemed a certainty to me that he would go on and have a top career at AFL level. This is year number six in the "system" so it's time!

When doe his Current Contract Ends?

When doe his Current Contract Ends?
Looks like the end of 2020: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-19/pie-mid-close-to-signing-new-contract

COLLINGWOOD midfielder James Aish is set to put an injury-interrupted season behind him and re-sign with the club.

AFL.com.au understands the 22-year-old is close to putting pen to paper on a fresh two-year contract extension that will tie him to the Pies until the end of 2020.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-collingwood-magpies--james-aish
Contract Status: Out of contract at the end of 2020

I remember being very frustrated by Wellingham, and waiting for him to step it up on a regular basis, which he never quite did. I also remember being not that bothered by him leaving us.

Aish is also frustrating, but in glimpses a better footballer.

Not even sure why we are comparing the two - maybe because both are/were hovering around the second tier and never really ‘found’ their best position?

Because as you put it.

Both have Flashed High Quality Football BUT Been Inconsistent with it.

Still a Massive Aish Fan but I had times that Frustrates Me as I feel he is better then he has shown in some games where he been very quiet

Using the ignore function sometimes makes threads difficult to follow..

It can be very Useful the Ignore Button

Sorry for you difficulty in following threads it must be a heavy burden to bear for you Maggie but that's life I'm afraid. Some people love stirring the pot and retreating behind "I was only joking" and some people don't believe a word of it.

Some People don't get that you are Joking.

Very Easily Done by just Reading what you Type

Looks like the end of 2020: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-19/pie-mid-close-to-signing-new-contract

COLLINGWOOD midfielder James Aish is set to put an injury-interrupted season behind him and re-sign with the club.

AFL.com.au understands the 22-year-old is close to putting pen to paper on a fresh two-year contract extension that will tie him to the Pies until the end of 2020.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-collingwood-magpies--james-aish
Contract Status: Out of contract at the end of 2020

Thanks 35Daicos

IF he sadly does not come Best 22 at Seasons end he and the club could possibly try and Find him a New Home and the be a Lesser Team like Suns or Blues but Hopefully comes best 22 with a Injury Free Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back