Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Aishole

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
James Aish can play football. We have all seen it, and there is no denying it... the kid can play. Just go back and watch him play for Brisbane, when he had a larger role, confidence and more responsibility.

Its all about confidence and self-belief with Aish. I think he can doubt himself, but as we’ve seen in the past, when he isn’t doubting himself, he is a good footballer.

I would love to see a fully confident Aish on a wing. He is playing his role well right now, but i think there is more to him. There is more he can offer.

Wait Dave, there's hope, this system has him 3rd best on the ground for us behind Grundy and Pendles.

Is he doing something we aren't seeing?

View attachment 685422
Also rates his average performance second worst in the selected side, ahead of Greenwood.

Top 30 but not best 22.

Puts the ball in dangerous positions, breaks lines, takes the game on and actually plays on a dangerous opponent.

Well Aish done some good jobs.

People here just have made there Mind Up and Saying he is not even Local Footy Good:rolleyes:

Well Aish done some good jobs.

People here just have made there Mind Up and Saying he is not even Local Footy Good:rolleyes:
Dave, I think you take it to heart too much sometimes.
After a loss there will always be a player that will cop some extra criticism. Sometimes it is Aish, Phillips, Thomas even Sidebottom who I like.

You need to sit back and really think about it and be able to say, 'yeah, it wasn't his best' and move on.

Or if you disagree then disagree on some facts of your own on what you saw him do that was good. For example there was a moment in the game that Moore was away from Hogan and Aish went to cover. In fact I thought Moore stood too far away from Hogan on Saturday a few times, giving him too much space. But in saying that, I am not saying Moore is a bad player but that he too like many others had an off day.

I don't mind Aish as he does do some good things and have said I would like to see him on a wing.

Dave, I think you take it to heart too much sometimes.
After a loss there will always be a player that will cop some extra criticism. Sometimes it is Aish, Phillips, Thomas even Sidebottom who I like.

You need to sit back and really think about it and be able to say, 'yeah, it wasn't his best' and move on.

Or if you disagree then disagree on some facts of your own on what you saw him do that was good. For example there was a moment in the game that Moore was away from Hogan and Aish went to cover. In fact I thought Moore stood too far away from Hogan on Saturday a few times, giving him too much space. But in saying that, I am not saying Moore is a bad player but that he too like many others had an off day.

I don't mind Aish as he does do some good things and have said I would like to see him on a wing.

I noticed that too early in the Game Moore was giving Hogan too much space but later in the Game he seemed to do it better.

I heard people bag Aish for that but I was thinking that is not Aish's Man. Where is Moore

I noticed that too early in the Game Moore was giving Hogan too much space but later in the Game he seemed to do it better.

I heard people bag Aish for that but I was thinking that is not Aish's Man. Where is Moore
That is the way you should think about, well done and I agree, much better after that. I was really surprised as normally he plays much tighter.

Anyway, don't let it get to you.

That is the way you should think about, well done and I agree, much better after that. I was really surprised as normally he plays much tighter.

Anyway, don't let it get to you.

I try too Maggie5

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I enjoy Dave’s love for Aish, I want to know how long he will love him. If it’s just because he’s a young player or if it will be unwavering until he retires
Don’t see Dave retiring.

:)

(As long as he’s at Collingwood)

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
We love you the way you are.

Don’t change. Deep breaths if you get rattled.

Ps: just don’t take my boy Scharenberg away from me :p (joking Dave)
What do you mean by, 'your boy'?:mad:

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rubbish, I had him a long time before you. Sidebottom, Shaz and Elliot are mine first, you keep your hands off or I will cry.:'(:'(:'(
As I’m a Hi Jinx perhaps it’s best.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood

That incident was irrelevant as to Moore’s position because it was Aish who turned the ball over resulting in the quick re-entry.
Aish simply trying to fix his mistake. He failed.

That incident was irrelevant as to Moore’s position because it was Aish who turned the ball over resulting in the quick re-entry.
Aish simply trying to fix his mistake. He failed.
Which occasion? Moore's positioning was poor against Hogan more than once in that first quarter.

Must watch again.

Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
Which occasion? Moore's positioning was poor against Hogan more than once in that first quarter.

Must watch again.
Never said it wasn’t.
Dave pointed to the time Aish competed against Hogan.
Clearly the incident I referred to.
Maybe you need to watch the game again. I certainly won’t.
In this incident Aish had the ball, Moore, as we do as a team, went forward of his opponent to create an option.
Aish then kicked it to a three on one. Fair to say the three weren’t wearing black and white stripes.
Not only did he kick it to a three on one, he kicked it over the head of the one.
So a simple turnover by a player with abysmal foot skills and decision making suddenly becomes Moore’s issue?
Ah ha.......

Never said it wasn’t.
Dave pointed to the time Aish competed against Hogan.
Clearly the incident I referred to.
Maybe you need to watch the game again. I certainly won’t.
In this incident Aish had the ball, Moore, as we do as a team, went forward of his opponent to create an option.
Aish then kicked it to a three on one. Fair to say the three weren’t wearing black and white stripes.
Not only did he kick it to a three on one, he kicked it over the head of the one.
So a simple turnover by a player with abysmal foot skills and decision making suddenly becomes Moore’s issue?
Ah ha.......
:)
Was this in the first quarter?
I do like watching again as I see more of what I missed. (After the pain has lessened).

grayza2018

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2017
The Cottage
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
I would like to see Aish up the field a bit more like early 2018, reality says he's a long way back for a spot there currently though

Doing enough down back to keep him there though, a nice pairing forming with Greenwood

Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
If Aish could bust through packs and gut run time and time again like Crisp then I will start to excuse his Butchery.
Exactly.
He appears to be able to do that on occasion, especially when our top tier are in the game and the pressure is off him.
What we need from him is to be able to step up when the top tier is blanketed, or out of the team.
So far he hasn’t shown that ability.

Back