Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aish has done alright, definitely improved. In an ideal world where everybody is fit, Greenwood is ahead of him as that small/med defender and Aish is an emergency.
I agree but I think the club see it as Aish the small/med defender and Greenwood an emergency.. I say this as generally Aish has always held his spot over the last 18 months while Greenwood hasnt

I agree but I think the club see it as Aish the small/med defender and Greenwood an emergency.. I say this as generally Aish has always held his spot over the last 18 months while Greenwood hasnt
Agree before this last month or so. Greenwood has been playing great lately, reckon he's gone ahead of Aish and the coaches have noticed.

Don't mind either way though. Langdon in for one of them. Not sure where Shaz fits, if he does

Aish lot better Ball User as wel

I'll second that and I'll add that Aish has become more damaging with his kicking this year

Aish was good with his field kicking last week. Pre-injury i'd call his kicking damaging but not in a good way.

Aish was good with his field kicking last week. Pre-injury i'd call his kicking damaging but not in a good way.
Funny, I thought the same thing. Watched a few replays this week and changed my mind. I find replays good because the emotion is largely taken out of them and I can be more analytical without being emotional. The Richmond game is a case in point with Aish - his kicking was pretty effective that night.
We tend to remember things that reinforce our beliefs and ignore things that don't. Pendles for example has delivered some outrageous shanks but these are forgiven as anomalies - if Aish was responsible for them we'd see it as proof of our preconceptions. I'm liking Aish's growth and upside

Funny, I thought the same thing. Watched a few replays this week and changed my mind. I find replays good because the emotion is largely taken out of them and I can be more analytical without being emotional. The Richmond game is a case in point with Aish - his kicking was pretty effective that night.
We tend to remember things that reinforce our beliefs and ignore things that don't. Pendles for example has delivered some outrageous shanks but these are forgiven as anomalies - if Aish was responsible for them we'd see it as proof of our preconceptions. I'm liking Aish's growth and upside

Before this season it used to be my pre-conception that Aish was a solid field kick. That changed when he started shanking them out on the full or to opposition players on a regular basis. He seemed to get flustered under pressure and make errors as a result. I agree about growth and upside which is why I wanted him kept in the side even though his form barely warranted it. I think we disagree about his early season kicking issues because I think they were there. I still want to see his kicking stand up when the pressure is really on because he could end up being a weak link in finals. But I hope he has that development in him.

Much maligned, it’s tough to play a role...not many opportunities to shine with ball in hand. I think he is deceptively hard at it and I think his skills are actually quite good. Good over head, maybe a tad one paced. One that could play any area on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A fit Shaz has the poise and football sense that many a mid would envy, was being talked up as going into the middle after a couple of years apprenticeship when we drafted him.

If he's fit he will more than pay his way.
Amen to that.

Just checked a few more and you actually lead more than Saintly, this is by far the biggest margin though

Top contributors button at the top right
I’m curious I’m going to check the Sier tab....

As gimpy would say,

Wish me luck re

Yikes.
The Sier count, that’s some count. :eek:

But Dave you dominate the Aish count more that anyone dominates any other player count.

Aish and Greenwood have really impressed me this year. They've also made squeezing in Langdon/Shaz quite a bit more difficult. Imagine if both Appleby and Murphy hadn't been injured and were both pressing for spots too.
We're certainly well stocked in small/medium defenders.

Aish and Greenwood have really impressed me this year. They've also made squeezing in Langdon/Shaz quite a bit more difficult. Imagine if both Appleby and Murphy hadn't been injured and were both pressing for spots too.
We're certainly well stocked in small/medium defenders.
Even more so when we use our imaginations 🤪

Yeah hopefully we see the shackles loosened a little today. Those marks going back with the flight he takes will be important today. Could see him up a little more with mayne spending a little more time forward than usual perhaps when Reid chops out in the ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back