Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thought Aish was among our best in the 1st half, quieter in the 2nd but did his job.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
My problem with Aish is that he very rarely commits to a contest. He holds back. Twice today he could have made an impact on a contest and failed, and the Dogs got goals as a result.

It's sometimes a delicate balance, thought too many of our defenders overly committed to the contest today.

May 12, 2014
FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
As previous poster mentioned, Aish was one of the best in the first half when CFC's midfield struggled. Aish was less prominent in the second half after CFC's midfield arrested momentum from the Bully`s midfield. Very good again tonight..

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
He's pedigree, hasn't put it together yet but you see flashes now and then

Get Gaffed

Senior List
Aug 11, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
"My problem with Aish is that he very rarely commits to a contest. He holds back. Twice today he could have made an impact on a contest and failed, and the Dogs got goals as a result."

What are you on about lol

Aish in that first half was the only one switched on and was tackling and spoiling and covering for others such as Maynard and a few others who were letting their man get loose coz they were daydreaming thinking of what they did on the bye, when you're the only one defending and putting in effort especially to peel off your man to cover others you're often going to get caught in the piggy in the middle at some stage.

Then with stagnant play where we struggled to get it out of the defensive half he made some nice intercepts and some dashing play only to see some up forward also daydreaming not offering any leads, instead of just blazing away like many do he at least changed the kick and went for coverage and also kept it in so it wasn't called deliberate. You need players that can play the percentages, not everyone is a superstar or game breaker ect.

Thought he stood firm today and held down the fort. Yes there's errors like all players have during games, nobody plays the perfect game free of error., those that have those expectations have been playing too much Xbox or are too invested in Supercoach lmao.

DERKADERRR

All Australian
Feb 20, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've never seen a player have less composure with ball in hand.

Awful.
His composure has been pretty horrible at times in the past few weeks, a lot of times when he receives the ball he just throws it on his boot and bombs it with this weird long snap (reminds me of the maxwell kick out of defence he did in his later years) without checking if he has a runner to his side or a shorter option which usually ends up with an intercept mark or possession. Needs to be more composed, but he's not the only one.

His composure has been pretty horrible at times in the past few weeks, a lot of times when he receives the ball he just throws it on his boot and bombs it with this weird long snap (reminds me of the maxwell kick out of defence he did in his later years) without checking if he has a runner to his side or a shorter option which usually ends up with an intercept mark or possession. Needs to be more composed, but he's not the only one.

Then people Complain when he has just give it someone close to him.

He can't win

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
My problem with Aish is that he very rarely commits to a contest. He holds back. Twice today he could have made an impact on a contest and failed, and the Dogs got goals as a result.
he used to be hard as nails. I wonder with so many concussions his adjusted the way he plays.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
he used to be hard as nails. I wonder with so many concussions his adjusted the way he plays.

Still seems to go when it's his turn.

I think people are reading too much into a player losing a couple of contests within a game. Every player, even the ultra elite by position, get beaten. They are playing on good footballers who can genuinely beat them through skill or they can misread the bounce of the footy, it happens. All you can hope is that our players win more than they lose and Aish is definitely doing that pretty consistently.

ClaytonM

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think Aish has ended up in the same space as Langdon and Phillips. Their cards have been stamped early on as certain types of players by some and nothing will change their opinions.

Personally I am not convinced he will ever become more than borderline best 22. Might struggle in the next few years if Q, Appleby, Shaz, and the great Wilson find fitness and form.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL

I reckon that's a good thing.. there's courage and there's stupidity.

Only knock I've got on him is his awareness at times.. but overall.. he's playing very well. Be nice to encourage him to get free on the wings and in the guts a lil more.. when he has a long target to kick to in the 50.. he's very good. There was another pinpoint kick to Mihocek one of the Bulldogs defenders got their finger tips on. Very penetrative and accurate kick when launching it into the 50.

Back