Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

my only knock is his athletic traits. needs to get super fit to gain an advantage or improve his agility. Think he has the football nous and skills. Also, moving slightly to the side instead of in straight lines will help with getting caught run down from behind, as he often is.

He could do that IF he kept stopping having these Nagging Injuries he been Picking Up

Last edited:

I don’t see much of an issue with him in defence. I can’t recall a game in the last season and a half where his opponent has gotten off the chain. He has shut down his man, that’s the first job as a defender.

We have other guys like Langdon, Howe and Crisp who are the designated rebounders and intercept mark defenders.

I reckon that's a good thing.. there's courage and there's stupidity.

Only knock I've got on him is his awareness at times.. but overall.. he's playing very well. Be nice to encourage him to get free on the wings and in the guts a lil more.. when he has a long target to kick to in the 50.. he's very good. There was another pinpoint kick to Mihocek one of the Bulldogs defenders got their finger tips on. Very penetrative and accurate kick when launching it into the 50.
I don't think awareness is an issue, the issue is that he doesn't have the acceleration strength or confidence to handle oncoming tacklers, so often just clears the ball a bit blindly when the tacklers are bearing down. But he's getting better in this regard and looking more composed and confident every match.

He was good today and has been building week by week Dave. Haters gonna hate.

I used to feel that I needed to support Aish... but i've been convinced by several posters here that it's in the best interests of the club to hate him. While I might have agreed with you in the past that Aish is building, I now realise that he is building far too slowly and for that reason, I hate him. As my hero Israel says to me, sometimes you have to prove how much you love someone by hating them passionately.

I don't think awareness is an issue, the issue is that he doesn't have the acceleration strength or confidence to handle oncoming tacklers, so often just clears the ball a bit blindly when the tacklers are bearing down. But he's getting better in this regard and looking more composed and confident every match.

3 yrs ago or so I said this.. 'he's a good player.. just has a touch of the koczinski's about him'. Meaning he's not entirely aware of his surroundings.. he sees the ball.. gets the ball.. without giving thought of who's in the vicinity and that re.. he was like someone playing the pokes getting touched on the shoulder.. but not even feeling it re.. he's improved that aspect of his game unbelievably though. Pretty much figured him out after 5 minutes of watching him play.. libra intuition once again.

I'm a f great re.

3 yrs ago or so I said this.. 'he's a good player.. just has a touch of the koczinski's about him'. Meaning he's not entirely aware of his surroundings.. he sees the ball.. gets the ball.. without giving thought of who's in the vicinity and that re.. he was like someone playing the pokes getting touched on the shoulder.. but not even feeling it re.. he's improved that aspect of his game unbelievably though. Pretty much figured him out after 5 minutes of watching him play.. libra intuition once again.

I'm a f great re.
I just hope he's got the right ointment, Koczinski sounds like a nasty condition to have a touch of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Credit where it's due - one of our best last night, didn't take a backwards step, and held up under the immense pressure generated by a midfield group that embarrassed themselves.

Wouldn't mind seeing him swung into an inside mid position if IQ keeps playing to a high enough standard to hold down a pocket. He has clean hands and is harder than most on here give him credit for. And let's be honest - he couldn't be worse than what we're dishing up in the mids at present.

Loved the Great Mark he took when he had 2 Guys on him

Quality player now. As mentioned in his article recently, needs to improve offensively.

He did tried to take the Game on More and did lot more Longer Kicks then his Little Chips he can do at times

Super impressive game in a team that had far too many passengers.

Aish ive been skeptical of in the past, but his attack on the ball was impressive.

I really want to see him move up to the wing, feel like we would get more value out of him than phillips , unsure if he has the tank ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back