Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Considering blocking every person in this thread.

No, just no. Listen to ABC, you'll be surprised to hear commentators who are actually interested in the game. Better yet, watch the World Cup. You hear that commentary doesn't have to be pissing contest, or 'high-octane', for the game to still be exciting. The game is exciting, that's the point - the comments are there to understand the excitement that's going on, not provide it.

BTW, there are 3 fricken breaks during an AFL game to discuss, analyse and sermonise - Why are we seeing heatmaps, wind-charts, boundary riders and even footage of the 4-person commentary teams while the game is on? Ridiculous.

Should.block you. Some people don't like the dry slow old person radio stations. Doesn't mean there's something wrong with them.
I hate the ABC and much prefer MMM. Wont see me on the ABC threads giving people s**t though.

reubski23

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2009
Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tom Brady
I love JB he is by far my favorite commentator adds passion and enthusiasm to a call- doesn’t come armed with rehearsed jokes or lines at the end. Just calls it organically to him and it is great.

Sunday afternoon with JB&BT took me back 13 years ago when they used to call on C9 with Garry on the Tv. It was good then it was better now

Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
ASADA
JB is a good commentator too however he bias for North irritates me.

He hates bulldogs with a passion, but overall he ain't too bad.

People just sook because they can, aleast they add excitement into the game rather then the tone-deaf boring crap other stations produce

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Should.block you. Some people don't like the dry slow old person radio stations. Doesn't mean there's something wrong with them.
I hate the ABC and much prefer MMM. Wont see me on the ABC threads giving people s**t though.
Slimeballs and pigs in suits guffawing about each other's 'rigs'... Spare me. I'll take the option where they call the game.

Based on the fact that you somehow think that ABC commentary is more geared towards old people... I'd say you've never listened.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
He's ok, gets a pass mark for mine.

Take him over the likes of absolute ****in dipshits like Basil, Sandy or even Bruce anyway.
Brayshaw is in the same category as Dwayne Russell in that they can both actually call games quite well, but their ego, limited vocabulary and love of catchphrases diminishes (or vastly diminishes in Dwayne's case) the quality of the call.
Russell is most frustrating in that imo he is actually reasonably intelligent and could be a very good commentator if he just cut out all the crap like the stupid catchphrases and called the game straight.

Fabab

Premiership Player
May 2, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I don’t mind JB,can’t stand Taylor or zempilas and dal santo in any show gets volume turned down and can’t watch the lowdown cos he’s on it.

Jan 30, 2004
bentleigh
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawthorn
JB has never been my cup of tea but I must admit he is far more listenable now that he is playing it straight on channel seven. With BT on their staff there was clearly not enough room for another over the top clown at the network and as a result Bradshaw leaves the obnoxious yelling behind when he departs the MMM box. I have actually watched some games that JB is calling with the mute button off ( as long as Taylor isn’t around ) and that certainly not what I was predicting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Couldn’t stand him when he commentated the cricket on Ch 9 but have to admit he was pretty decent calling the footy this year.

If nothing else, Ch 7’s Sat night coverage has improved from the unbearable self-indulgence of when BT & Darcy we’re running things.

Catoggio76

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting that ex Triple M Melbourne boss and (now) ex Cricket Australia Media Boss Ben Amarfio was caught acting as Brayshaw's agent a year or so ago, and plants Brayshaw at Channel 7..... just before Ch 7 gets the cricket rights.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
The standard of commentary is at an all-time low. It’s absolutely pitiful. It was noticeable that for probably the 10 errors he made, Brayshaw didn’t get one North player wrong. That’s fine, he obviously knows them all well. But **** me, you’re professional commentators. You should know all players well and be preparing accordingly. Have some pride in your work ffs. It’s clear as day they don’t prepare like they should by watching tapes and studying squads etc.

Great callers of yesteryear and other sports would be ******* mortified if they had a day where they made half the errors these ****in clowns do.

It’s a disgrace. If we have these guys who want to host five TV shows and five radio shows a week plus do god knows what else then fine - but give us some normal professionals to fulfil the basic commentary role.
And if anything, it's gotten even worse this season. Brayshaw is f**king awful. He's not as bad as der-wayne, but that's not saying much because der-wayne is the worst sports caller I've ever heard.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
He just called Jason Gillespie ‘Big Doodle’ on live TV. Honestly, how does this enormous bogan clown have a job?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Highlighting the exceptional standards in Australian sport's commentary yet again.

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Such a huge contrast between his radio and TV work - same with Taylor. On MMM they barely do a "straight" passage of play during an entire game (Bit lazy Brayshaw only doing the Rush Hour during the Footy Season - it is about 40 minutes work per day!!!)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back