James Brayshaw rumoured to join Saturday Night Footy this year

Remove this Banner Ad

No offence but you're all f#cked in the head. Brayshaw is just about the worst sports commentator this country has ever produced. Schwarz and Daicos the only two that might be worse.
I pine for the days of Morphett, Donergan, Landy and early Bruce
Brayshaw is ten times better than Morphett, twenty times better than Landy, who was an absolute shocker.

No offence but you're all f#cked in the head. Brayshaw is just about the worst sports commentator this country has ever produced. Schwarz and Daicos the only two that might be worse.
I don't mind JB until he opens his mouth ! Worst commentator of any sport I've ever had to listen to..hes a *******t

Classic Internet, if you don't agree with my opinion there must be something wrong with you.

JB is a gun commentator one of the best in OZ and hopefully he gets more games at 7

Signing Brayshaw is all very good, but why did they bury he truly great news that Basil is being shunted to the sidelines half way down the article?

Should've been the headline.

Cannot like this post enough.

Brayshaw has:
- a voice that makes your ears bleed
- an over inflated self opinion
- no clue or knowledge on AFL, his 'best' stories are about his Sheffield Shield/West Australian Under 19 First 11 days
- to make up for all of his inadequacies by trying to be the second coming of the Twelfth Man, ie the 'funny' guy

Listening to him commentating the cricket was awful, the amount of times when Australia got a wicket and he'd yell out "Waa-haaawwww, COP THAT!" or "Stick it up ya" was cringeworthy and embarassing. He is shizenhausen.

For the record I thought Morphett was terrible, the other 3 and Sandy Roberts I could listen to all day.

Cannot like this post enough.

Brayshaw has:
- a voice that makes your ears bleed
- an over inflated self opinion
- no clue or knowledge on AFL, his 'best' stories are about his Sheffield Shield/West Australian Under 19 First 11 days
- to make up for all of his inadequacies by trying to be the second coming of the Twelfth Man, ie the 'funny' guy

Listening to him commentating the cricket was awful, the amount of times when Australia got a wicket and he'd yell out "Waa-haaawwww, COP THAT!" or "Stick it up ya" was cringeworthy and embarassing. He is shizenhausen.

For the record I thought Morphett was terrible, the other 3 and Sandy Roberts I could listen to all day.

Respect your opinion re Brayshaw but Sandy Roberts? Come on mate. Good in his prime but those days are long gone. Interesting how JB can ‘make your ears bleed’ yet listening to an afternoon of Sandy’s god awful puns, getting every second players name wrong, and putting on a voice as if he’s selling newspapers in the 1940’s doesn’t bother you...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Respect your opinion re Brayshaw but Sandy Roberts? Come on mate. Good in his prime but those days are long gone. Interesting how JB can ‘make your ears bleed’ yet listening to an afternoon of Sandy’s god awful puns, getting every second players name wrong, and putting on a voice as if he’s selling newspapers in the 1940’s doesn’t bother you...

I don't have Foxtel so I'm remembering Sandy in his prime back in the 80s and 90s. Don't ruin the dream for me! :)

I actually don't get people "hating" Basil - he's pretty bland as a caller. I get the BT stuff (you can love it or hate it), but hating Basil has just seemed to become a cool thing to do around here. I mean seriously, who cares about him enough for that kind of energy...

For those who aren't fond of him, what makes him a gun commentator?

Well its what I like in him as a commentator not what makes him good because all commentators get s**t on.

Brayshaw genuinely enjoys watching the footy and geta excited about every game, he doesn't overhype the same 7 stars and talk about them ad nauseum and he celebrates the eccentric guys and gives them air time. I think he is piss funny as well in an industry that takes itself wayyyyy to seriously. In a box with Bruce hame Basil etc who are all trying to have the grab that gets replayed for years he just calla the game.

Last but not least if someone gets bumped he won't spend 40 minutes getting all serious like a worried parent telling me why this is bad for the future image of the game, he will call the bump and ******* move on.

That's why I like him

I actually don't get people "hating" Basil - he's pretty bland as a caller. I get the BT stuff (you can love it or hate it), but hating Basil has just seemed to become a cool thing to do around here. I mean seriously, who cares about him enough for that kind of energy...

I think people would put up with Basil's lameness if he didn't constantly stuff up the call.

Eg calling Sam Powell-Pepper 'Wingard' twice in one game.

Eg calling Lachie Plowman's name in a GWS game, twice, in 2017.

This sort of stuff is amateur s**t and should not be par for the course in a professional telecast.

Well its what I like in him as a commentator not what makes him good because all commentators get s**t on.

Brayshaw genuinely enjoys watching the footy and geta excited about every game, he doesn't overhype the same 7 stars and talk about them ad nauseum and he celebrates the eccentric guys and gives them air time. I think he is piss funny as well in an industry that takes itself wayyyyy to seriously. In a box with Bruce hame Basil etc who are all trying to have the grab that gets replayed for years he just calla the game.

Last but not least if someone gets bumped he won't spend 40 minutes getting all serious like a worried parent telling me why this is bad for the future image of the game, he will call the bump and ******* move on.

That's why I like him

Cheers for the response. He's not my cup of tea. Couldn't stand him calling the cricket on 9. Haven't listened to him call footy on any medium for a while. I hope I'll have a different opinion of him once he starts calling footy on 7 on Saturday's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back