James Fantasia on 5AA

Remove this Banner Ad

I just assumed that Fantasia knows where the bodies are buried.

The vast majority of the Crows' good picks under Fantasia have come from selections made after the players had trained with the Crows for a period of time - preseason and rookie list picks. I always assumed it was Reidy taking over from them onward. Similar situation with trades.

Most national drafting has been very hit and miss.

Originally posted by ****
I'm seeing him as one of the worst.

What's he done to earn the title of best recruiting manager?

He hit jackpot with Graham Johncock and Brent Reilly should be alright but he was taken at 12 so you should be getting good players with that pick anyway. Brett Burton was good but was a bit older. There was no guesswork with that pick.

What else has he done?

Personally I think it's time for a change. We're kidding ourselves if we are happy with our drafting. And as for other trading and recruiting, Ayres and Reid would have the most say. Fanta's opinion would be well down the list with regard to that.

While I agree he is not one of the best, i think he is definetly not one of the worse.

Kane Johnson, Tyson Edwards, Peter Vardy, Simon Goodwin, Graham Johncock, Rhett Biglands, Tyson Stenglein are the ones that have gone on with it.

Burton was taken at 16 and was still pretty raw when we got him. Reilly was taken at 12 and the likes of Schuback (59) and Hentschel (pre-season) will prove their worth in the coming years.

He has uncovered some bloody good player and has stuffed up on a few occasions but calling him one of the worst recruiting managers is a bit harsh;)

Originally posted by PAfolwr
The poor blokes knackers have been taking a hammering on this board over the last few months.
Any more and he will be singing nothing but Bee Gee's songs for the rest of his life. :D

Somebody's got to do it, PAfolwr, someone's got to do it. :D

In fact, Stiffy can now do a very good Tiny Tim singing "Tiptoe through the tulips" :p

Be buggered if I'm risking mine though!!! ;)

Originally posted by macca23
Somebody's got to do it, PAfolwr, someone's got to do it. :D

In fact, Stiffy can now do a very good Tiny Tim singing "Tiptoe through the tulips" :p

Be buggered if I'm risking mine though!!! ;)
:D
Word of warning Stiffy.
If in the next life you come back as a young opera singer in the 18th century do not, and I repeat DO NOT, let macca23 be your manager. :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by PAfolwr
:D
Word of warning Stiffy.
If in the next life you come back as a young opera singer in the 18th century do not, and I repeat DO NOT, let macca23 be your manager. :eek: :eek:
After his posts lately it is a very good advice you are giving mate:):p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back