James Faulkner incorrectly outed as the first Australian men's cricketer to come out of the closet.

halalsnackpack

All Australian
Apr 11, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
You just feel like Cricket Australia have gone into damage control to avoid losing millions of Indian and Pakistani social media followers, don't you?

Jan 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
At first I was like "Good for you, James" and then I was like "Haha, you're an idiot James"

Nothing more to it. Anyone upset by it needs their head checked. The person who wrote the article needs to reassess their employment.

getthefooty

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Does the media who took this small exposure and threw it into the wind of a much larger exposure have a duty to the story at all?

They are the ones who made something of this. Maybe they could ring James and ask for comment before pressing publish.

Both have a responsibility - the media should've fact checked by Faulkner is not blameless.

regpies

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
The messages from a couple team mates with messages of support read like he is and they all knew it. Feel sorry for him if Cricket Aus have tried to spin and deny it.

James Faulkner says "hold my beer" after seeing Israel Falou and Gary Ablett last week.

What a bad joke to make.
so in 2019 it is fine for a heterosexual women to call her female friend her girlfriend. But it is not ok for a heterosexual male to refer to his male friend as a boyfriend?

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
so in 2019 it is fine for a heterosexual women to call her female friend her girlfriend. But it is not ok for a heterosexual male to refer to his male friend as a boyfriend?
The together for 5 years was what made me misinterpret it

Jul 16, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MUFC, Storm, Rebels
Is the #togetherfor5years that women don't add to their girlfriends post, followed by teammates praising his courage for coming out and even "Great courage mate, bet u feel better."

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Maybe he's not gay but bisexual and prefers women but happens to be in a relationship with a man. Would explain the reversal if he doesn't want to explain all that.

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
lol whether it is true or not.. whether it matters or not.. the funniest thing is that it causes such chat..

good it is that we can perhaps joke or perhaps stutter mentally.. and the world doesn't self destruct...

jameses

All Australian
Jun 29, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not that I speak for everyone in my position, but I am gay and in the exact same position who people believe Faulkner’s post has damaged. I have told 3 of my closest friends I’m gay (and no one more, definitely not in the foreseeable future) and I could not care less about this ‘scandal’. People just love feeling offended tbh.

Sep 18, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not that I speak for everyone in my position, but I am gay and in the exact same position who people believe Faulkner’s post has damaged. I have told 3 of my closest friends I’m gay (and no one more, definitely not in the foreseeable future) and I could not care less about this ‘scandal’. People just love feeling offended tbh.

I think people should be more positive of the reaction he got from others who thought he was coming out. No one cared and offered good support. Athletes thinking of coming out should look at how positive it could be imo

Sep 23, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
2zsc7v.jpg

Back