Society/Culture James Faulkner Insta-outrage: is it insensitive to confirm that you are not gay if people are under the misconception that you are?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing said when females refer to thier female friends as girlfriends, but when a guy calls a male friend boyfriend

Different story, quite Sexist actually.
You don't call a male friend a boyfriend, you call them a mate :rolleyes:
I feel sorry for his boyfriend though. Must be a bit awkward now between the couple.

I heard he swings both ways...

Sorry cant resist an old old cricket joke.

There was a guy who named his dog Larwood. When asked by his mate why on earth he would name his best mate after someone so hated, he said he couldnt resist the connection because his dog also had 4 short legs and his balls swung both ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh I didn't know who this guy was.

pffft........... That's a lie unless you do actually live under a rock or on Mars, neither of which is evidently true.

Why do you continue to give ammo to those that want to expose you most? I don't get that, being disingenuous is showing you think you have some sort of moral superiority against lefty types.

You usually post based on practic and logic and then you put up s*** like this and give em all the ammo they need to deconstruct any reasonable post you've put up previously.

F***** weird man!

Sorry cant resist an old old cricket joke.

There was a guy who named his dog Larwood. When asked by his mate why on earth he would name his best mate after someone so hated, he said he couldnt resist the connection because his dog also had 4 short legs and his balls swung both ways.

Oh Horse, I'm so glad you're back. Under rated entertainer!

pffft........... That's a lie unless you do actually live under a rock or on Mars, neither of which is evidently true.

Why do you continue to give ammo to those that want to expose you most? I don't get that, being disingenuous is showing you think you have some sort of moral superiority against lefty types.

You usually post based on practic and logic and then you put up s*** like this and give em all the ammo they need to deconstruct any reasonable post you've put up previously.

F***** weird man!
I don’t follow cricket.

Not sure that this reference to a preference expressed by some who like brackish water for their daily ablutions will pass Chief's new, Google-inspired/imposed guidelines.
It's Chief, he of unmatched wisdom godammit
It's a loofah, or a douche for me.

Last edited:
I don't think he did anything wrong, either by calling someone his 'boyfriend' or by confirming that he wasn't gay.

After all, girls do sometimes refer to each other as 'girlfriends' without any connotation of homosexuality.

Women hang out together all the time and gossip and go shopping (i.e. 'girly' stuff) so there is more of a non-sexual camaraderie between chicks with no stigma with calling each other 'girlfriends'.

Men are you know.....men

I don't believe I have ever heard the guy's name spoken or read it in print before this thread.

Cricket is s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back