Nostradamus Lives James Frawley- on the move? All rumours in here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a post on AFL Draft, Trade, Free Agency, List and General News linking James Frawley to the Swans. Damien Barrett is also reporting that Frawley is chasing a seven year deal and that's right up the Swans alley. I guess we can get used to the Swans signing the top free agent every year at least it takes all the suspense out of things. Good list management of course....perhaps the AFL should allow the Swans to keep the Cola as clearly the Swans are having trouble attracting and retaining players up there.....

It wont be through free agency IF (AND THATS A BIG F'ing IF) we get him it would be through a trade eski to the dee's Frawley to us.
Damien Barrett knows two tenths of * all and claimed carlton we're "circling" for mitchell, that was until someone from mitchell's family pointed out A) mitchell's contracted for another 2 years and B) no one had spoken to him at all about a possible trade.

If we have the money to pay frawley market rate we have the money to retain big mal, why would we give up one of our best defenders for frawely, hell i'd rather us go after shoenmakers then frawely, frawely's best games are up forward not down back, he also lacks the second and third efforts and chase required of a swans defender.

fact is Frawely is masturbated over because he plays for the Dee's and he's related to a VFL legend, he's not worth the 650K he will fetch on the open market. I'm sure the team have looked into him and with work i'm sure we could mould him to fit our play style, but right now he wouldn't make the Swans best 22, you don't chance someone as overpriced as frawely if he can't hold his spot.

BUT if mal goes, obviously he would be a handy pick up but he still needs a s**t load of work to crack the swans 22 and for the free agency market price there's no way. it's trade or he winds up at hawthorn.... after all Lakes contract won't be renewed, Clarko is clearly see's shoenmakers as a depth player only. along with ageing players and cap space freed up by buddy leaving and Frawely being on record as chasing a flag being important to him, it makes far more sense that it's the hawks hunting him.

but sure let's all believe the guy that said luke parker wouldn't resign a week before he did.

Why would you trade for a free agent - that makes no sense?

if a trade was done both mal and frawely would need to signed up for a year yes, it cant happen if they are free agent's.

there's nothing against rules in signing a contract that stipulates it's with the understanding that the player is going to be traded.

if a trade was done both mal and frawely would need to signed up for a year yes, it cant happen if they are free agent's.

there's nothing against rules in signing a contract that stipulates it's with the understanding that the player is going to be traded.

If my club did that, I'd be calling for those responsible to be sacked.

This has the smell of the yearly "pushing up a player's price by linking them to Collingwood" about it.

Happens every year, my personal favourite was when Doug Hawkins blew up in the media that Nathan Brown was signed, sealed and delivered to the Pies only for him pop up at the Tigers.

As the old saying goes "I'll believe it when I see it"

The Hun are nothing if not boringly consistent.

Looks like them and the player managers have assigned Frawley to the Pies this year and the Blues got assigned Higgins.

Thomas, Didak, Heath Shaw all gone at end of last year with Maxwell gone for next year. Hard to see why Pies would be struggling with salary cap now.

As the second article says, I think Geelong is a good chance and we have a bit of room in our salary cap. Also, you'd think a culture and system like Geelong would be pretty attractive after the last 5 years at Melbourne.

We do have Lonergan, Taylor and Rivers though, so not sure what that would mean if all were fit. He could play forward as a third tall?...

other than for $$$$$'s would you leave the dee's to go to Collingwood??? I don't see the pies as a serious premiership contender for a number of years with their list and while Melbourne are still a long way off at least with roos incharge they seem to be on the right trajectory. He could be a part of changing a proud clubs culture for the better. idk. all I know is they are both closer to a gf than carlton, although if we had frawley....hmmmm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny that Hawthorn aren't getting a mention, would have to be most likely with Geelong.
Sydney a chance also to cover Richards or Grundy in the near future.

other than for $$$$$'s would you leave the dee's to go to Collingwood??? I don't see the pies as a serious premiership contender for a number of years

Will be right back in the hunt in a year or 2.

Thought I might as well start a thread considering the Frawley to Collingwood and Sydney rumour threads have already been made. A few important things to take into account here that may allow the Gold Coast to chase James Frawley.
  • Nathan Bock retired earlier today. Frees up cap space and one less KPD on their list.
  • Karmichael Hunt is going to leave at the end of the season for Rugby. Frees up more cap space.
  • 75% of Campbell Brown's 2014 contract will be removed at the end of the season. Frees up more cap space.
  • The oldest tall defender in their best 22 is 23 years old. They need more quality experience down back.
  • Despite the last two weeks, the Suns appear to be on the verge of something great and that would be very attractive to a player that is yet to play finals.
  • Cheap one but Frawley enjoys surfing.
It has been reported by the media as recent as yesterday that the Gold Coast are still pursuing Frawley. Guy McKenna was asked whether they would chase Frawley in the free agency a few days ago and he was pretty tight lipped saying their focus was to retain current players. However, they have virtually already re-signed every player they really want to hang on to so there could be questions raised there. Last time McKenna was tight lipped about a player like this we found out during the trade period that the Gold Coast were in fact chasing Kurt Tippett the whole time.

Anyway, there's one for you. It's a possibility at this stage.

If he goes i hope he gets,

- All of Nathans Bocks contract
- Plus Karmichael Hunts contract
- Plus the 75% of Campbell Browns 2014 Contract
- Provides Gold Coast with the leadership he has shown at Melbourne this year
- Settles in to a club that is showing promise with lots of talent and young players (hmmmmm.....)
- Enjoys the Sun and Surf.

That way they will pay overs and offer him a long contract and we will be compensated for it.

I have an acquaintance who used to work for the club and is still close with some staff and players there.

Rumour has it that Hardwick is very keen to try and get him to join the club at the end of the season. Also apparently Collingwood are weighing up whether or not they can compete with the wages offered by Sydney teams, so surely that would be a problem for Richmond too.

I'm not going to pretend I know what the offered wages or future plans are, that's all I heard.

Doss / grizzlym / assorted mods surely it's time for a 'James Frawley Rumours Megathread' or something on these boards? There are now four separate threads made within the last week discussing Frawley going to different clubs. :p Not commenting on their legitimacy, just likely to end up with a bunch of threads basically discussing the same thing.

Doss / grizzlym / assorted mods surely it's time for a 'James Frawley Rumours Megathread' or something on these boards? There are now four separate threads made within the last week discussing Frawley going to different clubs. :p Not commenting on their legitimacy, just likely to end up with a bunch of threads basically discussing the same thing.
Agreed- thanks Dannnnnnnnnn.

All four threads have been merged into the one mega-thread. Needless to say, let's keep it all in here from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back