Nostradamus Lives James Frawley- on the move? All rumours in here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There should be a pact between the 17 clubs not to offer Frawley a deal that will get Melbourne a band 1 compo pick.

Well they do lose a top 5 player from their list, so they do get punished in a sense

Just like every other club they had the opportunity to convince him to stay.

I'm not saying Melbourne shouldn't be compensated. But the current compensation system is not fair.
It practically encourages Melbourne to let Frawley leave because the reward for him leaving is greater than the reward for keeping him. It's a flawed system. It's got nothing to do with Melbourne. It's to do with the current system being a farce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bad ankle which stopped him playing 20 games this year?

May have played 20 games but first half of the year struggled to kick over 40m, but my point is u say other clubs should not pay Frawley enough for them to get band 1, but didnt stop Car giving Daisy a very nice contract.

May have played 20 games but first half of the year struggled to kick over 40m, but my point is u say other clubs should not pay Frawley enough for them to get band 1, but didnt stop Car giving Daisy a very nice contract.

Because the compensation pick Collingwood got for Daisy was fair value.

You don't honestly think Frawley would get you pick 3 if he was traded normally do you?

My point isn't that Melbourne shouldn't receive compensation. My point is that the current compensation system is flawed.

I'm not saying Melbourne shouldn't be compensated. But the current compensation system is not fair.
It practically encourages Melbourne to let Frawley leave because the reward for him leaving is greater than the reward for keeping him. It's a flawed system. It's got nothing to do with Melbourne. It's to do with the current system being a farce.
Bullshit, we lose a proven player.

No need to tell a Hawthorn supporter that. We lose Buddy, and our compensation is worse than Collingwood get for losing Daisy Thomas.......I mean, seriously

You don't honestly think Frawley would get you pick 3 if he was traded normally do you?

My point isn't that Melbourne shouldn't receive compensation. My point is that the current compensation system is flawed.

well Coll didn't put up much of a fight so i think they where happy to get the pick.

No i don't think Frawley is worth pick 3 i think he is worth a mid to late 1st rounder, But a bad team lossing a good player hurts them more than a top team lossing one.

I think the AFL set up the system for the lower team's to get over compensated while the good team's get unders which people may not like but that's the system.

The fact is with free agency the top teams will not lose many players tho, its going to be the bottom team that will lose out so if they are over compensated i dont see the big deal.

well Coll didn't put up much of a fight so i think they where happy to get the pick.

No i don't think Frawley is worth pick 3 i think he is worth a mid to late 1st rounder, But a bad team lossing a good player hurts them more than a top team lossing one.

I think the AFL set up the system for the lower team's to get over compensated while the good team's get unders which people may not like but that's the system.

The fact is with free agency the top teams will not lose many players tho, its going to be the bottom team that will lose out so if they are over compensated i dont see the big deal.

Top teams have lost players not just lower teams. It's just that players will only go to the top teams.

Clearly that was the AFL's intention in setting up a system that would reward the lower teams more because they're less likely to get free agents IN. Doesn't make it right. That's all I'm saying.

Top teams have lost players not just lower teams. It's just that players will only go to the top teams.

Clearly that was the AFL's intention in setting up a system that would reward the lower teams more because they're less likely to get free agents IN. Doesn't make it right. That's all I'm saying.

Is that the only reasoning though? There is an element of it simply being a mechanism to ensure some league equality, just like the draft (which its positions are tied to).

and He had a Stuffed Ankle and Carlton paying 700-750k was way overs

Is that the only reasoning though? There is an element of it simply being a mechanism to ensure some league equality, just like the draft (which its positions are tied to).

How handing Melbourne pick 3 for Frawley & Hawthorn pick 19 going anything like ensuring league equality?
I know the rules of the system dictate that they are the picks each team should receive. But that isn't very equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back