James Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

Had the AFL said that doesn't look right and exercised their right to a mid first rounder no one would bring up the Buddy compo as a rule of measurement.
These middle of the road teams need to take a leaf out of StKildas book and aggressively build a list rather than top up with players passed their best.
I understand it from a pure equalisation POV but yeah if someone's getting $10 million or whatever it is you can't ignore it.

Were yet to see how it pays off for St Kilda, and the one precedent we have who did that is Melbourne and look how pathetic they are, wouldn't be taking a leaf out of St Kildas book at this stage. Although I agree that some of the ways the middle teams are going about it is pretty much asking to be stuck as a middle team, ie Norfs approach this year and Richmonds over the last couple of years.

On Frawley, so you guys are saying he's an unrestricted FA, meaning he wasn't in Melbournes top 10 paid players, is this correct? Genuine question.
My understanding is he was on a front ended contract after his AA year and that in 2014 he was not in the top 10 paid hence why he was unrestricted FA.
saints are perfectly poised to raid GWS and top line FA's within the next few years all the while stock piling young kids without AFL assistance.

Anyhow

Now that the mighty Dees have officially been allocated pick 3 as rightful compensation for the loss of James Frawley I honestly hope the we proceed to draft McCartin with it ourselves.

No more offers required

Anyhow

Now that the mighty Dees have officially been allocated pick 3 as rightful compensation for the loss of James Frawley I honestly hope the we proceed to draft McCartin with it ourselves.

No more offers required
i haven't followed the draft but Brayshaw and one of the tall fowards sounds good. :)

Brayshaw and Wright would be a great outcome for you. But think you should fully explore trading down three to either GWS or the Doggies for a good player and their first rounder. They are both desperate to get further up the order.

Reveling in mediocrity ? Have you ever seen a team celebrate a flag like Footscray reserves did, it was like they hadnt won a night or day priemership since 1954..oh...hold on
Yeah it was a little weird..
He should start by at least beating up on the kids who have played under 10 games, like Bontempelli who destroyed him, before moving onto the champions in the league.
2 goals, 17 disposals?
I know Dogs fans love getting up a froth over Bont but that's hardly destroying someone.

Yeah it was a little weird..

2 goals, 17 disposals?
I know Dogs fans love getting up a froth over Bont but that's hardly destroying someone.
When your an 18 year old midfielder it is lol. And I was more talking about him single handedly letting Bonts win us the game, twice. He's just an average player and if someone genuinely thinks he will destroy Buddy next year well...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brayshaw and Wright would be a great outcome for you. But think you should fully explore trading down three to either GWS or the Doggies for a good player and their first rounder. They are both desperate to get further up the order.

They can remain desperate.:rolleyes:

Anyhow

No more offers required
I think you would be better placed with McCartin than Wright. I just feel these ruck/forwards are not forwards or rucks, big risk especially for a top 3 pick. McCartin and Hogan with Dawes doing the grunt work could work well.

A top 2 player, plus a top 4/6 player, plus a solid 22 player might be a better outcome than two top 3 players.

Well no doubt our recruiting team will have to make a call on that.

My opinion is is to take Brayshaw and McCartin with picks 2 and 3.

The Saints will most likely snaffle Petracca at pick 1.

Anyhow

No more offers required
Well, taking Brayshaw and McCartin after the Saints trade off their pick 1 to GWS would certainly put egg on their face.

I think you would be better placed with McCartin than Wright. I just feel these ruck/forwards are not forwards or rucks, big risk especially for a top 3 pick. McCartin and Hogan with Dawes doing the grunt work could work well.

Agree 1000%

Brayshaw and McCartin please. Thanks AFL and thank you James Frawley. Clearly not worth pick 3, but we will gladly accept :)

To those who are complaining, let's face it, we will draft a very very good young player with pick 3. We will develop him badly. Most likely within 5 years he will look at leaving for a better club(which narrows it down to 17 clubs), and then all of your clubs will be clamouring over him anyway! So stop complaining!!

Ha it's a bit like the cold war. The Swans build one weapon, 2 weeks later the U.S build a counter. Free Agency - making the league a 2 horse town since 2012

That is true.
But Port Adelaide won't rest, they'll run sides into the ground regardless of their talent.
They'll need to see improvement from Clurry, and others down back, but that is for another thread.
I like Port next year.

He should start by at least beating up on the kids who have played under 10 games, like Bontempelli who destroyed him, before moving onto the champions in the league.
Pretty sure Frawley played 3 quarters on Jones and he was subbed off at 3/4 time with 1 disposal.

We made a bad move putting him on Bont's who goaled from a mark 40 out he took on Frawley where the ball floated in to the forward line and Frawley misjudged it. Probably related to Frawley playing CHF for most of the preceding 10 weeks.

He then won the game when Frawley panicked on the goal line dropped the ball and then 3 Melbourne players missed tackling Bont and he kicked that great goal. Neither of those problems would happen too often if at all at Hawthorn.

You can focus on the 2 goals Bont got which highlighted his freakish ability or you can focus on Frawley getting Jones subbed off with 1 handball. Jones is no star but Frawley can and will do similar jobs on all the best forwards in the comp. It's amazing what playing with better players and with motivation will do for a player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back