Recruiting James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't be clumsy.
I’d argue that you’re the clumsy one. Branding someone a racist is possibly the second harshest label you can slap on a person behind child molester in today’s society. There was clearly no malicious intent, but you have no qualms in dragging this person for an innocent mistake.

A more appropriate response on your behalf may have been “take care, your post could be perceived as racist”.

I’d argue that you’re the clumsy one. Branding someone a racist is possibly the second harshest label you can slap on a person behind child molester in today’s society. There was clearly no malicious intent, but you have no qualms in dragging this person for an innocent mistake.

A more appropriate response on your behalf may have been “take care, your post could be perceived as racist”.
Or it could be that old mate thinks it's funny to take a stab and veil it. I don't know and actually, neither do you, but I've seen, heard and been through enough in my life to not let crap like that ride, which is why I asked the question. Straight up.

If you want to diminish, be reductionist and an apologist without actually confronting it in all of its forms and asking the question, you're being complicit. I'm not branding anyone. I'm asking for an explanation, but I am very f****** tired of apologists.

Or it could be that old mate thinks it's funny to take a stab and veil it. I don't know and actually, neither do you, but I've seen, heard and been through enough in my life to not let crap like that ride, which is why I asked the question. Straight up.

If you want to diminish, be reductionist and an apologist without actually confronting it in all of its forms and asking the question, you're being complicit. I'm not branding anyone. I'm asking for an explanation, but I am very f****** tired of apologists.

Way to make a mountain out of a molehill. Jesus christ

Your intentions are good mate but you're making something it's not in this situation.

He is making a joke, two mythological creatures that some people have claimed to have seen

Next thing we can't call Cox a unicorn cause that might upset someone

So, by that premise, one thing can't lead to another. You can't claim to speak for the poster's intention.
Jesus mate you were the same about Mozzie, you are the only one seeing colour here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, Lore. Voice of a minority again being accurately reflected makes me angry. People still don't get it and it's frustrating.
It's understandable.

On the one hand, it looks very much like he was making a point about mythical creatures. Especially when the other one is the Loch Ness Monster.

He would've done better to use a pegasus or a sphinx or something to go with Nessy though, because as you rightly point out the comparison to an ape is extremely offensive– even if it's a giant mythological one.

It's good to have the conversation and see each other's points of view, but we don't need to be adversarial and inflammatory in the process.

When the majority is whitewashed, someone has to be. You sound like you have the privilege of these things not having to concern you, so you might as well jog on.
white privilege really, trying growing up with Autsim, a dad who tried to kill himself when he was teenager, a mum who had cancer when he was a teenager

jog on

Umm I actually made a suggestion in the post you quoted about how you could address it. I also said it was clumsy. You can post something racially insensitive and not be a racist.
Unintentional insensitive, sure. “******* racist” OTT. Save that for the Tex Walkers 😉

How often are tadpoles bigger than the frogs?
Well I did see a photo of what was allegedly a giant bullfrog tadpole that just kept growing because it was in a pond polluted with some sort of industrial waste that ****ed it's hormones and stopped it turning into a frog

Umm I actually made a suggestion in the post you quoted about how you could address it. I also said it was clumsy. You can post something racially insensitive and not be a racist.
Unintentional insensitive, sure. “******* racist” OTT. Save that for the Tex Walkers 😉
I'm giving the person the benefit of the doubt already and I'm happy with my response, thanks very much. ;)

That's actually terrifying
ZAC1Gtv.png

Josh Misiti got a mention on SEN today:

Sounds like his development hasn't been done any favours.

Admittedly, I'm assuming inside craft is in the blood, but at 193cm and with average athleticism, at best, the only real spot to make it is an inside mid.

I don't think there is any rush to get him on the list. He sounds like someone who could do with an overage year or to be drafted into our VFL system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back