Recruiting James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
9DCAA6AF-2943-4BAA-B43F-95F5EDC24190.jpeg

38657490-23A0-4E05-A7DC-2B4768DE16E6.jpeg

8FF5FF4D-F936-429C-9E81-E9215F4D34A3.jpeg

1AC7F2FF-C2E6-4F6F-811B-2A8CC37E38F7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
So we still retain fs rights even after regular drafting age?

Till death do we part.

The only way we lose them is if he is drafted

As Jack Package mentioned.. If we choose to not match a bid on him and he is drafted by another club, we then lose the ability to re draft him as a father son option.

As a player who (assuming he nominated in his draft year) was overlooked and is now a mature aged player we do still hold the rights to him as a father/son player. Same as the WEagles did with Waterman (iirc) when they drafted him as a 22 year old mature ager from the WAFL.

As Jack Package mentioned.. If we choose to not match a bid on him and he is drafted by another club, we then lose the ability to re draft him as a father son option.

As a player who (assuming he nominated in his draft year) was overlooked and is now a mature aged player we do still hold the rights to him as a father/son player. Same as the WEagles did with Waterman (iirc) when they drafted him as a 22 year old mature ager from the WAFL.
Brennan iirc

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Bad news for Matt Neagle, broke his arm pretty badly today against Yarrawonga. Reports from a couple blokes who were there said it was pretty sickening. Game was abandoned 5 minutes into the last quarter . Shocking for the kid.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
Bad news for Matt Neagle, broke his arm pretty badly today against Yarrawonga. Reports from a couple blokes who were there said it was pretty sickening. Game was abandoned 5 minutes into the last quarter . Shocking for the kid.
While bad luck for Neagle, was the game essentially over when they called it off? I find it hard to believe they would because of an injury.

I saw a few horrid injuries when I played (the most graphic a snapped wrist in junior colts) and never was the game called off. 1 game was called off due to too many brawls and the umpires couldn't be ****ed if the players weren't interested in playing football but never from an injury (can understand if life threatening though)

maurice rioli junior is eligible for Richmond, Freo and Essendon in the 2020 draft

will be interesting to see what freo and essendon do to try and woo him. i believe it is the kid's choice where he plays
Agreed.

Richmond out of the race

pretty sure brayden rioli (daniels younger brother) is in next years draft and hes eligible for efc through your academy

and then Maurice junior also eligible in the 2020 draft

Wtf???

Juniors coming to Tigerland.

Back