Recruiting James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jayden did an ACL at the start of the year I believe so not playing, Alwyn is a star and is looking like a first round prospect for the 2022 draft.
Thats no good re Jayden. On the bright side he has all of 2021 and 2022 to mount a draft case.

Because of Gold Coasts Darwin zone do we forfeit our F/S rights or do they get to nominate?
Hopefully they pick us haha

Thats no good re Jayden. On the bright side he has all of 2021 and 2022 to mount a draft case.

Because of Gold Coasts Darwin zone do we forfeit our F/S rights or do they get to nominate?
Hopefully they pick us haha
Under the current rules if you are eligible for multiple clubs through f/s or an academy then you choose in advance.

When a player is eligible for two clubs as a father-son

A player who is eligible to be drafted by two or more clubs as a result of the father-son rule must nominate his preferred club before the draft. That club will then have the right to match any bids that come for him.
8.6 Where a Player is eligible to be included on the Primary List or Rookie List of more than one Club under this Father/Son Rule, the Player may be included on the List of either Club, according to the preference of the Player and the Determination for the national Draft Bidding System.
https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/AFL Rules effective 9 May 2019.pdf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Under the current rules if you are eligible for multiple clubs through f/s or an academy then you choose in advance.

I understand that is the rules for regular NGA's but obviously the Darwin one is different in a couple of ways. I didnt know if GCS could just list them as they are eligible.

Getting rotated on the bench often, makes an impact when he is on, plenty of kids getting moved around aswell.
He's hardly been on the ground from what ive seen, But his class and poise stands out from a mile away. Has he a clocked a 20m sprint before eDPS? ... doesnt look to have as much toe as the old man.

I understand that is the rules for regular NGA's but obviously the Darwin one is different in a couple of ways. I didnt know if GCS could just list them as they are eligible.
As far as I know they have never elucidated on the Darwin NGA. Which means it either works the same as all the others... or the AFL will make it up as they go along :p

In any case they've always been able to opt out of academies, I think it would be pretty harsh to say you can never play AFL except at this one club because you live in some arbitrary place.

Especially since it overlaps with NGAs from other clubs. What's the point of our NGAs if we don't have rights to any of the players we develop?

He's hardly been on the ground from what ive seen, But his class and poise stands out from a mile away. Has he a clocked a 20m sprint before eDPS? ... doesnt look to have as much toe as the old man.
He has had 12 touches so far so not too bad for the amount of game time he has had, he is quick when he wants to be. He doesn’tjust put on the afterburners just for the sake of it he is a bit smarter than that. More likely to take off from a standing start or with a chase down tackle.

As far as I know they have never elucidated on the Darwin NGA. Which means it either works the same as all the others... or the AFL will make it up as they go along :p

In any case they've always been able to opt out of academies, I think it would be pretty harsh to say you can never play AFL except at this one club because you live in some arbitrary place.

Especially since it overlaps with NGAs from other clubs. What's the point of our NGAs if we don't have rights to any of the players we develop?
Players apart of the GC Darwin zone can choose not be pre listed.

He has had 12 touches so far so not too bad for the amount of game time he has had, he is quick when he wants to be. He doesn’tjust put on the afterburners just for the sake of it he is a bit smarter than that. More likely to take off from a standing start or with a chase down tackle.
Yep you can tell he's a really smart player for his age. Froggy and Aaron have done well teaching him. Just would interesting to see what'd he run in a 20m, i reckon he'd go extremely well on the agility test. Almost has Pendles/bont style about him where he just cruises from contest to contest not spending excessive energy.

Twomey references Brand and Eyres early in this clip but there is not a lot of info. Brand even looks a bit like Fletcher.

Ha, very brief. One sentence on each 'Brand is a key defender, also spent a bit of time at Essendon. Also have Josh Eyre who is a key forward so Essendon stocking up in a couple of areas of need there'... and then on to the Hawks' NGA prospects.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back